Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

JUNE STARTERS

kandyjo
kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok, this group came about from one of my posts.... It seemed that a lot of us are in the same spot (I'm in the middle of my second week) so we thought how fabulous to start a group for all of us on the "same page" so to speak.
So, for now, I am identifying us as JUNE STARTERS becuase we haven't came up with a name yet :happy:

Ok, in this post....
People in this group need to have started their new journey to weight loss and/or a fitter person in June....recommittments count...that is where I am right now.... I'm a recommitter and I started two weeks ago... So, if you fit this description, welcome! :happy:
We want to start by you posting your starting weight, current weight (ew, I know) weight goal and any mini goals that you may have. If you want to share a little about yourself that is fine too.
We want to really good a good idea of who our group members are, so be sure to reply to this post!!!
Ok....

Replies

• kandyjo
    Ok, I'm Kandy and here's my stats so far

Start weight: 230
    Current weight: 228
    Weight Goal: 140
    Mini Goal: be under 200 lbs by first week in August.

I'm a mom of two, wife to one :laugh: :laugh: And I'm from Texas....

Ok, next....:happy:
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    OK I just started a little over two weeks ago!
    Starting lbs 222
    Current lbs 211
    first goal 202 by July 2nd (vacation!)
    Second Goal 190 by August 16 (Birthday)
    Final Goal 155

I live in Canada just outside of Toronto with my bf of almost 2 years, we plan on getting married inthe next year or two and I don't want to be a fat bride!! PLus when I have kids I want to be able to chase them all over :-)
  • My name is Leigh

Start weight: 222
    Current weight: find out tomorrow
    Weight Goal: 165
    Mini Goal: weight 180 or less by October 1st
  • kandyjo
    AWESOMENESS!!!

Welcome to our "club" Daisy May!!!:flowerforyou:
  • dlhenry511
    dlhenry511 Posts: 57 Member
    I technically started earlier this year, but have been so busy trying to concieve baby#2 I have not been following. But I am back and I would love to join the June starters.
    :happy:

SW: 174
    CW: 172
    GW: 120
  • kandyjo
    Welcome leighoconnel!!!!
  • kandyjo
    Awesome, Dlhenry511!!! Welcome!!!
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    I'm Laura ..

Start weight: 181
    Current weight: 179
    Weight Goal: 150
    Mini Goal: under 170 by Aug 13

I'm a grad student (M.Sc.) living in Ottawa, originally from New Brunswick

next! :happy:
  • Daisy_May
    I went to college in Ottawa and visit NB every summer! That's where I'm going in July
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    I went to college in Ottawa and visit NB every summer! That's where I'm going in July

Wow, what a small world! What part of NB do you visit? I'm from just outside Fredericton.
  • Daisy_May
    St. Andrews, my favorite place in the world :heart:
  • dlhenry511
    Fun to see and read about people starting the journey. Lets all keep it up. :bigsmile:
  • starting weight: 286
    just started today =]
    my goal is to be 160 lbs but i'm taking it slow so i can keep it off
    my mini goal hmmm lose 6 lbs by july 19th (my bf's birthday)..

I'm 21 currently living in richmond, virginia w my boyfriend of 3 1/2 years... we have 2 dogs (labs) and 2 cats who are our kids for now. I look forward to talking with all of you and if any of you need any help or anything please feel free to contact me and i'll do what i can. :flowerforyou:
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    I'm Stacey & here are my stats:

Start weight: 183
    Current weight: 176
    Weight goal: 150
    Mini goal: 160 by August 18

Wife, mother of 3 girls (16, 13, & 7), work full time (desk job), go to school part time. I'm from Missouri--the Bootheel to be exact (southern part-ha ha) :laugh:
  • firepixie
    firepixie Posts: 65
    Hi Everyone,

I have been half a$$ed trying to lose 20lbs for the last year, literally. I just found this sight on monday so...

Starting 150lbs
    Goal 128lbs

I would like to be in the 130s by end of july and run 10k with out stopping by the end of june.
    Also, I am wearing size 10 jeans right now. I have 1 pair and they are ratty and torn at the knees. I would like to fit easily into an 8 with in a month. Realistic??? We will see.

I have a soon to be 3 year old son, stay at home mom, and vegan.

Greetings to all other June Starters!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Hi there... My name is Liz and I've lived in the phoenix-metro area my entire life. Been on the journey to lose weight since November, I did well until January and then fell apart. Now I'm back at it with a vengance! :laugh:

Start weight: 219 (Nov 08)
    Start weight: 214 (June 09)
    Current weight: 210
    Goal: 135ish (I say ish because I might be okay with 140 or not happy until 130, we'll see when I get there)

Mini-goal: Getting under 200 by Aug 1st. Haven't been under 200 in over 5 years!
  • bmjeffri
    bmjeffri Posts: 6 Member
    My name is Brittany and I started two weeks ago.

Start weight: 246
    Current weight: 235
    Weight Goal: 180
    Mini Goals: 210 by July 15 ( no beef and pork for me.....hopefully)
    190 by Aug 15
    180 by Sept 1 (Cruise Body.....Here I Go!!!...WOOHOO)

I have been married a year and found myself getting a little too comfortable...I am hoping my husband will follow track with me to better health....
  • dlhenry511
    Welcome! I notice you quit smoking too. May I ask how you did it?
  • jubear113
    jubear113 Posts: 3
    Hey, I'm Julie. Technically I started for New Years (haha) but I'm recommitting now.

Starting: 207
    Current: 181
    Goal: 130
    Mini Goal: size 12 by the end of the summer. (currently between a 16 and 14) and to run 3 mi in 1/2 hour.

I'm single and work for a church in a college town...not much else to say!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Welcome! I notice you quit smoking too. May I ask how you did it?

Me? I quit using the nicotine patch. I'm actually using the generic brand because I had bad skin reactions to the NicoDerm CQ brand (and it made my arm feel REALLY weird). Only two weeks left and I'm off the patch. woo hoo! :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.