Food Diary ... less is NOT more.

Options

Replies

• Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Geez, I'm so tired of all these rants about what other people are doing and not doing. Unless you have a degree in nutrition and exercise, I'm not trying to hear what you have to say. Let people eat and exercise how they want to. How does it hurt you, if someone else isn't eating enough/working out enough IF you are? Worry about yourself and your weight loss and Lead by your ACTIONS NOT YOUR RANTS.
    Thank you!

Quoted for emphasis! OP how's the weather up there on that high horse?

You come off as extremely condescending and rude.
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Regardless of metabolism, eating multiple meals (4 or more) a day keeps me from getting crazy hungry and making bad choices. My brother, on the other hand, maintains his healthy weight by eating one meal a day and having one snack a day. We are not all the same, and we all have to find what works in our lives. What REALLY works.

I do get a little frustrated at the posts of , "I am doing everything exactly right and it isn't working". I hate to contradict the obvious.....

:smile:
  • kpriddyrn
    kpriddyrn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well said.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Im glad you have found what works for you.....I wil refrain from what I would normally have said...Im trying to be a more polite person and focus on my on goals...good luck
  • midnightryder
    Options
    I can totally concur with everything you are saying, and I feel that I too am making healthier choices without sacrificing taste or being left feeling hungry. It amazes me everyday the crap I see people putting into their bodies with no remorse for what they are doing. It further amazes me when these same people whine and cry about how they feel bad or have certain health issues. In part, I feel our society is to blame. I am not by any means giving a pass. Just because there is a Krispy Kreme and a McDonald's on every corner doesn't mean you have to stop and feed your inner glutton. Sadly, however, some people will never change and in the end it is and has always been "survival of the fittest". I think Mother Earth rejoices in this fact as she is working ever so hard to support the 6 billion or so people that inhabit her surface. Six billion is triple what she should be able to maintain. So in essence, the gluttonous behavior of the majority of our population is Mother Earth's diet plan to shed a few people.
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Geez, I'm so tired of all these rants about what other people are doing and not doing. Unless you have a degree in nutrition and exercise, I'm not trying to hear what you have to say. Let people eat and exercise how they want to. How does it hurt you, if someone else isn't eating enough/working out enough IF you are? Worry about yourself and your weight loss and Lead by your ACTIONS NOT YOUR RANTS.
    Thank you!
    this
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

Oh please ... WHATEVER.

^Worst attitude...ever. :indifferent:
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

This!!
  • ParisArkw
    ParisArkw Posts: 186
    Options
    People that are serious about weight loss will find what's right for them. Until they ask me for advice, I'm not gonna worry about it.
  • Oneday150
    Oneday150 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

^^^^^^ I Agree !!!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I am amazed at the public food diaries I see. I don't understand how my MFP peeps expect to lose weight cramming all their calories in one, maybe two meals.

I'm not so sure it really matters when you eat your calories. There are some days I eat half of mine in one meal, but hasn't hindered me in the slightest. The body doesn't care if you eat three meals, two or seven.

I think it is better for your metabolism, to eat regularly. I have 3 meals, plus 2/3 snacks at regular intervals.

You know that's a myth, right? Having more frequent meals/snacks does **** all for your metabolism.

Why do people still believe this? Seriously.
  • BlackRangerX
    BlackRangerX Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It's not healthy to eat all of your calories in one sitting. You will have an extremely high fat percentage, and your metabolism will pretty much be shot. BUT, you can still lose weight by doing it. Some people are not here to get healthier, lower body fat %, etc. They are simply here to lose weight.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    While I agree that multiple meals is a great way to go - Sadly, if you eat all your calories in one meal, or all your calories through out the day - Your body doesn't actually care. Its all a numbers game, really.

While I agree that processed foods are crappy for you - If they are within numbers and macros, they will likely lose weight.

I, however, eat 1200 calories and gain weight. I eat 2400 and maintain....-=Sigh=- I HAVE to weight train to see any impact what-so-ever.
  • ChubbyCrystol
    Options
    I am not quite as passionate about other people as you. It does seem silly that I have friends that refuse to prepare vegetables even for their children. I have friends that say they don't know how to cook. I think they don't consider that they are responsible for their children's nutrition. Kids can't live off of fruity pebbles and cheetoes :flowerforyou:
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Some people generally don't have time to exercise: night workers for example, say they work 8pm-8am, they come home and go straight to sleep, get up, have a bath and food then off they go again. It's wrong to make assumptions that people are basically being lazy and making excuses for not eating healthily and not exercising.
    Some days i eat 2 meals a day others i eat 3 and have 3 snacks, it's all about what works for the person. I've managed to lose weight doing so therefore i'm not going to change my ways :)
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    The best diet is one you can adhere to for the long term, wether you eat once a day, or 10 times a day. The most important thing is being able get your body into a moderate calorie deficit, while getting the proper macros and micros.
  • swenard
    swenard Posts: 101
    Options
    I sometimes eat 6 meals a day but haven't bothered changing my diary to reflect that. It is still recorded at Breakfast, lunch and dinner. I just record them in the the three sections. Perhaps, many others are doing the same...
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I've tried the many small meals thing and I hated it. I never felt satisfied. I eat light during the day and eat/drink whatever I want and just enjoy myself in the evenings and it's been working great for me.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    What works for one person doesn't necessary work for the next...

This chika has to eat often throughout the day to keep myself on a constant fuel - it would be nice if I wasn't constantly hungry, believe me when I say I don't eat that light either...

All I can do is suggest to anyone who is not having success doing it one way to try the other... but what everyone else does not affect me.
  • hippofabulous
    hippofabulous Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

My thoughts exactly.

My diary is public in hopes of constructive feedback not judgemental rants.