Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Bring your crockpot/slow cooker recipes

Replies

• c0rinth517
    c0rinth517 Posts: 13 Member
    I love my crockpot !!!!!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Yes so easy, so good.
  • bump:love:
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    I'm a HUGE fan of this website: www.eatingwell.com I also get the magazine.

I made the vegetarian lasagna in a crockpot. Yes, lasagna. :happy:
    And no, the noodles were not purchased pre-cooked and were whole wheat. :bigsmile:

I make a lot of crock pot meals, but this is one of the most filling, easy and healthy I've made thus far.
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/crockpot_lasagna.html

Good luck on your journey. :happy:
  • http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/04/crockpot-tamale-pie-recipe.html

this is my favorite recipe when i'm short on time but still don't want to heat up the oven. it takes 2-4 hours in my crockpot depending on what setting i have it on. also we only put 1/2 tsp of chili powder, the 1 tblsp is WAY too much for us! and i usually add in some chopped up bell peppers. it's vegetarian so it's pretty low cal but you can add some ground beef or turkey if you want.
  • bump
  • Bump
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Bump.
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    I like curry beans, vegetables, and chicken. I don't usually measure when I cook but here are my guesstimates:

1 cup dry black beans
    1 onion, 8 oz diced mushrooms, 1 bell pepper - all diced & pan sauteed
    4 finely diced celery stalks
    2 oz boneless skinless chicken
    jamaican curry powder (add 1 or 2 hours before the end)
    black pepper
    chicken broth cube
    salt to taste

put pot on low for about 5 or 6 hours. If not done to your liking, keep checking & cook & season as you like. sometimes I dump in some diced spinach with the other veggies.
  • Tia_N_Mac
    Tia_N_Mac Posts: 181 Member
    great ideas, need to keep up with this topic
  • Thanks for the info. I had no idea; however, the name has been changed to Skinny Ms Slow Cooker.:smile:
  • konswela
    konswela Posts: 137 Member
    I am supper excited about these recipes. Just got my crockpot for Christmas. I will also be starting at 21 day fast starting Jan8 (as I do at the begining of the year, for the last 3 years) Spiritual reasons but of course i reap the added benefits of weight loss.

So these recipes are awesome, my first week will be no sweets, no meats, not bread, second week I can add one type of meat . I think I will go with turkey., But still no sweets, or breads, and then the third week I probably will no back to no meats, sweets or bread.
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    bump!
  • cnkan0119
    cnkan0119 Posts: 113 Member
    Bump. Trying to utilize my slow cooker more often but to cook healthier meals.......
  • apesid
    apesid Posts: 135 Member
    I'm going to be trying some of these for sure! YUM!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Bumping for later! these sound delish!
  • bump
  • superdrood
    superdrood Posts: 129 Member
    Bump for later perusal :)
  • Crockingirls.com and crockpotguys.com have endless suggestions.
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Bump. I got a crock pot for my birthday or maybe Christmas last year and it crying to be used!! I can't wait to start making some of these delicious meals!!