What do you think of girls that post up half naked pictures

Options

Replies

• manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I'd first be all "wwaahhh??" then I'd probably burn a few calories laughing at it, then I'd report and delete. I would NEVER bring it to the forums. That's just asking for trouble. Man, I'd hate to see how you react checking your emails every day.

As for girls posting half naked pics, do it! Makes my fat behind feel more motivated to actually DO something. If you don't like it, I'll call the waaambulance for you. I'm sure I have their number around here somewhere.
  • rblauvelt7
    rblauvelt7 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I think those pictures are so motivational. And as soon as I get down a few more pounds I will put one as my profile picture... I still haven't taken the two seconds it would require to learn how to post pictures :(
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    If they are comfortable in their skin, more power to them. Me? I've only shared my bod with one man (a photo!!! ) and my face is not in it so if he shares, no one really know it's me... oh, and he showed me his first!!! lol!!!
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I think girls or boys should post their half-naked pictures, if that's what they want to do. Who am I to say they shouldn't?

Personally, I don't find the woman on the first page with the big muscles attractive at all, but that's just me. My best (female) friend was a bodybuilder and I thought her discipline was amazing, and so was her low body fat number! I still admire her for what she accomplished, as I admire anyone who can achieve body.

I don't have to find it appealling or attractive to appreciate what goes into the making of that kind of body.

Me, I prefer softer, rounder curves, firm but not too muscular on a woman, but beauty is all in the eye of the beholder, and I don't judge others for what they find attractive.

That MFP woman who said the muscularity in the woman in the photo was "just plain wrong" was, to me, judgmental. How is that wrong? Is it hurting anyone? Like someone else said, if you don't like it, then don't look at it!
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! You are an inspiration. Thank you for posting your pics....the "reverse-aging" benefit is totally worth working for!
    If your talking to me, Thank You!! Weight training really is the fountain of youth.
  • Katy285
    Katy285 Posts: 18
    Options
    I personally can't wait to gain the confidence to wear a bikini and post pix on MFP lol
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I think its awesome :smile:
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    My personal opinion is; vanity plays a HUGE part in body building. Maybe the only part. One can maintain a healthy weight and keep in shape without building unnecessary muscle. Vanity, vanity, vanity. Like... "you're so vain, I bet you think this song is about you" ... la la la la....

WOW, that is the MOST generalized, RIDICULOUS statement I have EVER read. I find that people who make these statements are not at all knowledgable about the field.

The only qualification I would make about my statement is; it's directed at the body builders who appear in most of the pix posted. The bulging muscles of people with 5% body fat. Nobody "needs" that much muscle. And.. a certain amount of vanity is healthy, but when a person has to display themselves in posing for themselves or others, that's vanity to extreme, which, in my opinion, is not an attractive trait. Below is the first definition of vanity I found by Googling the word.

van·i·ty/ˈvanətē/
    Noun: Excessive pride in or admiration of one's own appearance or achievements.

With that said, notice I didn't resort to name calling in expressing my opinion as in the quote above. And if you are going to accuse someone of not being knowledgeable, at least learn how to spell KNOWLEDGEABLE. LOLOL!!!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I think you have too much cat vanity
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion is; vanity plays a HUGE part in body building. Maybe the only part. One can maintain a healthy weight and keep in shape without building unnecessary muscle. Vanity, vanity, vanity. Like... "you're so vain, I bet you think this song is about you" ... la la la la....

The only qualification I would make about my statement is; it's directed at the body builders who appear in most of the pix posted. The bulging muscles of people with 5% body fat. Nobody "needs" that much muscle. And.. a certain amount of vanity is healthy, but when a person has to display themselves in posing for themselves or others, that's vanity to extreme, which, in my opinion, is not an attractive trait. Below is the first definition of vanity I found by Googling the word.

van·i·ty/ˈvanətē/

With that said, notice I didn't resort to name calling in expressing my opinion as in the quote above. And if you are going to accuse someone of not being knowledgeable, at least learn how to spell KNOWLEDGEABLE. LOLOL!!!

But why not? What if I am suddenly trapped under a large piece of furniture in my apartment?
  • vanishingirl77
    Options
    I love ALL of the pictures people post of themselves, because they're each motivational in their own way.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I think highly of them
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    What does it really matter. If you don't like seeing perfectly natural pics of people in bikini's don't look. It's no big deal. Why are we so worried about objectifying the bodies. We're trying to get healthy, healthy is beautiful. If that is a turn on, well get over it!

Some of us have self control and can deal with our personal desires without having censorship. let's support each other in our efforts to be healthy. When I lose my weight, I am going to post in the smallest string bikini I can find. Don't care if people look or don't, but I will be fine with it, because I worked hard to be able to wear it well.

Have at it ladies and gents.. wear what you like, fat or skinny!!
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    i will have to BUMP, lol
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    But why not? What if I am suddenly trapped under a large piece of furniture in my apartment?

And what if we need to bring a couple cases of beer in the house?!
  • effdawg
    effdawg Posts: 10
    Options
    If you are doing it just for looks then you are wrong. To make yourself feel better about yourself or to push yourself to another level should be the reason. Me I push myself harder then a lot of people, for example here is a daily routine challenge.
    Bike 2 miles
    60 areobic style workout
    Bike 2 miles to work
    Bike 2 miles to pool during lunch
    swim 500 meters
    Bike 2 miles back to work
    Go the longer way home 3.5 miles yep biking
    Get home go run 2.5 miles
    20 minutes of yoga

I am also getting ready for a olympic tri-athlon but that is what I am talking about set goals and push yourself to excel it will make you happy.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Am I the only female here who DON'T want to see the "other half" of the nude guys? That's just creepy to me and my young (yet overly gorgeous) eyes.

Anyway, I don't care if I post a half nude pic of myself here or anywhere and someone saves it as this background. Hell they can build a shrine to my *kitten* for all I care. Over half of the people saying I'M CONFIDENT IN THE WAY I LOOK should probably NOT be THAT confident but hey, they are and that's even better.

Now excuse me while I go dance fully nude in the mirror waiting for the maintenance man to show up to change out the air filter.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

WOW, that is the MOST generalized, RIDICULOUS statement I have EVER read. I find that people who make these statements are not at all knowledgable about the field.

van·i·ty/ˈvanətē/

It is ironically funny how you ridicule a minor fallacy but then employ tu quoque: one shouldn't try to paint a portrait with only one colour brush.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

van·i·ty/ˈvanətē/

ooohhhhh! I mispelled a word, but I didn't call ANYONE any names, but I'm glad you feel all holier than though for being able to spell KNOWLEDGEABLE. :flowerforyou:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

van·i·ty/ˈvanətē/

You have an obsession with cats, and that's not healthy either.

Anyway, with that ridiculous and shallow observation out of the way, I have to say; more power to the people showing off their hard work. Be proud of what you're creating.