GIrl, please; are bikini pics really the best display of a "

Options

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed if you click on the OPs pic shes showing some clevage lol
    how scandalous
  • Kap10
    Kap10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm never going to display my body in a bikini and thats final - you'll be pleased to know.
  • donniesaurous
    donniesaurous Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    lol loved your bikini comment! brightened up my long day!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Just ordered my new swim suit! Working on my modesty issue I must have since I previously wore a bikini. How slutty of me.

1001-bathing-suit-female.jpg

Now let your imagination run WILD fellas

Um, your knees are showing! You cannot wear that!
    Oh no!! But I tried so hard :( Ill just have to hide inside my home in shame :(
    A woman's body is such a terrible thing

I'm very, very disappointed in you, as would your boyfriend.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I think this forum needs more burqa pics personally. I mean what can a bikini shot show about improving body composition that a burqa can't?

I am going to start a petition!

I wonder if this forum was full of Scandinavian posters if a thread like this would even exist...
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    And what do you think should be done with these "*kitten*"? These brazen women daring to dress as they choose, almost like it were a free society or something...

Is public shaming enough or should we start stoning them?

Um, I'm pretty sure we should form a Beauty & the Beast-scene mob with all the MFP villagers and go stone the slutty wenches! And bring the magic mirror so they can see their whorish selves while they're being stoned.
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Just ordered my new swim suit! Working on my modesty issue I must have since I previously wore a bikini. How slutty of me.

1001-bathing-suit-female.jpg

Now let your imagination run WILD fellas

Hahaha!!!! Great! Now you won't look like a *kitten*!
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    these people, saying fatties should cover up until perfect. (not my terminology!)

are you the same people who stare at anyone not perfect in the gym?

the same ones who turn down the fatter candidate at a job interview?

YOU are the people who should be ashamed of being defective. Your mind is defective, not much you can do to fix that.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    ..PS....YOUR HUSBAND APPRECIATES THEIR HARD WORK AS WELL. JUST THOUGHT YOU SHOULD KNOW HES NOT JUST LOOKING AT YOU.

EXACTLY! Hey OP, your hubby looks.. I promise you that. We all LOOK. He may say how gross that girl with the banging body is while strutting her stuff in that hot pink bikini, but later that night he is totally using a mental snapshot.

Just saying. You are reaping the rewards of HER hard work.

Muah

"It ain't easy being this b*tchy"

Exactly!! LOL :)
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    If we're fat, we should be ashamed to flaunt the fat. If we're ridiculously boney skinny the same thing. Its disgusting and its disgusting because of what it equates to... bad health and bad diet and lifestyle or a combination. Wearing a bikini is a privilege for those in great condition.

A second unrelated point is that not every body suits everything, likewise a bikini... there are different bits of clothing and swimwear for every frame and they should be worn accordingly/appropriately. No-one likes looking at a fat person showing every last inch of her cellulite off to "show how confident she is" It's all fake confidence because why would they be on a dieting site if they were proud of that body aesthetically, health wise or for both reasons?

Bikinis are a glamour piece of clothing and should not be work by underweight or overweight people to glamourise both extremes of health. Wear something that suits you.

Society's expectations didn't come out of nowhere... they came from knowing what healthy looks like and that's not an underweight or overweight person... both bad health!
    ^offensive. And I dont even wear bikinis. You're blaming society's expectations, when really it's just your own. If you dont want to see an overweight/underweight chick in a bikini, look the other way. They have every right to wear whatever they want to wear.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Here you go, OP. I think you need this. :flowerforyou:

sosmash-wordpress-11.jpeg
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I think body confidence is hugely under-rated.

However; is it really confidence that leads a woman to feel she needs to display her nearly naked body for comment?

Personally (and yes, this is my OPINION) I prefer to keep some parts of my body a secret for only my husband to unwrap. I don't wear a bikini. I don't wear a sports bra without a shirt over it. I don't wear "ta-da!" shorts. Or any number of the myriad of revealing clothes that I've been told I should aspire to wear. I don't let my daughter wear them either.

Thoughts....

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Wearing super short shorts and a really revealing top is just disgusting in my personal opinion, UNLESS they're your workout clothes (and even then, there's a fine line between what's acceptable and what makes someone look like a *kitten*).

OK I'm frightened...I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...cause I can TOTALLY see your cleavage in your top (workout top? not a clue)
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    The one good thing about seeing post like these is that it helps me to obviously know who I would or in this case wouldn't send a friend request too. I'm well past the age where someone (parents) have to purchase clothes for me, so I wear what I want to wear and don't care what someone else thinks.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    So whilst you're having a go at me... I wasn't just fat "bashing", I was also underweight "bashing".

I'm not stopping anyone wearing a bikini and I'm entitled to my own opinion... You all just want to hear one thing...why bother posting asking for thoughts if you don't want to know genuine thoughts?

I was overweight, I was appalled by it and I certainly didn't deserve to wear a bikini because of the way I had abused my body through lack of exercise, binge drinking and over eating rubbish. I turned this round and am now closer to a position wear I deserve to wear one.

Don't "bash" the person who's being honest and don't try to make others with my opinion feel unwelcome to post and silenced. We have an opinion and we have our reasons for having that opinion just as you do. It is after all, JUST an opinion. I'm not going round forcing people to cover up or anything and well, if those with far from suitable bodies for a bikini choose to wear one, more power to you, but don't expect me to like it. Why not have a bit of self respect and dignity and choose a nice one piece suit that flatters your figure?!

Just as we have the right to tell you our opinion of your opinion is that it is f**king stupid but hey its JUST an opinion right:flowerforyou:
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I think you need this one too.

I-Need-to-Love-Myself-494x650.jpg
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    I'm not going to read through the pages and pages of posts, but I'm betting most of them are telling the OP to mind her own business. I mean really! Judgmental and preachy are so negative. Honey, I'm 54 years old, and I'm seriously thinking about posting a bikini pic of my own! I have nothing to be ashamed of and I'm not jealous of others. Pffffft. Don't like judgmental and preachy. :grumble: And btw, OMG, I think I see CLEAVAGE on your profile pic! Better get that covered up stat, might drive the guys to do naughty things!!!
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Honestly, who really cares? No one is forcing you to look at anything. I am not comfortable in a bikini and would not post pics of myself in one on the internet, but I don't see the point in judging people that would. I am a modest person, but that doesn't mean that everyone has to be like me. I am so tired of people bashing other people's bodies. What makes you the ultimate authority on what is appropriate or attractive? So, who gets to choose who is bikini-worthy? The OP I suppose...
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Why not have a bit of self respect and dignity and choose a nice one piece suit that flatters your figure?!

I have found many two pieces that flatter my figure. Why dont you choose a nice muzzle that flatters your attitude?!
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    This entire thread is making me want to work my *kitten* off so that I can get to that bikini body like tomorrow! Okay, maybe not tomorrow, but sooner than expected.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks and loose skin (sort of comes with the territory when you carry around an extra 120+ pounds for several years and then get rid of it) and I am VERY self-conscious about those things, in part because my husband has a similar view as the OP - if it doesn't look gorgeous, cover it up.
    I love my hubby and typically don't show off my ugly loose skin, but misskortney inspired me yesterday to take bikini pictures and post them on here and even though it was mortifying in that I know I don't look that good without clothes, I am glad I did it because I got several comments from women who have a long way to go in their weight loss journeys and want to know, realistically, what they can expect when they're done.