traits you find attractive... that others find weird

Options
missbethea
missbethea Posts: 280 Member
Different strokes for different folks!

My friend's grandmother has always said if everyone liked the same kind of person, there would be a whole lot of people without dates on the weekends.

What's a trait you find attractive that others often find odd? Ever said "Man, _____ is so hot!" and your friends just look at you like you are insane? Tell us about it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love a man with a hairy chest. All of my friends think this is really weird, but I can't help it! If a man takes off his shirt and it's like he's still wearing one, it drives me wild! I get sad when good looking men shave their chests/stomach. I hear a lot of them do it so you can their muscles. From what I've heard most girls don't seem to have this mindset when it comes to men. Especially younger women. (I've been this way about guys since high school.)

I also have a thing for guys who are blacksmiths. Yes, I know a few men who do blacksmithing. I find it incredibly sexy.

Replies

• cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    blacksmithing...is unique

I have a thing for guys that wear glasses...take a guy who's already cute and add glasses...wowza...it's a weird thing I have.
  • missbethea
    Options
    blacksmithing...is unique

I have a thing for guys that wear glasses...take a guy who's already cute and add glasses...wowza...it's a weird thing I have.

I know what you mean. There are some men (celebrities especially) who just look amazing when you add glasses. I am with you there! But only on specific dudes haha.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    A lady that makes a killer bacon,lettuce and tomato sammich. :heart:
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    When I was younger, I found female bodybuilders hot. Cory Everson was the bomb.

Now it is just seeing the separation on the legs (a vertical line with the quadracept and hamstrings meet) that I like.
  • kymdarnell
    Options
    When I was younger, I found female bodybuilders hot. Cory Everson was the bomb.

Now it is just seeing the separation on the legs (a vertical line with the quadracept and hamstrings meet) that I like.

OMG!!! I cant stop giggling - awesome....lol
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Different strokes for different folks!

My friend's grandmother has always said if everyone liked the same kind of person, there would be a whole lot of people without dates on the weekends.

What's a trait you find attractive that others often find odd? Ever said "Man, _____ is so hot!" and your friends just look at you like you are insane? Tell us about it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love a man with a hairy chest. All of my friends think this is really weird, but I can't help it! If a man takes off his shirt and it's like he's still wearing one, it drives me wild! I get sad when good looking men shave their chests/stomach. I hear a lot of them do it so you can their muscles. From what I've heard most girls don't seem to have this mindset when it comes to men. Especially younger women. (I've been this way about guys since high school.)

I also have a thing for guys who are blacksmiths. Yes, I know a few men who do blacksmithing. I find it incredibly sexy.

That's funny, I actual was a blacksmuth apprentice for a while. I was kind of built like one and my teacher thought that if nothing else I would look the part. :laugh:
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I kinda like girls with big hair...........still.
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I can't call it a 'trait' - but mechanics with really dirty hands will get me EVERY time! Dirtier the better! :tongue:
  • missbethea
    Options
    I can't call it a 'trait' - but mechanics with really dirty hands will get me EVERY time! Dirtier the better! :tongue:

This is partially why I love blacksmiths!

A man who is dirty from doing real work is definitely attractive. Mechanics, guys who have been working outside, construction workers, etc. There are just some men who look good dirty. (like Mike Rowe!)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I love big men with facial hair, and body hair. If every guy looked like the Brawny lumberjack guy, I'd be in heaven.

Men who shave their bodies seem to feminine and fake to me. Like a woman who tans too often and has a nice orange leather color. .
  • ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It's really strange, but I usually end up liking guys who have big eyebrows (a trait if you asked me separately if I found attractive I'd say no.. but every guy I like including celebrity crushes has them) Weird.. Yes, guess that's just me.
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Well, I never actually SAY that I find this attractive, but I do find myself attracted to balding men..... and when their names are spelled differently than the normal spelling... ie... Bryan instead of Brian... Jon instead of John.. etc... strange I know! :ohwell:
  • missbethea
    Options
    I love big men with facial hair, and body hair. If every guy looked like the Brawny lumberjack guy, I'd be in heaven.

Men who shave their bodies seem to feminine and fake to me. Like a woman who tans too often and has a nice orange leather color. .

I am not alone! Yay!

Another I remembered is noses. I tend to like large, prominent noses for some reason.
  • 2012Kristin
    2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Thick necks..... thick glasses..... Long wavy hair..... and big Toothy smiles.

Someone committed to Mother Nature, recycles, and loves outdoor activities.

That's what I find attractive. But, cheesy as it is, it all really comes down to personality.
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Muscular yet geeky, the type guy who can fix your computer and also change a tire on your car.

Like they say on RedGreen:
    "If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy" but what I like is when they're both.

I was surprised to find something about watching my guy solder my microphone wires totally gets to me, watching a guy shave also I've been surprised to find totally fascinating.

Had a realization a few years ago that there's one thing almost all my exes have in common, for all that they were different in many ways.. every last one of them was at some point in their life a DM/GM (Dungeon Master/Game Master) in the gamer/roleplaying sense. What's that about? Maybe it's just I like geeks and it's a geeky common denominator.. or that I like guys who like to play at being God. Hehe, not sure which. :tongue:

:laugh:
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I love big ears. I find it really sexy for some reason. =)

will_smith2.jpg
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Freckles, the more the better. I had a crush (are men permitted to say that or do I have to surrender my man card?) in high school that had freckles all over her face and shoulders, the kind of freckles that start to fuse together into one gigantic mass. Yeah, that's awesome. Unfortunately, my wife doesn't have that many freckles, but she does get them on her face ever summer. It's like a summer semester surprise :)
  • ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    Options

haha. More power to you, I detest too much body hair.
  • girlnamedlee
    girlnamedlee Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Clean man smell is swoon-worthy.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I always liked the geeky skinny ones with high IQ. I know that most women like big muscle and strong man, but I like those tall extremely skinny whimpy guys. If a guy tall and skinny like a toothpick , speaks 4-5 languages and know what differential equations that is super hot in my book.