Week 6 Day 2 Done!
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    going good ladies!
  • greytblackdog
    greytblackdog Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    W7D2 was completed on Thursday with husband in tow. We averaged a 11:20/mile.

W7D3 was completed solo this afternoon. Running with music makes me run faster as I ran at 10:36/mi. Go figure. Here are today's stats.

W7D3
    Distance: 3.26 mi
    Run Pace: 10:36/mi
    Walk Pace: 14:16/mi
    Cal Burned: 344

Run on ladies!
  • greytblackdog
    Options
    I just read all 10 pgs of your posts. It's awesome to read where you were and were you are now. I'm W2D2. And am surviving. Little hard on my shins though. Hoping that will pass.
    Good work everyone!

You absolutely can do this. I have never run in my entire life and now I look forward to my 30-ish mintes on the road three times a week. Stick with it - even when you're not sure you can put another foot in front of another. You absolutely can make it to the end. You'll find what works best for you. Good Luck!!!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Week 7 Day 2 finished with difficulty! I haven't been feeling very good, likely due to all the crap I've been eating. Then I got a huge allergy attack! I finished, but I'm still sneezing 7 hours later! :(
  • bobbi29
    bobbi29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Didnt really feel like being in the cold so did Week 7 except for one day on my Wii. Today I started week 8 but I modified it since I am way slower that you guys I ran for distance instead of time. So I ran 2 miles in 32 min about a 16:00 min mile pace. So now I know where I need to be to complete my goal for My race in March.

Starting Weight: 288
    CW-281
    GW-125
    Bicep: 17-Nov 13-16.5
    Bust(fullest): 44-Nov 13- 45
    Waist(narrowest): 45 Nov 13- 41
    Belly around navel: 50-Nov 13- 49
    Hips(widest): 53-Nov 13- 52.5
    Thighs (widest): 28-Nov 13- 27
    calves-20.5R, 20L: Nov 13- 19.5, 20L:
    Mini GW challenge-278 -
  • sonyachan
    Options
    Didnt really feel like being in the cold so did Week 7 except for one day on my Wii. Today I started week 8 but I modified it since I am way slower that you guys I ran for distance instead of time. So I ran 2 miles in 32 min about a 16:00 min mile pace. So now I know where I need to be to complete my goal for My race in March.

Good for you! I really have no idea how far I'm running. And you've lost weight too!
  • greytblackdog
    Options
    Week 8 Day 1 - WEEK EIGHT!

I will be the first to tell you that I never thought in 8 weeks I would be running 28 minutes straight! Hubby went with me again today. Stats below:

W8D1
    Distance: 3.35 mi
    Run Pace: 10:23/mi
    Walk Pace: 15:04/mi - it is warm up and cool down - right?
    Cal Burned: 340

How are you guys in the U.S. planning your runs around the holidays?
  • sonyachan
    Options
    Week 7 Day 3 today....ready to run a little bit more next time. I will be doing my first 5K on New Year's Day! Woohoo!
  • sonyachan
    Options

How are you guys in the U.S. planning your runs around the holidays?
    I'm not traveling so I should be able to continue as usual. :)
  • sonyachan
    Options
    Early morning run, went well. My first 28 minute run. I tried to run a bit faster, but only held up for about 8 minutes doing that. Week 8 Day 1 down!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 3 Done!
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    sonyachan- u r looking gorgeous

so guys whats the plan for holidays
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Week 7 Day 1 Done!

Dexters~Im going to spend time with the family. My goal is to exercise & keep my portions under control.
  • sonyachan
    Options
    Thank you so much, Dex! I'm feeling good, too! :)
  • sonyachan
    Options
    Week 8 is over! My goal this week is not only to run for 30 minutes, but to truly run 3.1 miles!
  • greytblackdog
    Options
    Week 8 was completed on Christmas Eve Eve - although after the severe consumption over the last two days, I should have run at least once this weekend. Oh, well. It doesn't happen every day - right?

Here's the stats for W8D3.

W8D3
    Distance: 3.62 miles
    Run Speed: 10:13/mi
    Walk Speed: 14:51/mi
    Cal Burned: 373

I plan to do measurements at the end of next week. Good luck in week 9 for all of you who are chugging right along. Merry Christmas to you all!
  • sonyachan
    Options
    Finally ran for 30 minutes and my new pedometer says I only ran 2.3 miles! I am gonna run 35 minutes Wednesday and 40 minutes Friday. That should get me to 3.1 miles.....Good grief!
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    Well ladies it has been a great challenge I'm still looking forward to end this thread in very conclusive manner showing how much this challenge has helped in achieving your goals for that matter I need a lil more participation on posting before and after measurements

I hope I can find out such dedicated team pals when I resume my workouts post partum. I'll invite u guys again next year because I know u guys are dedicated
  • greytblackdog
    Options
    W9D1 Complete. I still cannot believe I'm on week 9. Dexter_Dexte I will post final measurements on Friday or Saturday - will that work? Stats below. No improvement over W8D3.

W9D1
    Distance: 3.62 miles
    Run Pace: 10:25/mi
    Walk Pace: 13:57/mi - this is a huge improvement in the walking!
    Cal Burned: 372

I really had to push through today. When I take 3 days off instead of 2 days off I struggle a bit and can tell how tired my legs are by the end of the run.