Options
    #2 is perfect - I would love to be like her

#1 is normal

3 & 4 are teens

5&6 are way too thin
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    you can "look" healthy and not be healthy, just saying. those healthy range tools and those arguments are kinda garbage. any body builder can tell you that. a BMI tool would tell them they're obese
  • Rip336
    Rip336 Posts: 3
    Options
    I like 2 and 5... 5 has killer obliques... but she still on the super slim side... 2 has a shape thats kinda ideal i think...

besides all that... get to where YOU are happy with yourself... damn what people think is too this or too that... unless its harmful to ya!
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    No 1 is quite plump;. I think its disturbing that people are now finding quite plump people "normal" she really could do with losing some weight even in a medical sense. none of these girls are "two skinny" but they could do with a bit more muscle put on!
    I think the "skinnier" girls are very young anyway and not fully grown. However the last one has a bit of a "skinny fat" look about her.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    My favorite is 5 and I also like 2. 1 is way heavier than I am or would ever be comfortable being. 3 and 4 would be on the too skinny side if they were adults, but they look around 16 and I was that size at 16 and there was really nothing I could do about it. 6 looks too skinny and unattractive.
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    No 1 is quite plump;. I think its disturbing that people are now finding quite plump people "normal" she really could do with losing some weight even in a medical sense. none of these girls are "two skinny" but they could do with a bit more muscle put on!
    I think the "skinnier" girls are very young anyway and not fully grown. However the last one has a bit of a "skinny fat" look about her.

agreed.. she's still beautiful but no necessarily healthy
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options

tumblr_ltc8698BwE1qlptvvo1_250.jpg

This is too skinny
  • Pancake86
    Pancake86 Posts: 94
    Options
    Number 2 is amazing!!!!!
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    1 is a woman who looks to still be overweight, but has what i call "firm fat" and what i wish i currently looked like! lol she is rocking her body. 2 looks great. the rest, not what works for me, but ok, and 6, well, she doesn't look like a healthy body.

I am aiming for 2, maybe with more muscle, plus my fantastic, wont go away, loose tummy skin! (just being realistic) :o)
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    2 is the one I like. 1 is able to afford to lose some more and the rest are too skinny.
  • karmaticgeek
    Options
    2 is a little more attractive than 1 but definitely not achievable for someone like me unless I literally don't eat. Somewhere between 1 and 2 would be ideal. The rest are far too thin!
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    The last one is way too thin. She looks like a cancer victim.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on their age/eating habits. Often prepubescent girls (which some of these pictures appear to be of) will be extremely thin naturally. (Not so much in MY case at that age).
    Picture 1 is what I looked like a couple of years ago before gaining a bit more. It is also what my tummy looks like when I'm carrying a little weight but still working out. She looks about like my goal, mainly because the whole, thighs not meeting thing is near to impossible for me to attain... if I work out enough to lose a ton of weight, my thighs get all muscle-y, if I don't, they are the first to pudge.
    So I think somewhere between 1 and 2 is MY ideal.
    For GROWN WOMEN, 5 and 6 are too thin. Six is probably too thin for a teen as well, WITH a few genetic exceptions.
  • kuunsilta
    kuunsilta Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I think that 'unhealthy' is to 'fat' or too 'skinny'
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    The last one is way too thin. She looks like a cancer victim.

Whoa, that's a little graphic =/
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I think after number 2, they start to look like they could be too skinny. BUT, someone with a natural body type like that isn't necessarily too skinny. It's someone who works really hard and eats very little to look like that that's unhealthy.
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    I think there's a huge stigma on anyone who is trying to lose weight or be more fit. Someone is always going to be there to tell you not to. Seeing someone go from being very heavy to not heavy can be a shock and others may not know how to process it. What's important is that you're eating enough (at least 1200) calories and so long as you aren't pushing your body to be what it's not.

When I tell people I want to lose 150lbs they freak out and tell me all I need to lose is like 30 or 40, either they are trying to be nice, or they're delusional, no one knows your body better than you do. Keep up the good work.
    You bring up a very good point! I too am guilty of this i just realized. My father has always been very overweight for as long as I can remember, and the couple of times he's lost some, I've said omg dad you need to stop, you're getting too thin! He wasn't anywhere near thin, but i am used to him "the way he is". To see him literally shrink in front of my eyes is pretty shocking. So I can see it from both perspectives.

I think anyone who wishes to lose weight, so long as they have the support of people who actually know what they're talking about i.e. doctor/ nutritionist, should go for it. Don't let others put you off or bring you down, or make you question yourself. These are the same people who will be congratulating you when you reach goal weight :love: :flowerforyou:
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    What a much better world this would be if we didn't feel the need to judge others and determine what is right for them.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    What a much better world this would be if we didn't feel the need to judge others and determine what is right for them.

Well said
This discussion has been closed.