You know your losing weight when

Options

Replies

• Doitforbaby120808
    Options
    Your young child can wrap his arms around your waist and lock his fingers together!

I think this is the best one!

my son is six months I am doing this so he will always be able to wrap his arms around me!

thanks for this one!:flowerforyou:
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    You move from the obese to the overweight category on the BMI chart :happy:
  • Doitforbaby120808
    Options
    I love these. hum lets see for me the closed towel happened the other day.

when you can finally put your wedding ring back on! last Week!!! yep wwhhooohooo
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    When your shorts quit riding up between your thighs when you walk quickly. I hate that! Walk a bit, yank a bit, walk a bit, yank........
  • Etta
    Etta Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You know your losing weight when...
    You're running and have to use your hair rubberband to tie up the waist of your pants because they're sliding down as you run... and you don't care that your hair is everywhere, you just wanna keep running.

I just got back from doing that at the gym and there was NO WAY I was getting off that treadmill because I couldn't tie up my hair even if I looked crazy! :embarassed:

126046.png
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    I lost 85 pounds a few years ago and looked like a completely different person from when I was 235 pounds and a size 20. I gained 30 back which is why I'm here but I remember the following things VERY profoundly when I first experienced them back in the day.

You know you're losing weight when...
    ... your weight begins with a "1"
    ... you get annoyed at cute plus sized clothes "Why don't they have that in a *smaller* size! Ugh!"
    ... you don't have to look for your size in the back of the clothing rack.
    ... you can't wait to step on the scale in the morning.
    ... overweight people you meet post-weight loss think you don't understand what it's like to struggle with weight and write you off as one of those skinny girls who doesn't get it.
    ... you aren't afraid to get on rides at amusement parks for fear they will buckle under your weight.
    ... you can borrow clothes from your friends who have never been overweight.
    ... your husband can pick you up.
    ... you're asked to sit in the middle in the back seat of the car when it's full because you're "the littlest one"
    ... you regularly hear "You look amazing! I almost didn't recognize you! What are you doing?"
    ... you decide biking or walking to the store or work with a backpack is totally doable.. and do it.
    ... your body doesn't bump into things or people as you pass by.... one of my favorites.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    ... when you find a "tiny" sized cute-looking dress
    ....buy it as another "goal" dress to wear in 10-20 pounds
    .... and then realize you fit in it already! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    When you can watch an entire season of The Biggest Loser. I would watch the first few episodes and stop because I'd get depressed when they started to weigh less than me.
  • Doitforbaby120808
    Options
    I am 1 LB away from moving to the overweight from obese BMI. I AM SOOOOO EXCITED!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You know your losing weight when you go swimming and barely can stay afloat because you lost most of your "bouyancy" :laugh: Swimming is a lot harder for me this spring than it was last summer!
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    You know your losing weight when you go swimming and barely can stay afloat because you lost most of your "bouyancy" :laugh: Swimming is a lot harder for me this spring than it was last summer!
    Really, does that happen? I've always liked it, because I can stay afloat without even having to tread water :laugh: and I like to float on my back for awhile and be lazy! My fiance is 325 and he is a sinker! So I didn't think it would change with losing weight....Maybe it varies from person to person....I hope so, I like knowing that if I fall outta the boat, I'm going to pop right back up to the top! :laugh:
  • rubberjonnie
    rubberjonnie Posts: 4,171
    Options
    People realise that you can no longer do the party trick of either.....

1. Folding one tummy over the other
    2. Making your tummy looks like lady's bits....!

Now they just laugh at me trying to do it and getting flustered. So not funny and sooooo not flattering..... ha ha

:indifferent: :laugh: :indifferent:

225657.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    you know you're losing weight when ALL of your shirts are RIDICULOUSLY long! lol. OMG! I can't find ANYTHING that fits for me to wear. Just workout gear. :-)

You know you're losing weight when the ONLY pair of jeans that fit you are your SKINNY jeans! :-) I bought size 12 jeans 2 years ago and haven't worn them..EVER! And now they're the only ones that stay up! :-)
  • sroseber
    sroseber Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You know you're losing weight when your BMI finally says you are healthy (even if only by 0.1 lbs!)

When shopping for clothes is fun again

When you can take a vacation and actually manage to put on a swim suit in front of people without being supremely embarrassed to leave the hotel room!

When people at work call you "skinny" and you realize they've never seen the "skinny" you that you remember and what they are seeing is the "skinniest you" they have ever seen (I was "skinny" in H.S. but I'm now at my lowest weight since I've been at my job (7-8 years!)

When you are past losing the baby weight and making progress losing the college weight!

When you don't mind wearing a skirt because your legs actually have some muscle definition and look pretty good.
  • jaxterbom
    jaxterbom Posts: 73
    Options
    The fender on my Harley doesn't drag on the ground 'n' trail sparks any more! :huh:
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    The fender on my Harley doesn't drag on the ground 'n' trail sparks any more!

Haha! People probably thought you modified it on purpose to do that.
  • sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    When you walk into Kohl's and don't which part of the store is the right section!?!?!? Then I got there and I didn't know what size was the right one. I still got there trying sizes two times bigger than I needed!
  • Doitforbaby120808
    Options
    when your favorite pants ( Because there the most comfy) need a belt, but your only belt doesn't fit!! OR DOES IT!!!! Yep today I thought these pants sure are getting big I wish I had a belt to wear but my only belt is too small. Then I decided to try it on anyway and whatta ya know BAM it fit!!!!!!

Also when your so close to coming out of the obese BMI into the overwieght category you can taste it!

1 POUND AWAY!!!! I cant wait!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    when you can see the muscle in your thigh when you walk.
    when people ask you for weightloss/exercise advise.
    when you find a pair of jeans you love and buy two pair, one in your size and one in the next smaller size so you won't have to go shopping again in 6 weeks...
    when your ex tells you that you're looking "kind of skinny," he was being a jerk but still...
  • brandnewsummerb
    Options
    bump!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!