C25K-New Year Challenge

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Week 9 Day 2 done. Ran 35 minutes, pedometer said 2.8 miles.....so 40 minutes should do it. I wish I were faster, but many people are telling me their first 5k was ran in over 40 minutes. I'm thinking I may do the 9 weeks again, jogging for the walking parts, and running faster for the running parts. That should help me speed up. I have unfortunately gained back 4 pounds in the last 3 weeks. :( Partly due to too much holiday indulgence and partly due to the new birth control I am on causing me to retain some serious fluid. But I will do my measurements Friday or Saturday and put my final weight in too. Looks like it's just the 2 of us, huh, grey? :)
  • greytblackdog
    greytblackdog Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well at least the two of us finished up on time Sonyachan! I did W9D2 today. I was hoping to see a little improvement in speed, but none so far. Oh well. I'm thinking of doing what you are talking about Sonya. But I'm going to run the 30 min program 3x a week for the three weeks and see if I make any improvement. I'll measure up Saturday!!!!

W9D2
    Distance: 3.61 mi
    Run Pace: 10:24/mi
    Walk Pace: 13:53/mi
    Calories: 372

I've started running the last 2 minutes of the cool down. I guess that's helping my walk pace.

What's next for you Sonya? I've joined another challenge on MFP that runs 3 months this time to help diversify my routine of running 3x a week. It's the 10 lb by March 31 challenge and they are posting a new challenge each week. We'll see how it goes.
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Before measurements:
    Wt: 212
    Bicep:13.25
    chest:42
    waist: 41.5
    hips: 47.75
    Thigh: 27

After: 205
    Biceps:12.75
    chest: 41
    Waist: 40.5
    Hips: 46.5
    Thigh: 26

Didn't reach my mini goal weight, but if Christmas and Thanksgiving hadn't been part of the equation maybe I would have! I am just thrilled that this morning I ran my first 5K and finished with a time of 36:11! Faster than I predicted for sure. I am so glad I participated in this. Thank you guys for cheering me on!
  • greytblackdog
    greytblackdog Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sonya - Congrats on your 5k run today. What a great way to start off the new year. I hope to run my first official race at the end of this month. That's a great time! I can't wait to keep up with your progress. We should have a cyber graduation ceremony!

W9D3 Stats:
    Distance: 3.73
    Run Pace: 10:21/mi
    Walk Pace: 14.09/mi
    Cal Burned: 392

Here are my before measurements:
    SW: 155
    GW: 140
    MGW: 149
    Bicep: 12
    Bust (fullest): 36
    Waist (narrow): 31
    Belly (naval): 33
    Hips: 39.5
    Thigh: 23.5
    Calves: R - 15, L 15.5

After 9 weeks of training, here are my stats today:
    Weight: 146.2
    Bicep: 12
    Bust (fullest): 35 (please tell me why this has to happen to me?)
    Waist (narrow): 30.5
    Belly (naval): 31
    Hips: 38.5
    Thigh: 22.5 - left and right both measure the same
    Calves (R/L): 14.5/15

I was able to exceed my mini-weight goal with a lot of discipline in the calorie counting category. Certainly, the running helped a lot. I wasn't prepared to see such a decrease in my waist and hips, but I'll certainly take it!

If you are reading this wondering if C25K is for you, I say do it. I never ran in my life until 9 weeks ago. There were some days that I really didn't want to do it, but I pushed through. Buying an app for my phone was HUGE for me. I always walked on the treadmill prior to 9 weeks ago. Now I hate the thing and really love the features of the GPS on my iPhone. I've posted all of my daily stats on this thread if you want to see how slow I was 9 weeks ago and see the improvement I've made on my running times. If you have questions, send them to me or friend me. I've already made goals for February to improve my time.

Thank you Dex for hosting this challenge. All the best to you and your little one. Sonya, I look forward to keeping up with your progress.
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hey Sonyachan and greytblackdog, Congratulations on finishing the C25K!! Fantastic work guys :flowerforyou:

I wish I could have kept up but once I had the week off with illness and injury I lost all my motivation :sad: Oh well the good thing is I am jumping back on and actually went out this morning for my first run/walk in about a month. I did'nt really follow the C25K just got out and ran a bit and walked a bit. I did 5km in about 38 minutes so pretty happy with that considering how my fitness level is pretty poor after so long without any exercise!!

I was thinking of the two of you as I did my run/walk this morning, thinking of how well you have done and a bit sad that I am not finished yet!! But I know that I will get there eventually, I will not let this running thing beat me, I will run the whole 5km one day :laugh:

Have a great 2012 everyone :smile:
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    congrats sonyachan and greytblackdog u have really done it! awesome results!

loads of cyber applause :)

AmandaC72 and loveme445i hope ull do it very soon!

bobby29, midonhou and des92 u were so active what happened i know u can do it!

I hope ill write myself as C25K graduate in my profile one day! that day should come in 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND C25K GRADUATION!
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I had posted earlier about taking a break because I was sick, and it never did go away. :( still have a cold, about three weeks later!! Now I have Insanity starting tomorrow so I won't have time to finish it, but I really wish I had.
    Congrats to everyone who is finished and those who are still going strong!