Black Team week 2

Options

Replies

• renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hello Black Teamers!

I know it's late and I'm just now getting here. I worked 12 hours again today! I'm dang tired and we busted butt today at work! I just wanna lay down and sleep for a few days.

Vanessa you need some rest girl! And I like your thoughts about your dreams! That is sooo funny!!!

Shuntae good luck to you on your 5K. You can do this girl! Make us proud like we know you will!

Lynnie you are a hot momma! I love the new AV!! Btw, I didn't see a lizard but ok!!

Everyone else I hope you had a great day! I am gonna relax and maybe watch a movie.....if the DVD cord will stop screwing up!

Samantha I also had a breast reduction and the dr swears they did a small lift but I don't see that part of it. But I do like having smaller boobs!

And with the potty training, good luck on that one Vanessa. My daughter is almost 5 (b-day is July 30) and still to this day wears pull-ups at night and still pees on herself some thru out the day. We have good days and bad days. More bad than good. She says she peed just a little bit. I don't know what to do to get that to stop!!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Renae, what the heck do you do to have to work so many hours sweetie? I thought my 10 hours stunk. I can't image 12 hours plus another 2 hours commute time. Blah!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, kids...I just registered for my 5K! Guess I can't punk out now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know you can do this! 5k is a piece of cake!! after this you'll be all for that 10k!

I know I can do it because I am running that now...just nervous because I am so SLOW. But like I told BF just now, I don't need to win...I just want to do it. And seriously, I'm running 3+ miles...I really should be proud of that.

Dang right lady!

No worries about speed. Just run it and have fun! The 5k I am running in June follows the same path as the mother's day 5k that was run this past month and the top male finished in 14 mins. lol So it's definately not about winning for me. lol

:drinker:

Here here-- just finish the race running-- you'll be fine!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Renae, what the heck do you do to have to work so many hours sweetie? I thought my 10 hours stunk. I can't image 12 hours plus another 2 hours commute time. Blah!

Lynnie-- another beautiful picture-- you're amazing, woman--
  • renae77
    Options

I work in furniture cutting fabric! For the most part I like doing my job. I work three 12 hour days and then have 4 days off. Since January we haven't worked a full week but a couple of weeks. But when I do work I work hard and sweat to death! I don't feel like doing much after that!!
    Edit-lucky for me I am only 10 minutes from work and daycare is right on the way!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hello team noire--

Yeah, just thought I'd French it up a little bit-- that's French for "black," don't you know?

okay-- listen up-- I'm here to tell you I went out to run this day after midnight after a typically tiring day, and ran 3.2 miles at my best pace yet.

I'm here to tell you that I'm raising 9 kids on a shoestring budget-- hell, a broken shoestring at that-- one part-time income and unemployment pay. I could write the freakin' book on life with stress--

I've lost 42 pounds eating regular, crapola, cheapo food-- just less of it -- 1200-1400 calories per day of it, to be precise. I can't afford fruits, veggies, hummus or any of the other crap I read about and drool over--

So here's the deal-- no excuses out there, my friends. I don't want to hear I'm tired, I have no motivation, I had a stressful day-- blah, blah, blah-- if I can do it, AND I AM, you can do it. I don't want to hear I had a bad weekend-- get moving team!!

Now, back to softer, gentler Marla-- ahem-- Jeannie, my dear, I prayed for you while I was running. I hope your gam is healing.

And to all my running friends, my thoughts were with you all and how far we've all come-- this journey has been magnificent.

To all of us who have stayed on this journey, whether running, swimming, turbo-jamming, walking, tae-bo-ing-- whatever-- we have stayed the course, and that is totally awesome.

To the newbies that have jumped right in, I'm so pleased to see the enthusiasm and dedication and thus the progress-- you see what works now-- stick with it, stick with us-- we'll ride this all the way to goal.

There-- I'm done-- nite-nite.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: to you all!!!!!!!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Marla, you are my hero! Seriously, I've said it before, I really don't know how you do it all. You are one amazing women and an inspiration to others.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, kids...I just registered for my 5K! Guess I can't punk out now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY, Shuntae!!!! I'm so excited for you! You'll do wonderfully! I have some time to register for mine so I can still panic if I want. :laugh:
  • lynniejones
    Options

I work in furniture cutting fabric! For the most part I like doing my job. I work three 12 hour days and then have 4 days off. Since January we haven't worked a full week but a couple of weeks. But when I do work I work hard and sweat to death! I don't feel like doing much after that!!
    Edit-lucky for me I am only 10 minutes from work and daycare is right on the way!

Wow you are dedicated then if you can hang 12 hours. My daughter works a "D" shift in a diaper factory. She works 12 hour shifts for 4 days a week, then the next week it is 3 days. She still does decent money, but she doesn't like working nights so much I don't think.
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Marla, I had to put a new pic up because I was feeling weird about the lizzard.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    that's awesome sam, maybe she'll be a supermodel

my guys are tiny little peanuts...i'm afraid they're gonna be tiny little men that never get dates

:laugh: I used to have the same fear about Micah, but he's "average" now & should be about 5'-9ish. I can handle that. LOL Zeke, however, is our "doorway". The kid is like a linebacker.
  • 3babybeans
    Options

You are beautiful ALWAYS! :heart:
  • Marla64
    Options

Oh, Lynnie-- I'm so sorry-- I was just teasing you-- please forgive me !!!!!!!

Please believe me when I say I have never been a fan of tattoos, and I think your lizard is totally sexy, and that picture of you is awesome.

Me and my mouth-- :grumble:

I'm sorry, Lynnie:cry:
  • renae77
    Options

Wow you are dedicated then if you can hang 12 hours. My daughter works a "D" shift in a diaper factory. She works 12 hour shifts for 4 days a week, then the next week it is 3 days. She still does decent money, but she doesn't like working nights so much I don't think.
    Well my money was half decent until they changed how they are paying us and the first week they did that they cut my pay by $2 an hour. And our hours have been cut way back too so that doesn't help any either. But I have a job and for that I am grateful! I would work more if they would let me but right now they tell us we can't so I do what I can and go on about my life. I started out there working nights and didn't like it that much either so I have been on dayshift for a long time and am sooo much happier!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Black Team!

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the day! :bigsmile:
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    Hey all!!!!

Does anyone know if they make toddler belts? Owen has a really tiny waist, but he's tall and has broad shoulders so he's in 3T shirts and 2T pants but they fall right down. He needs a belt. :laugh:
  • renae77
    Options
    Hey all!!!!

Does anyone know if they make toddler belts? Owen has a really tiny waist, but he's tall and has broad shoulders so he's in 3T shirts and 2T pants but they fall right down. He needs a belt. :laugh:
    Look at Walmart...sometimes you can find some there. I have found that I have to buy my daughter pant sizes like 4 slim or 5 slim so they fit her waist and not fall down. They may be longer in length but they fit where they need to. Good luck on that!
  • emsmom2009
    emsmom2009 Posts: 23
    Options
    good morning all,

I worked out with my trainer yesterday - oh my - it was tough, but I love it.
    He makes me work harder than I think I can. So good for me.
    Today is my exercise day off - I feel a little guilty.
    Right now I'm watching my daugheter's diving lessons - so much fun (but sometime's its hard to watch because I'm afraid for her).
    I'm going to a picnic later on - but have planned the menu with my mom - so it will have "friendly" foods for me. I'm sure that there will still be junk, but I'm resolved to stay away from it. Fingers crossed....

Have a good day

Callie
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Wishing everybody a fun long weekend. The weather here in Florida is crappy and calling to be crappy all weekend long. We had a picnic planned but are looking at rescheduling. 5 families with a total of 14 kids running around is too much for our house!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Good morning black team friends.

Marla - thanks for the kick in the pants - I needed that. I have been sick and dragging lately, but need to try to do what I can. Will at least get a walk in today. I managed to ride yesterday in between naps.

Shuntae - awesome on the 5K girl - I know you will do well.. keep running..

Sam - 13K is unbelieveable - no wonder you are our fearless leader.

Callie - way to go with the personal trainer - so helpful to have someone (besides Marla and Sam) to push you to do more.

Lori (leckel) - sorry about the weather in FL - you guys are getting socked pretty bad lately - hopefully you are not in the flood regions - hang in there, and have a great Memorial Day anyway.

Lori - take care of yourself, there are some nasty bugs going around. My DD and I both started with what we thought were bad colds and ended up with bronchitis and sinus infection (respectively). Listen to your body and don't hesitate to see a Doc if it gets worse.

Vanesssa - good choice to rest last night - that would have been my vote. You have been doing great and deserve a day off.

Beth and Andrew - you guys really are so cute - no worries on your boys, they will be chick magnets

Sara Beans - naked is always the best solution - especially when warm - funny boys..

Everyone I missed - have a great day and weekend if we don't cross on the threads.

We are in recovery mode at my house - 2 out of 4 of us on antibiotics and youngest DD not able to march with the band in the Memorial Day parade because she has bronchitis - very sad day here. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: She has been practicing all year.. :sad: :sad: Will at least be able to watch and cheer.

Stay active all and be healthy. Janie