JUNE STARTERS

Options

Replies

• ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I was pumped this morning to note I was down to 154, a one-pound loss. Alas, when I looked on my reports, I realized I was 154 the last two weeks, albeit not on Mondays. I just logged it when I thought I had lost something, I guess. But I've wobbled from155 up to 156 all week which is why I thought 154 was a new low. Was all psyched to say I'd lost a pound this week, but I do feel skinny, my clothes are beginning to really fall off, and several, not one but several, people have commented that I look skinny. So I'll take that and try for 153 this week.
    I' m doing the same thing and I'm bouncing between 154 and 153. I have never taken measurements while I was dieting but I've actually recorded my measurements twice now on MFP and even though I haven't lost anymore weight I had actually lost inches. That's encouraging.
  • jjohnson0882
    Options
    Monday weigh in. Still at the same weight of 117, but I can tell I'm getting leaner. My clothes are fitting me much better, and I don't have to suck in as much to hide my gut. :laugh:

Kept mostly within my calories last week, but the foods I was eating were not the healthiest. Going to try to do healthy dinners this week and hopefully be down a pound for next week.
  • Meags23
    Meags23 Posts: 98
    Options
    Hi everyone, the weigh in for this Monday is under "weigh in, June 29". If you write your weigh in there, I'll be able to track them better for the chart then having to check all of the messages. Thanks!! And congrats on the great weigh ins!! :happy:
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Options
    I've only been going since wed, but I'll do the weigh in as well.
    I started out at 209, and am at 200!
    9 lbs lost! :bigsmile:

Mu next goal is to be 198.

Great job!! Keep up the good work! :drinker:
  • Exorcize
    Exorcize Posts: 5
    Options
    Monday weigh in. Start 215. I just started on saturday, am now 213. Two down 63 to go. I'm just learning my way around this site and want to say you all give me incentive.
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Monday weigh in. Start 215. I just started on saturday, am now 213. Two down 63 to go. I'm just learning my way around this site and want to say you all give me incentive.
    :wink: Hey Melody ... it's so great to see you on this site ... way to go ... congrats on the loss. But you reported on the wrong thread ... go to the following link and do your Monday weigh in there so it will be recorded onto the web site. It makes it a lot easier for Meags23 to keep track. She's the wonderful person doing our spreadsheet for our June Starters.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/58378-june-starters-monday-weigh-in-june-29th
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Congats all to the weight losses and taking steps towards your goals whether it is weight loss or toning or maintaining. You are all an inspiration.

Best wishes for a great week!

Tammy
  • shereen647
    Options
    So I just started this last week but Im happy for the pound I lost. It's a step in the right direction. Congradulations to all the weight losses.
  • yentasdoitbetter
    yentasdoitbetter Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    YAY i was looking for a group to join! COUNT ME IN!

i just started today....my frig is packed with nothing but good, healthy food. i'm stocked up on Alli (the fat blocker pills), and i just bought an exercise bike and the Gold's Home Gym that goes on the back of a door. IM READY BABY!

starting weight - 209lbs
    current weight - same since i started today
    weight goal - 160 (for now)
    mini goal - 195lbs by august 30th :happy:

DAMN NEVERMIND! i just saw this post started back on the 18th...well anyone who wants to start soon, please let me know!
  • mrsprazak05
    mrsprazak05 Posts: 109
    Options
    It's still June, isn't it?? :wink: Does this mean I can still join?? I started actually 12 weeks ago...with HUGE ambition...and started dropping pounds quickly! Then it started to lag off...and my old habits started creeping in...and I started to get lazy! I"m ready to recommit!!

Starting weight (April 2009) 223
    Starting weight today: 202
    Weight goal: 130 by January 1st
    mini goal: to be under 200 in one week
    Next mini goal: 170 by August 7th
  • mrsprazak05
    Options
    Also...does anyone know of any sort of Biggest Loser's competition happening here?? I'd love to join something like that...something that has recently started...:happy:
  • ColinQ
    ColinQ Posts: 76
    Options
    Okay time for a guy to pipe up
    I started 29th June 2009
    Start weight 252
    Current weight 252 (I've only just started:bigsmile: )
    Target 210 by september

Goal to look not to bad on the beach in September:bigsmile: :laugh: :glasses:
  • mrsprazak05
    Options
    Welcome ColinQ...I'm new here too...hopefully this site will give me the motivation I need!!! Good luck with your goals!!:happy:
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    :wink: There is another guy here somewhere!

Welcome to June starters! and I have the same goal lol!:laugh:
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group yentasdoitbetter, ColinQ, and Mrsprazak05!!!

I just joined last week myself and have already found lots of inspiration here and a really supportive group.

Good luck with your goals and take care!

Tammy
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am joining thanks to some great encouragement. I am starting over, and it is very hard to start again. Right now I am at 177 and I would love to lose 5lbs a month. I need the support and to remain focused. The past 6 months have been very hard and now I feel it is time to move on. :smile:
  • emom21
    emom21 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm really fitting this in under the wire!

Starting weight: 170
    Weight goal: 155
    Mini Goal: To feel really great in my clothes when we go on vacation at the end of August! :glasses:

I'm a SAHM to a very, very active 2 year old, which means I fit plenty of movement into my day, but that I also often eat her leftovers, grab unhealthy snacks, or pig out when I finally get to sit down at night. I also have fibromyalgia, so the thought of any exercise after a full day makes me cringe. I do have a stationary bike and I enjoy that, and I "found" my yoga video last night and that felt pretty good! It's just a matter of sticking to it.

I look forward to helping each other make this happen! I've heard from so many other fibro people that every "extra" pound lost is truly a load off, and I'm sure that's true for everyone! :laugh:
  • Meags23
    Options
    Also...does anyone know of any sort of Biggest Loser's competition happening here?? I'd love to join something like that...something that has recently started...:happy:

We're not really having a competition, but we're all weighing in and there's a chart to keep track. It's more of a way to be accountable but not necessarily trying to beat each other. If you wanna join just weigh in on the message "JUNE STARTERS -- June 29 weigh in"
  • Meags23
    Options

We're not really having a competition, but we're all weighing in and there's a chart to keep track. It's more of a way to be accountable but not necessarily trying to beat each other. If you wanna join just weigh in on the message "JUNE STARTERS -- June 29 weigh in"

Oh, haha, never mind, you did weigh in! :blushing:
  • natswin
    natswin Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi there,

I joined here last week and started on the 29th June....but I didn't see this until today when I jumped on here.

Am I still able to join in?

Cheers
    Natalie :)