MFP Runner's Club

Options

Replies

• 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I don't really like the flavor packets either. I would much rather have water...at room temperature most of the time! :drinker:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon:flowerforyou:

I was scheduled for an easy paced 3 miles this morning. However, the heat and humidity made it feel a little hard.

With that said, thanks to just a few weeks of only running 3 times a week and doing speedwork once a week, my easy pace is down about 45 seconds per mile. Speed/tempo workouts ROCK.

chat soon
    -Kechie.
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    First time running with my group in about a month. Easy 5.5 miles, although the heat and humidity is kicking in, so it feels harder, even early in the morning.
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    ran 3 miles yesterday...today just housecleaning/gardening. As far as water goes, when I'm in a funk and don't want to drink a lot of plain water, I start making pitchers of Sassy Water. It is from the Flat Belly Diet, which I don't follow, but the water is very refreshing. Let me know if you want more info on it...
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    I try to drink as much plain water as possible, but sometimes I just can't do it!
    I like Propel and Special K protein water. I know they contain chemicals as well, but gotta get the water in somehow. I' ve had a headache since Saturday and I'm starting to think I'm still partially dehydrated from my long run. I drank lots of diet Coke over the past 3 days, but very little water, so I'm using Propel today to try and get 100 oz. in.
  • Lesli
    Lesli Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This morning I swam and will do a cardio/strength DVD later.
    Looking forward to tomorrow's run!

Have a great day everyone!
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    I try to drink as much plain water as possible, but sometimes I just can't do it!
    I like Propel and Special K protein water. I know they contain chemicals as well, but gotta get the water in somehow. I' ve had a headache since Saturday and I'm starting to think I'm still partially dehydrated from my long run. I drank lots of diet Coke over the past 3 days, but very little water, so I'm using Propel today to try and get 100 oz. in.

I probably know the answer.....BUT still have to ask (especially feeling the pressure since the Diet Coke Drinkers Anonymous Club began) I would be better off to have water with lemon then to add the powdery stuff....right?
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    ran 3 miles yesterday...today just housecleaning/gardening. As far as water goes, when I'm in a funk and don't want to drink a lot of plain water, I start making pitchers of Sassy Water. It is from the Flat Belly Diet, which I don't follow, but the water is very refreshing. Let me know if you want more info on it...
    OK, I'll bite. What is Sassy water?
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    OK, I'll bite. What is Sassy water?

here you go!
    2 liters water
    1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
    1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
    1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
    12 mint leaves

Combine all ingridents in a pitcher and refrig. overnight. Drink all the water the next day and then refill the pitcher with more water before going to bed and drink again on day 2...so every two nights you have to refill with fresh ingridents. It really is a very refreshing drink with nothing artificial!
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Hey guys & gals! I'm not sure if any of you have heard (seen) tyhe Runner's World Magazine. I just discovered it yesterday. I love it! Checked out the site, too. Awesome! Just thought I'd share. :wink:
  • natalie523
    natalie523 Posts: 12
    Options
    Seven miles for me today:) Have a great day everyone!

Natalie
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Haven't run yet today, been running a little later in the day thanks to the heat. Planning on 5 tonight but I have to start earlier than last night so I can sleep :laugh:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Nicole - I am the same way. If I exercise too late, I get all juiced up and can't relax for sleep. Some friends I have can exercise then go right to sleep. I just can't do it.

Basketball and 4 miles for me this evening.
  • threeupthreedown
    Options
    Jogged 5.06 kms in 46 minutes today.
    Good for me (a 56 year old woman)!!!!
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    No run for me today, although I was supposed to do 6. Instead I played almost 2 hours of tennis. So much fun!

Sherry - we should get together. Let me know when the doctor clears you to run. It'll be fun to finally meet you!
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I did a 3 miler today! Then I saw a "Team in Training" lady at the end of my run and talked to her for a bit! It is totally my next goal to do that! Anyone ever participate in it?
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    4 mile run for me this AM.

2 mile run w/ my dh this afternoon. Longest run for him yet! Less than 2 weeks til the 5K, he'll be ready! :bigsmile:
  • christine918
    christine918 Posts: 261
    Options
    I guess i have finally overdone my training... :sad: Maybe I pulled a muscle? I have no idea what is wrong, but it hurts severely to walk. Does anyone ever had sharp pain from groin muscle that wraps around to your hip? Just wondering cause if its just a pulled muscle, I'll stay off of it for a couple of days and be fine. If not, I guess I need to go to doc:cry: ( I hate going to doctor )

146230.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Hope its just minor and some rest will help! Good luck!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Christine, I'm sorry to hear about your pain. I wish that I could help you but I have no clue. I would at least try to stay off for a few days and if it doesn't clear up or gets worse, go to a dr. Good luck!!

gustergirl, I looked up team in training - very cool! Good luck with it and I hope it works out well for you!!

threeup - good job!!! Keep at it, youll get there - lol - and quit making your age an excuse - you can do it!!! :smile: :wink: :flowerforyou:

Good morning everyone!!!

I'm pumped this morning. I only ran 2 miles but I didn't stop the whole way! And, I pushed myself with bursts of speed - wooo hooo that felt great!! Usually I run in the evenings, so a morning run is a new experience for me. I think I like it...I get to bask in the endorphines while at work :happy: And now I don't have to stew all day wondering how and when I would get my workout in! Yay!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!