REAL MFP women, weight training Befores and Afters

Options

Replies

• Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can look at these later and maybe post some day. :)
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I love lifting weights! I hate cardio! But I have no idea where to start? any help there? Or websites ?

I know the New lifting program but I'm not sure Ill be able to do the gym!

Thanks!

Yall are fabulous!

If you ABSOLUTELY cannot get to a gym (why, by the way?), and don't have the money/space to set up a home gym (probably $500), you could always try the Convict Conditioning program or YAYOG (You Are Your Own Gym), which focus on bodyweight work.

Heavy compound lifts are where it's at, though.

Ok so technically I could go to the gym and have been since aug, but I was also working in their daycare to pay for my membership but now started working part time so I dont have that luxury anymore! I really need sit down and see if I can fit it in!!

I really would like to set up a gym at home I def have enough space for it, then my husband would use it because he wont go to the gym!

Thanks for your help!!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I just started lifting about a month ago, right now I am at 24% bf, I would love to know if yal are eating any certain way while lifting?? I have a hard time not eating a few sweets here and there

IIFYM. Clean whole foods are great, but really it's all about fitting whatever you want into your macronutrient budget. If Ice Cream and beer fit into your macro goals, then go for it. It won't happen all the time, but it does happen *sometimes*. With the exception of yesterday (said screw it for a day) look at my diary for the last week. I was pretty good about hitting my workout day and rest day macros. I think you'll see a LOT of treats in there.

High protein always
    High carb lifting days
    Low carb rest days
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'll go:

DSC01715-4.jpg

DSC01716-3.jpg

For women that say they don't wanna lift because they wanna keep their curves, LOOK AT HOW MUCH MORE DEFINED HER CURVES ARE AFTER LIFTING!
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Bump, these pics are inspirational! Way to go ladies!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You know how people say that cardio just makes you smaller, but strength training really changes your body shape? I think this illustrates that point pretty well.

A little over ten pounds difference between the first and second picture. And just one pound between the second and third. I started strength training in July.

pink-bikini-front.jpg
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Now that I just went through this entire post...I think I'll go work out. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Bump to keep this in my list.

You ladies are really inspirational, and all look amazing :) well done
  • KimmieSue2011
    KimmieSue2011 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    wow! thanks!
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Bump. Wow you ladies make me want to keep at this! Congrats on all your before and afters. AMAZING!
  • CarissaNew
    CarissaNew Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Bump! You all look great! I want to get that book :)
  • jennifeffer
    jennifeffer Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!! I just read the book. About five minutes ago i bought a weight set on kijiji. I'm so excited to start this. You ladies look super fantastic!!! Yay!!!!
  • soymilkcoffee
    Options
    You ladies are fabulous. Thank you for the inspiration. :) I recently started the New Rules of Lifting for Women regimen. I hope to have before & after pics like these!!!
  • rachleb
    rachleb Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Just started lifting yesterday! I can't wait until I gain the kind of strength I see the ladies on here have!
  • msue482
    msue482 Posts: 55
    Options
    Awesome work, ladies!
  • gettingthinandfit
    Options
    hope to get results like you guys :)
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Bump....Just started lifting a few weeks ago...I can't wait to see results like these...Truly inspiring!! Thank you for sharing!! :)
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    WOW! I have found my inspiration! Way to go, Ladies!!
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Ok so I need to take new progress pics but these are the results I saw in about a month and a half - after I finished Stage 1 of New Rules of Lifting for Women... keep in mind I only lost 1.5 pounds.

I have recently finished Stage 2 and am interested in comparing the difference!

MyPictures119-1-1-1.jpg

MyPictures123-1-1-1.jpg

MyPictures122-1-1-1.jpg

Nice! Great improvement in only 2 months. Really!

Excellent job! Your hard work definitely paid off! Keep up the great work! :drinker: :happy: :drinker: :happy: :drinker: :happy:
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Maybe some crappy camera phone pics, but no photoshop LOL
    7027270591_781941e0d8.jpg
    finalweigh2 by xokerrbieox, on Flickr

Fantastic job! You look AMAZING!!!!! Congratulations!