The Preggo Platform

Replies

• Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Good Morning Girls!!

How are you all doing?

jjohnson - any new updates; have you had your biopsy? Thinking of you...

K - love the nursery!! Super cute, love the colors!!

I had my ultrasound on Tuesday at 21 weeks and they found I have SUA (single umbilical artery). This condition could be a sign of birth defects or could lead to preterm or still birth. On the upside, the rest of my ultrasound was completely normal so any organ defects or chromosomal defects are highly unlikely. The list of defects is long however so it feels impossible not to be a little worried. I am told this condition is the most common umbilical cord abnormality and happens to 1 in 100 women. 50% to 75% of of babies are born perfectly healthy and the other 25% have an abnormality. To this date I have not yet had a ultrasound that does not cause some level of fear and to be honest I am really over it. I almost wish they did not exist.

Also at my appointment I found that I gained twice as much weight in the last 4 weeks than my doc likes to see. UGH... No more ice cream for me :)

Anyway, trying to stay positive :wink:

-C
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Good Morning Girls!!

How are you all doing?

jjohnson - any new updates; have you had your biopsy? Thinking of you...

K - love the nursery!! Super cute, love the colors!!

I had my ultrasound on Tuesday at 21 weeks and they found I have SUA (single umbilical artery). This condition could be a sign of birth defects or could lead to preterm or still birth. On the upside, the rest of my ultrasound was completely normal so any organ defects or chromosomal defects are highly unlikely. The list of defects is long however so it feels impossible not to be a little worried. I am told this condition is the most common umbilical cord abnormality and happens to 1 in 100 women. 50% to 75% of of babies are born perfectly healthy and the other 25% have an abnormality. To this date I have not yet had a ultrasound that does not cause some level of fear and to be honest I am really over it. I almost wish they did not exist.

Also at my appointment I found that I gained twice as much weight in the last 4 weeks than my doc likes to see. UGH... No more ice cream for me :)

Anyway, trying to stay positive :wink:

-C

:flowerforyou: Did you find out if its a boy or girl?
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    no worries! you're baby will be perfectly healthy. doctors seem to just get people paranoid and i think the stress will cause more abnormalities then anything else. :laugh: good luck though! i'll be thinking of you and your baby!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Jenna and Chuff, you are in my thoughts ladies :flowerforyou: (((hugs)))
  • Chuffmn
    Thanks for teh support ladies!!

We are keeping the sex surprise (FUN!!) :happy:
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member

Darn, Cause I had a guess! :wink:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Cris...I will be thinking of you!!!:flowerforyou: :heart: I kind of agree with femmerides that worrying about it too much can cause more harm. Think positively. Doctors have to tell us all the possibilities...but 50-75% is good...and that's where your baby will be!:flowerforyou:

And YAY for surprise sex!!!!! It makes it SO exciting!!! We are so close now and can't WAIT to find out what our little one is!!!!!

Everyone else...good morning!

Gotta get to some work. Took my kitty into the vet this morning as he's been acting miserable since yesterday. Kinda thinking it's a UTI. Then I have a doctors appointment this afternoon...doing the Strep test and they will see how dialated I am! Kinda excited! I'll report back tomorrow! Have a good day gals!
  • kistinbee
    SOoooo...I'm 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced!!! WOOOHOOO!!! We're on our way there!! When she was checking my cervix, she touched the baby's head and the baby started kicking like crazy! What a feeling!!!:happy:
  • Phoenix_Rising

Darn, Cause I had a guess! :wink:

Kristin is having a boy. :flowerforyou:
    Cris is having a girl. :flowerforyou:
    I am pyschic. :glasses:
    (And if I'm wrong, I'll change that to read, "I'm psycho", lol) :tongue:
  • kistinbee
    Too funny!:laugh: Most people think I'm having a girl these days...even my husband although he still REALLY wants a boy. So...who knows! I have no idea any more!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Hey guys! :)

Hope you are well!!

K- how exciting! We are almost there woman!!! :flowerforyou:

Cris - It's gonna be allllright!! :wink: :heart:

Hope everyone else is great!!!! :flowerforyou:

Me, today....at 36 weeks exactly. Three weeks to c-section!!
    39610_1651.jpg
  • kistinbee
    Looking GREAT Tam!!! I really wish I had been better throughout this pregnancy. I have gained WAY more than I wanted/should have!:grumble: :explode: Totally my own fault! And I will have to work hard to lose it all again! I think I've gained...*gulp*...45-50 pounds! :blushing: :sad: That's a TON! But I am SO anxious to start working out again, so I hope to have the motivation I need to get back on track after this little miracle is born! (Although my doc says probably 6 weeks before I can get back to any vigorous exercise). BUT...I will do LOTS of walking! It will be nice outside still, so me and baby can enjoy the late summer/early fall weather! I look forward to that! The stroller is ready to go!!!:bigsmile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Hey guys! :)

Hope you are well!!

K- how exciting! We are almost there woman!!! :flowerforyou:

Cris - It's gonna be allllright!! :wink: :heart:

Hope everyone else is great!!!! :flowerforyou:

Me, today....at 36 weeks exactly. Three weeks to c-section!!
    39610_1651.jpg

Tami, you look PRECIOUS!!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY (tomorrow)!!!
  • kistinbee
    Yes...happy birthday tomorrow Tam!!!:drinker:
  • Chuffmn
    Hi Everyone!!!!!

K - Holy Cow! You are in the home stretch!!!! What will we all do when you and Tam aren't prego anymore?! You have to still check in about the day to days of having a new baby!

I really want a boy and so does my step son and my hubby really wants a girl so either way we will be happy in this house!

I will be gaining just as much weight as you K! I am at 19 lbs gained already at 21 weeks ugh!!! I seriously do not eat bad either and I walk! I mean I enjoy some ice cream and other treats on occasion but I eat really healthy foods and try not to over eat as best I can. It is pretty frustrating really. My thighs are large and my bum is very round :wink:

So, I have lost my mind lately and make mistakes all day at work and am just absent minded and such at all times. It is pretty funny really outside of being kind of a pain. It is crazy that pregnancy really makes you insane! It seriously affects you head to toe! Wild.

Tam - you look great!!! I am so jealous that you are still fit! Happy BDay tomorrow!! Better treat yourself to a nice gift or some yummy food or both!! :flowerforyou:

Hope you all have great weekends!!!

-C
  • kistinbee
    Hey Cris...I suppose at least we are not alone in the gaining too much department! And we will just work hard afterwards to lose it again! We will have to start a new mommy support group!:bigsmile: I don't think I've eaten bad throughout this pregnancy either. I think for me it was the lack of exercise, because I literally worked out just about every day prior to being preggo. So...just need to get back into it as soon as I can afterwards!

Yep...I can totally relate with the unknowing of the sex! I've always wanted to have a boy first, then a girl. My husband SO badly wants a boy. So...it makes me hope this is a boy even more! BUT...my husband thinks it's a girl which for some reason makes me think it's a girl also. Who friggin knows! We will find out soon enough! :bigsmile:

Oh...and Cris...I can relate to the big thighs and bum!:grumble: SO frustrating! It's gonna take forever before I fit back into my pre-preggo jeans!:grumble: But...WE CAN DO IT!!!!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Hi ladies -

Thanks for the well-wishes. My biopsy was yesterday, but I have to wait about a week for the results. I think that's going to be the tough part.

Cris - Thinking of you on your SUA.

On gaining weight... I gained about 45-50 with my first one, and at first I was determined not to do it again. I can already tell I'm starting to slip back to my old ways of not caring, and I need to stop now. I've gained about 8 pounds so far, so not too bad, but not too good either. I'm walking over lunch everyday, so that's half an hour of exercise a day that I didn't get last time. Mostly I think I gained right in my belly. I wore my size 7 jeans up until about 30 weeks last time (with the top button open). This time around, I'm a little smaller to start this time, so we'll see if these jeans make it the same amount of time or not!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!! :smile: I don't wanna get older!!! :sad:

K and C - I think you both look great!! You have to remember, during my last pregnancy...I weighed over 100 lbs than I do now...so this pregnancy was a great opportunity to change things! And sort of prove to myself that I really WAS living a new, healthier lifestyle. I was nervous...but am proud that I have done so well. Even with my last pregnancy, I gained about 30 at the very end. This time, I am around 25 lbs with 3 weeks to go...so I think my body is consistent in that regard!! And my son last time was 9 lbs himself!! By the time I went home from the hospital, I was down like 17 lbs!! It's the best!!! :laugh: :laugh: You'll see!! :wink:

And C-......I call your absent-mindedness "Momnesia"....just to let you know, you never seem to quite get that "sense" back!! :laugh: :ohwell:

Jl- You have us to vent to this week while waiting for your results!! :flowerforyou: God Bless!!!
  • kistinbee
    Thanks Tam and Jenna!

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Mine was good. My husband and I went to the Iowa State Fair on Friday evening for the Gary Allen/Chuck Wicks concert. We had a BLAST! I didn't get to enjoy the usual margaritas, but it was still fun! Although my feet were SO swollen by the end of the night from all the walking and the humidity! But they were back to normal by Saturday morning! Saturday I did some cleaning around the house and then my sister came over to stay the night as she is going back to college this Wednesday!:cry: So we watched some movies that evening and ordered Chinese (bad!:wink: ). Then Sunday we went to see The Ugly Truth which is really funny! I came home and had some ambition to reorganize all my kitchen cabinets! Nesting? We'll see! The plan for tonight is to really deep clean the kitchen (which shouldn't take too long since it's small) and vaccuum. Other tasks for this week...finish organizing in our basement (which was recently re-done) and clean out the free fridge we got in our garage so I can stock up on food for when I have this baby! And then really, I'm all ready! The only other thing is our bathroom...my dad is going to install a exhaust fan and then it needs re-painted and some new shelves. But I can' t really do that on my own, so have to wait until my dad and husband have the time. But I think I will go through all the stuff on those shelves in the meantime and clear out what I can (as it is small also and I could use some more space). Maybe I'll do that tonight also!:happy:

Well...I better get started on some work. Another Monday!:grumble: Ah well! Have a good morning gals!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Just to let you all know, I just got my test results back, and everything is benign. I'm so thankful! I still have to keep an eye on it, but at least I know I don't have anything serious to worry about. I really do appreciate having people to chat with, and for the prayers and well-wishes from everyone, so thanks for that!