Not accepting new friends. Need to... vent? Im not angry.

Options

Replies

• hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I do that. Shoot me. I was getting 3-7 requests a day. I don't want to reject, but I found it harder to keep up. Esp with the people who were supportive in the beginning.

I started to reach 400 pals and had to make some changes.
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm always on the lookout for new friends. I regularly delete those who are not being healthy, not logging in, etc.

Same here.
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for supportive friends too and like my friend above, because I believe in being one. I am a mother of 5 and in my 40's. and like my friend above, If you think we could be friends by all means add me and if not well I understand I may not be a good fit for you.
  • madameduffay
    madameduffay Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm more of the "more the merrier' type as well. But, maybe this person finds it too hard to respond to everyone but feels they should?

I don't know, just trying to be devil's advocate.

Although when I'm venting, I hate when people are devil's advocate with me.

Forget what I said above. That jerk!

Feel free to add me as a friend : )
  • You can never have enough friends,, so hit me friend me .. I don't bite,,,well most of the time anyways.. :smokin:
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    MFP is just like life ... lots of different kinds of people with different personalities good, bad and other .... I hope you find some supportive friends who can be what you need to keep you going.. feel free to add me if you would like.
  • piezoeyjune
    piezoeyjune Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Wow... you guys are awesome!

Thanks for all the support everyone!
  • Gabriall
    Gabriall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I understand... feel free to add me, I mostly just read make irreverant comments and babble innanely about stuff :)
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of really great and supportive people on here. Just ignore those who don't want to be friends. Just think, they are missing out on getting to know someone as special as you.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I enjoy new friends, because it keep green in my mind what it was like to begin this painful, long, hard journey.
    I never want to forget.
    Further, it's great to be able to help and support others.

It's a mutually beneficial relationship.
    I WELCOME ALL!

Come on in - the water's just fine.
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    :heart: One can never have too many Friends, and I would NEVER post a statement that I am Not Accepting New Friends.
    :ohwell: On the other hand, I do worry that with Hundreds of Friends I cannot encourage and support each of them the way they deserve, and expect.
    :laugh: And I feel GUILTY if I "Delete" a Friend, even if they have been Inactive for months and have not responded to Messages that I send.

I totally agree with this ...
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for friends for support and encouragement. I like to think I return the support, but maybe not as much as I should. Good luck and add me if you want.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Who puts that on their profile? And how rude and egotistical is that? Go ahead and add me :)
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request, you moany ol' martyr! (i mean that affectionately). I haven't noticed if anybody has rejected my advances yet. Perhaps they have. Maybe you'll be the first to reject me. ;-p
  • Elizadolots
    Options
    I really get the limitation that some people do, they simply want to be really supportive to their circle of friends. Sucks a bit that you can't subscribe to the feed, I don't really get that one. But best of luck to you, I find on here there is always some level of support! Even for a nutter like me! Keep going!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Agreed. There are always going to be cliques. Especially on the internet. Keep your head up. Anyone who doesnt want to take the time to meet and help new people isnt ready to help themselves! Good Luck! & Feel free to add me.

PS. Watch what you say on here... the evil clique trolls will eat this post right up (:

"Anyone who doesnt want to take the time to meet and help new people isnt ready to help themselves!"

Excuse me? Some people get a lot of friend requests and so they feel they have to limit who they accept. Some people may prefer to have only a few friends on MFP, so they feel closer to them. Whatever the reason, not wanting to accept a strangers "friend" invite has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with a persons interest in their own health.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Consider it a courtesy to you - by saying they're not accepting any new friends, they're essentially saying, "I admit that I would not be able to act as a support or motivator for you." There was a study recently that said most people can't keep track of more than like 100 'friends' .. it was a low number, that I do remember.. the point is, why would you even want to add someone if you knew they wouldn't offer you enough support?

There are something like two million members on MFP (maybe it's 200,000... I'm really terrible with numbers). Start posting in the forums frequently, sharing your ideas and views, and the friends will come to you. And they will be people that think and feel similarly to you, and will want to be active in your Steve Perry.
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Somebody put "i'm not accepting any more friends" on their profile?!?!!? oh wow. How gloriously pompous. You don't want to be friends with them!!! It reminds me of a girl at my school who used to draw up a timetable of who got to sit next to her. I was slotted in (just) for RE. (one class a week).
  • susankaye123
    Options
    This is so crazy, is it just me or what. Get a grip on reality...This is not a find a friend site, wow
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    The great majority of you on this thread are newish and therefore welcome the concept of scads of new friends. It's a lovely concept...it is. BUT if you are serious about keeping up with said friends and being a true support system for each and every one of them, you'll find that this will take up a lot of your time.

Supporting say, 50-some friends vs. supporting upwards of 200 is like comparing apples to oranges. Or apples to cupcakes. Choose the analogy that you prefer.

Some of us want to be able to fully support our current friends and feel we don't have room for more. Nuttin' wrong with that.