What I've learned from the MFP forums

Options

Replies

• mattemery
    mattemery Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Since I've lost 85 pounds, everything I say is right.
    Since I've lost 5 pounds, everything I say is right.
    Since I did all these things and didn't lose a pound, I can tell you that everything I've tried is bogus.
    I am right. You are wrong. And dangerous. And not taking this seriously. And are a horrible, horrible person.

Thank you, and goodnight.

^^^^^ This
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I have learnt that when we pee we lose white stuff, this is the fat melting away!!
    Also Celery is negative food, I could eat this all day, every day and reach my goal in a WEEK (as long as I don't go over 1200 cals!)
    Also, people don't want the truth, they want super sweet sugary lies to replace the super sweet sugary food they used to shovel into themselves.
    Also, many people find me offensive!!! :grumble: :laugh:
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    Take what folks say with a grain of salt.

If I don't like a topic or what some one said, just move on to on another thread.

Arguing on the internet is like .... well you know the rest and I don't want to offend people with the R word.

That whatever works for me, must work for everyone else. If it doesn't, it means other people are stupid.

People cannot read inflection on a thread ... no matter how many times they have read similar comments by the same person.
  • Ebwash89
    Ebwash89 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    *kitten* is a healthy part of your exercise routine.

Should I log that and for how many calories??

I think you have to wear a heart monitor to get an accurate reading. Not just a HRM, but a fancy 1 with the chest strao and everything - you know treat yourself nice, look hot in the mirror... maybe I've said too much.

I just died laughing. Can you imagine someone wearing a hrm during sex and checking the calorie count in between positions LOL :laugh:
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    That a ream of paper weighs 10lbs, and a 10lb dumbell is heavier than a 10lb bag of feathers. And a discussion about this will be longer than 20 pages. THAT was a fun one!

LMAO!
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    That reading everything about fitness, nutrition, excercise and weight loss on the internet makes you an expert on all of those subjects.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Vodka makes you lose weight.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Women gain weight when during TOM. I mean who knew?!?!?! All these years a didn't know why I was getting bloated once a month!!! Oh my god, should I weigh myself during TOM, what if I've gained weight? Will I ever lose it!?!?!??!?!??!
  • tamerkins2
    Options
    This thread was very educational to a newcomer. I learned a lot from it. You see how I spelled a lot correctly? Learned that here. :laugh:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    This is a direct quote, found on the forum today. :laugh:
    Well, it has been explained to me, by a doctor, that belly fat comes from carbs and butt fat comes from fat. To lose the belly fat, you decrease your carbohydrates and eat more lean protein, to lose the butt fat, you eat "good" carbs and cut back fat,.
    Someone forgot to tell my belly that the bananas and potatoes I eat were supposed to prevent it from shrinking. Oops. I guess it missed the memo.
  • jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Options
    Seriously, I've learned that while nobody agrees on much (kinda like the non-digital world) most people will at least write some words of encouragement... Even if I don't learn much else, that's nice to see.

There are a lot of odd threads, true, but sometimes you stumble on a good one where one person is on the verge of giving up and a lot of other members jump in to encourage them.
  • Aimelish70
    Aimelish70 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Ha ha I learned that I like trolling through these blogs and reading all the hilarious responses! Amberjewel... you crack me up! pshhh
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    batman most definitely is a super hero

Sir. No. He is a hero. By no means is he super.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Lose = the loss of something. example "I need to lose weight"

Loose = not tight. example. nevermind :noway:
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Everyone here, especially the women, are of the highest and utmost moral character and have not, and do not, condone cheating. No brainer really.....
  • rickdz
    rickdz Posts: 15
    Options
    You burn over 3000 calories in 6 hrs of shopping, because you are not only walking the whole entire time, you are also carrying packages

If you are a man you MUST eat 1800 calories per day (1200 for women) or you will plateau.

If you post something that's written by somebody else, it's perfectly fine to claim that you wrote it yourself.

If you post something, it's got to be important to everyone, so make sure you bump your own threads at least once a day.

You can pretty much take these to the bank because I saw them in a post from someone who's very good friends works with a doctor

ಠ_ಠ
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Everyone here, especially the women, are of the highest and utmost moral character and have not, and do not, condone cheating. No brainer really.....

And once you cheat you will always be a cheater. I learned that today, too.
  • carlie_carl
    Options
    Ive learnt that If you look like Bradley Cooper anything you say is hillariously funny
    .... and in my case, if you dont look like Bradley Cooper, your just simply annoying and there.
    ..... but in all fairness, Bradley Cooper is hot, Im strait, but he is deffinitly hot
    and funny...so if you have his looks, ill deffo find you funny...because the cooper is awesome
    I may have an Obsession with Bradley Cooper....oh dear
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Ha ha I learned that I like trolling through these blogs and reading all the hilarious responses! Amberjewel... you crack me up! pshhh

:flowerforyou:
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options

And once you cheat you will always be a cheater. I learned that today, too.

A+
This discussion has been closed.