The halfers club...for those needing to lose half or more of

Replies

• Okay, so let's talk for a moment about how freakin' bad vacation is for your nutrition routine. How the heck have I let myself get so far off track?!:mad:
    I will be good from here on out and I can do this.:glasses:
  • talrcat
    talrcat Posts: 97 Member
    Mary-you have come so far, there is no doubt you will resume your journey. Looking at your pics, particularly the second and third ones-they really show your weight loss dramatically because they are in the same clothes and same place-it has to give you a thrill, my girl!!! I know it does me, because it makes me hopeful and determined to stay awake and aware moment by moment of my eating... I think vacation is just that. Now your back, and resume your normal life, so will you resume the healthier eating habits you have adopted!!
    Thanks for being an inspiration to us all!
  • I just saw this post and I want to join in. My life-long weight struggle really got tough last fall and now I am at the point where I have no choice but to make permanent changes. I'm a commuting student (which really doesn't help anything!!) and I am on Day 2 of healthier living.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    I just saw this post and I want to join in. My life-long weight struggle really got tough last fall and now I am at the point where I have no choice but to make permanent changes. I'm a commuting student (which really doesn't help anything!!) and I am on Day 2 of healthier living.

Good for you!!
  • I just saw this post and I want to join in. My life-long weight struggle really got tough last fall and now I am at the point where I have no choice but to make permanent changes. I'm a commuting student (which really doesn't help anything!!) and I am on Day 2 of healthier living.

Quick Fast Food Fix!

Obviously we want to avoid fast food, since anything that can go from ordered to delivered in less than 3 minutes can't possibly be healthy, but sometimes that's all we have time/money for. So... here are a few tips for eating healthy at a fast food joint.

1.) Chickfila!!!!! All of their sandwiches are under 500 calories
    2.) FRUIT instead of FRIES - This makes a HUGE difference in the calorie intake of a fast food meal. Most fast food places (chickfila, burger king, wendys even Mcdonalds) give you the option of switching fruit out for fries even in the "adult" meals.
    3.) Diet or NO soda. Regular soda's can contain up to 500 calories in a cup!
    4.) Ask for a nutrition guide. Most places either have a print out or it is posted somewhere in the restaurant.
    5.) Pay attention to dressing nutrition facts. Salads can look really healthy for you, and pack a calorie whallop depending on the dressings/how much.
    6.) If you don't have one already, either get a laptop or write down everything you eat while you're away and make sure to log EVERYTHING.
    7.) Try to plan ahead. Find out what is on your route and plan your meals accordingly.

You can do this! I'm a full time student (not exactly commute, since I live only 30 minutes away), so I understand the pressure of classes and trying to find healthy things to eat when you're pressed for time/money. But with just a few wiser choices and some hard work, you can most definitely do this. :happy: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • talrcat
    Oh, how I miss Chik-fil-a!!!! Hands down my all time favorite fast food.
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Just dropping by with my weigh-in results today

last week 263.9
    this week 261.5

Fast food is hard one, but there are always some ok choices on the menu if you look hard enough. I always travel with healthy snacks now, just in case I don't feel satisfied with a smaller portion of fast food.
  • Weight check in!

Starting weight - 303
    Last Weigh in - 286.8
    Today's weigh in - 284.6

Yay!

For a total loss of 18 pounds! Whoo hoo!!!
  • talrcat
    Way to go, Amanda!!!! Isn't being a "loser' great!??
  • It most definitely is. ^_^ :happy:
  • Hi and welcome! DangerKitty :flowerforyou: love the wig on the dog:bigsmile: very posh!
    this is a great site - you will get lots of support - great ideas for when you are 'stuck' - like the fast food ideas in this thread.
    You can do this - just take it one day at a time and be good to yourself - change can be tough and being a good friend to yourself is important!
    keep track of your foot - drink your water and move! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Best Wishes!!:flowerforyou:
  • Way to go Amanda!! 18 pounds gone and never to return!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Be proud of yourself! :flowerforyou:
    and thanks for the inspiration - I am 11 pounds behind but I can get there too! :happy:
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Mind if I join? I find it so helpful to be a part of a group that understands what I am going through:)

I'll go through and read all the previous 11 pages I've missed so I can keep up, lol.

My name is Kim and I've pretty much been overweight since the age of 7. Coincidentally that was the year my parents divorced. I think my brother, mother, and I made ourselves feel better through food ... we all have a problem.

I've been doing well since I started this journey in May ... 29 lbs down, started at 294.5. This site has been a huge help, and I'm hooked!

Look forward to learning more about all of you:) Keep up the good work!
  • Shelley130
    Shelley130 Posts: 142
    Mind if I join? I find it so helpful to be a part of a group that understands what I am going through:)

I'll go through and read all the previous 11 pages I've missed so I can keep up, lol.

My name is Kim and I've pretty much been overweight since the age of 7. Coincidentally that was the year my parents divorced. I think my brother, mother, and I made ourselves feel better through food ... we all have a problem.

I've been doing well since I started this journey in May ... 29 lbs down, started at 294.5. This site has been a huge help, and I'm hooked!

Look forward to learning more about all of you:) Keep up the good work!

Welcome :flowerforyou: Congratulations on 29 lbs!! Keep up the good work :smile:
  • Momma2four
    Hey girls, I am down 1.2 pounds this week. See you all later
  • Thank you for the welcomes and suggestions!! Does anyone have any experience with green tea and weight loss? I've been reading about it...I don't drink tea, but I'd be willing to if it helps :)
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Weigh in day, down 2 pounds yayyy

Starting weight 253
    Last week 238
    This week 236
    SEPT challenge 220
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Congrats to all you "losers" :)

I just measured for first time since 6/13 and I've lost 5 inches from my waist and 4 inches from my hips!!! HOLY COW! I didn't see that coming at all!!! That just made my day:) Guess I'll stick with measuring every two months, I like seeing that change:)

Keep up the great work ya'll (a little southern twang shows up every now and then,lol)

Kim
  • KCSPEARS
    KCSPEARS Posts: 123
    Hey everyone. I just got home from vacation. Im so affraid to get one the scale. I hae to get in the routine. im back to feeling tired all the time & just blahhhh....

so today Im starting everything again. I started curves but pulled a muscle so had to take a break. Im gonna start back on monday!

hows everyone doing?
  • Momma2four
    Hey everyone. I just got home from vacation. Im so affraid to get one the scale. I hae to get in the routine. im back to feeling tired all the time & just blahhhh....

so today Im starting everything again. I started curves but pulled a muscle so had to take a break. Im gonna start back on monday!

hows everyone doing?

KC we all have days like this. Just weigh in next friday no need to do it today. Good job on getting back to it today. This is life and life has up days and down days. Today you are up. Good for you, keep going