The halfers club...for those needing to lose half or more of

Replies

• talrcat
    talrcat Posts: 97 Member
    My last weigh in at the nutritionist was 284 on June 26, today I weighed in at 275!!! I started at 312 in March.

YEAH, ME!!!

YEAH, ALL OF US!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Shelley130
    Shelley130 Posts: 142
    Hello! I just joined a few days ago needing to lose 118 pounds. I agree with some of the earlier post that some people just needing to lose 10-15 just don't get it. When we sit down to an Italian feast and they tell me eat what you want we will just walk around the mall after... they just don't get it. I need to walk around my state not the mall. Uggh, skinny friends, gotta love em.
    Thanks for understanding.:smile:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    ♦Thanks Amanda,

♦talrcat great job!! I say Yay you!!!!!!!!!!

♦weeksgang, welcome
  • Happy birthday Amanda, you will work it off just fine, don't worry. We all "cheat" for special occaisions and ya know what, if you don't you will only sabotage yourself later.:wink:
    Okay so a week of PMSing is never good for the waistline.... but hey staying the same is still better than gaining back right?:ohwell:

Everyone keep up the great work!:happy:

SW:320
    LW:268
    CW:268
    GW:160
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member

You have come to the right place for LOTS of support, encouragement, and advice. I have tried for most of my life to lose weight, but I just kept getting bigger and bigger. Then I came here and I have learned so much from others here and from the food tracker that I can't begin to tell you all of it.I believe that the food and exercise tracking is so important that I bought a Laptop last week so that I have internet access at all times.

We are glad you are here.
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Hi everybody my name is Andrea, I recognize some of you in here HELLO! I have been trying to join some groups and also have been trying to make some friends on here to help guide me through this process, what have you been doing in this group so far?

A little about me, I am 23 residing in San Jose CA
    currently weigh 238
    my first goal is to get to 200
    my second goal is to get to 160

please wish me luck, this isn't easy!! hehe.
  • Momma2four
    Hi everybody my name is Andrea, I recognize some of you in here HELLO! I have been trying to join some groups and also have been trying to make some friends on here to help guide me through this process, what have you been doing in this group so far?

currently weigh 238

Hey Andrea, glad to see you here too. Good Luck, you can do this girl!!!! Just drove by San Jose on Monday. I was actually born there!
  • andreasoulcastle

currently weigh 238

Hey Andrea, glad to see you here too. Good Luck, you can do this girl!!!! Just drove by San Jose on Monday. I was actually born there!

Really?!! Oh so cool you're in the area! There are people from all over on here it's insane
  • Momma2four

currently weigh 238

Really?!! Oh so cool you're in the area! There are people from all over on here it's insane

I am not actually in the area any more, we were headed to Santa Cruz. I now live a couple of hours away.
  • talrcat
    Earlier this week my boss (obese woman like me, about the same weight) says to me, "Tami, you're losing weight". I simply replied, "A little", and left it at that...

Today, she is running late, calls me on her cell to tell me, then asks me if I want a Mochachino. I replied, "no thanks, I have had coffee already". She says, "are you sure, it's my treat". Again, I politely declined.

She gets in about 15 minutes later, and brings me a pistachio muffin.... Here, I got this for you because I know how much you love pistachio muffins....

I bit my tongue, said thank-you, thought about eating it for 2 seconds, then put it in a ziplock bag. I plan to give it to a co-worker on monday.

I am diabetic, and trying to lose weight, but did not deny myself the muffin based on those two things. I decided not to eat it because it is 570 calories, 32 grams of fat, and 63 grams of carbs (I had one about a month ago, then looked it up-YIKES)

Anyway, I just needed to vent a little.

I don't need a saboteur-the past has shown me I am all to good at doing that myself... Maybe, just maybe, there is a lesson in this....
    What do you think?
  • Great job talrcat resisting temptation. I have a similar and even more frustrating story. My mom went to buy fruit today and somehow came home (with fruit and) pretzel crisps, tostado's chips. Which she proceeded to make into nachos while I munched on my grape dessert.

Oy. :noway:

There will always be those people in our lives that either don't understand our need to lose weight or are not at that point in their life where they are ready to put in the work to do it themselves. Mom didn't offer any of her nachos to me but at the same time, she is heavier than I am and has Type 2 Diabetes, high cholesterol, etc.

I'm glad you were polite and accepted it but still didn't eat it! :flowerforyou: Its up to us after all, not our co-workers or even my Mom. Congrats on not falling into the trap of, "well I don't want to be rude..." (while still managing not to be rude!)
  • Hi T-cat,
    it's really a shame when folks don't realize or conscioulsy realize how they are huring others by well intentioned 'kindness'. Good for you for not giveing in to temptation. I might be watchful of your boss now - once she heard about your loss she offered two tempting things -maybe she is feeling bad about her weight and we all know misery loves company.
    most important though was you saying yes to you and no to the food! WAY TO GO!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

a whole new month is here - time for more success!! I just realized from a previous posting you are down 37 pounds - YAHOO and GOOD FOR YOU! :happy: :happy:

Have a great day!
    H
  • Momma2four
    ♥Just wanting to wish everyone a happy Monday, weight loss success here we come:flowerforyou:
  • talrcat
    Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing!
    I have a pretty good handle on my eating habits, but the exercising thing is what I really struggle with... I am losing weight, but I know that my weight loss will be more effective if I exercise regularly.
    What do you do to motivate yourself to exercise?
  • andreasoulcastle
    Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing!
    I have a pretty good handle on my eating habits, but the exercising thing is what I really struggle with... I am losing weight, but I know that my weight loss will be more effective if I exercise regularly.

I'm weird..I am not really motivated..or actually I don't really want to go to the gym..but once I get there, and get going I don't want to stop. Also seeing the hard work pay off, like when I lose another pound I think " Ok, I really CAN do this". Just knowing that doing that activity or making that good eating choice will help you towards your goal is motivation. Maybe reward yourself..like after every certain pounds buy yourself something, or get your hair done, my sister does this and it helps her.
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Hi guys - you may have seen my other post - diagnosed with under active thyroid today so have to start the path to losing weight alongside this illness arghhh
  • Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing!

I'm weird..I am not really motivated..or actually I don't really want to go to the gym..but once I get there, and get going I don't want to stop. Also seeing the hard work pay off, like when I lose another pound I think " Ok, I really CAN do this". Just knowing that doing that activity or making that good eating choice will help you towards your goal is motivation. Maybe reward yourself..like after every certain pounds buy yourself something, or get your hair done, my sister does this and it helps her.

I have no motivation at all. That's why I'm trying to be more involved with MFP. I need others to help motvate me. Maybe I'll try the rewards, non-food rewards.
  • hey Pinksultana - once you get the throid sorted the weight loss might become easier! :happy:

for the motivation posts - no idea how to be motivated for something I don't really like to do -what keeps me getting on the treadmill is the fact that I know it will get easier but most of all I think of it like a drug - if I were diabetic I would not miss my insulin because I would get sick - If I miss my treadmill - which I think of as my artery scrubber - I can get sick too! works most days!
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Hi guys - you may have seen my other post - diagnosed with under active thyroid today so have to start the path to losing weight alongside this illness arghhh

Once they get your meds right, you will have an easier time losing. Hang in there!
  • talrcat
    I really like the idea of thinking of exercise as a "drug" that I need. You're right, I would not miss an insulin shot, as I know it keeps me healthy! I am going to start thinking in these terms!