REAL MFP women, weight training Befores and Afters

Options

Replies

• Tara1090
    Tara1090 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Amazing results everyone!!! Very inspirational!
  • Lisachicken
    Options
    Amazing work!
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    This thread is AMAZING! BUMPIN'!

I recently started NRofL4W although I've always incorporated some level of heavy lifting in my workouts. I cant wait to start seeing some great results!

And ladies, you are all looking GREAT!!!
  • fzafar_64
    fzafar_64 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    buuuump!! Just a quick question for all you beautful ladies, i have 20 lbs more to lose till my GW, should i start strength training then, or whenever? i'm doing 30DS at the mo..?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    buuuump!! Just a quick question for all you beautful ladies, i have 20 lbs more to lose till my GW, should i start strength training then, or whenever? i'm doing 30DS at the mo..?

Start... yesterday. :smile:

I was already pretty much at my goal weight when I really started strength training. I wish I would have started sooner. It's really more about keeping the muscle you already have than building more muscle. And the more muscle you keep while you're losing weight, the greater the percentage of fat you're going to lose. Win win!
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Love seeing these results! You all are amazing!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I posted my pictures in my blog if you want to check them out:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/usmcmp/view/progress-pictures-217-to-162-234525

I did little to no cardio.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

Start... yesterday. :smile:

I was already pretty much at my goal weight when I really started strength training. I wish I would have started sooner. It's really more about keeping the muscle you already have than building more muscle. And the more muscle you keep while you're losing weight, the greater the percentage of fat you're going to lose. Win win!

Exactly. You can start 100+ pounds from your goal.
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I love lifting weights! I hate cardio! But I have no idea where to start? any help there? Or websites ?

I know the New lifting program but I'm not sure Ill be able to do the gym!

Thanks!

Yall are fabulous!
  • jdp022
    jdp022 Posts: 11
    Options
    bump
  • sophsw
    sophsw Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump
  • judyarantall
    Options
    Bump- for later. good luck to you all
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    nice thread-keep up all the great work girls !!!
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    You all look amazing!!!

I am currently in phase 1 of NRWL4W and am thinking I'm possibly doing 2 things "wrong" - I don't eat enough and I do too much cardo. Is that even possible? I do a few miles of interval runs on lift days and 4+ miles on run days.

You are all an inspiration - cant wait to get my results!!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    You all look amazing!!!

I am currently in phase 1 of NRWL4W and am thinking I'm possibly doing 2 things "wrong" - I don't eat enough and I do too much cardo. Is that even possible? I do a few miles of interval runs on lift days and 4+ miles on run days.

You are all an inspiration - cant wait to get my results!!
    Eat more!!!! Do cardio 2-3 time a week.
  • bunnylvr
    bunnylvr Posts: 78
    Options
    bump
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I love lifting weights! I hate cardio! But I have no idea where to start? any help there? Or websites ?

I know the New lifting program but I'm not sure Ill be able to do the gym!

Thanks!

Yall are fabulous!

If you ABSOLUTELY cannot get to a gym (why, by the way?), and don't have the money/space to set up a home gym (probably $500), you could always try the Convict Conditioning program or YAYOG (You Are Your Own Gym), which focus on bodyweight work.

Heavy compound lifts are where it's at, though.
  • Behl9
    Behl9 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    loving his thread and all the inspriration and education weaved into it! bump, bump, bump
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Before - 133 lbs - 23% body fat
    photo-7.jpg

After - 129 lbs - 17% body fat
    6022dcc9.jpg

Whew, girl, those ABS! Nice job!

I just started lifting about a month ago, right now I am at 24% bf, I would love to know if yal are eating any certain way while lifting?? I have a hard time not eating a few sweets here and there
  • knikkiola
    knikkiola Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Nice work everyone!!!

I just started New rules of lifting for women yesterday can't wait to see my results!! just one question tho did you up your calories straight away?