What Kind of things PISS you off on MFP?

Options

Replies

• HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    People who want to pull the racist card when there is no need for it
    People who can't take a joke
    People who insist that you need to follow their rules and way of living or else you're doing it wrong

You see all that on a message board? Damn, girl!
    Hourly
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    This doesn't really piss me off, but it does baffle me.

When a significantly overweight person complains about not being able to eat up to 1200 calories a day. Unless there's something medically wrong with you (like thyroid problems), you got that way by eating a helluva lot more.

I agree with you, but I think that it's a problem with eating healthy stuff to equal 1200 cals. It's not hard to eat 2 meals a day and eat over 3,000 cals. Just go to your local fast food joint.
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    People who go ballistic because a person chooses to eat or not eat a certain food. One example: I will not die or become a limp hunk of flab if I do not eat meat. There are other protein sources.

I begin to wonder if people get kickbacks for endorsing certain foods. There are always alternatives. I don't like brown rice - if I want rice, I will eat some form of white rice and, guess what, I'll be OK. I love whole wheat bread. The taste of white bread seems akin to eating a piece of paper to me... but guess what, if others eat white bread, they'll be ....... [sing it with me now] .... OK.

#thatisall
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    People who go ballistic because a person chooses to eat or not eat a certain food. One example: I will not die or become a limp hunk of flab if I do not eat meat. There are other protein sources.

I begin to wonder if people get kickbacks for endorsing certain foods. There are always alternatives. I don't like brown rice - if I want rice, I will eat some form of white rice and, guess what, I'll be OK. I love whole wheat bread. The taste of white bread seems akin to eating a piece of paper to me... but guess what, if others eat white bread, they'll be ....... [sing it with me now] .... OK.

#thatisall

I agree, I really don't like brown rice much. If I'm going to eat rice it'll be wild rice or white. Y'know a lot of Asian people eat white rice and they're healthy: it can't be that bad for you.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I did a VERY tongue-in-cheek blog about this subject once and people got really angry with me, so I'm keeping my mouth shut. Peace and love and all that crap, right?
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Nothing really.

It's a good mix of things.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I hate the ones that just march in, crawl up your leg, start biting the inside of your ***, and then you're like...'GET OUT OF MY *** YOU STUPID RAINBOW
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    People who log "cleaning" or "doing hair" as exercise! BS! No, you did not burn 1800 calories get real. People are really cheating themselves. It's called BMR!

I only clean my room once every maybe 6 months. When I clean it, it will take 6+ hours, also can work up a sweat whilst wearing my hrm. Plus I take out the BMR calories.
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    People still get mad at the internet? C'mon...
  • Kayatica
    Kayatica Posts: 6
    Options
    Not to get catty...but if I spend the whole day sweating it out moving furniture scrubbing stuff and legitmately work up a sweat doing it? I'm logging it as exercise. Yard work too. It's called house work cause it's work.

If I go out of my way to log every little thing that goes in my mouth I'm going out of my way to log every little thing that gets my *kitten* up off the couch.

: )
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Freaking GRAMS in the food database! WTF! But I am a newbie, so I am sure I will find something else about MFP that is irritating, even if it ends up what irritates me the most is ME :D

Well SORRY that not all people here are from your country.
    Just because this is an american site does not mean australian's are not allowed on it :flowerforyou:
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Just because this is an american site does not mean australian's are not allowed on it :flowerforyou:

Damn, Australians are allowed on this site too? Thanks for telling us that...I'll type real slow now then.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Seeing the same question(s) asked OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

I've started responding to them all: PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON ABOVE TO FIND YOUR ANSWER.
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    bump
  • taso42
    Options

Damn, Australians are allowed on this site too? Thanks for telling us that...I'll type real slow now then.

ǝɯ oʇ ǝʞıן ʞooן sʇsod ,suɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ ǝɥʇ ןןɐ ʇɐɥʍ sı sıɥʇ
  • Mission2Me
    Mission2Me Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    the attitude that some of the smaller people have toward the bigger people.

when people ask a question like "what does MSG do to your body" and you give them an answer but they never acknowledge it but skip over you to the next person to talk about some BS that had nothing to do with your post. (waste of my time answering you when you obviously dont care)

when I ask a serious question and only get two responses but other post get like 400.

when people discourage the new people by making them feel like they are wrong for now showing up on MFP earlier.

discrimination (of all types. Yea it exists on here I see it every day)

closed minds.

People who get on here and think that everyone got fat the exact same way. ( I have heard the "they just need to stop eating so much" theory one too many times. some people gain from not eating enough.)

bad advice (when you give advice it needs to be based on what is good for the other person. what worked for you may not be appropriate)

hate for people who want to do things their own way.
  • HorrorChix89
    Options

I'm smart cause I could read that
  • taso42
    Options

did you do it with the standing on your head technique, or the old flip the monitor upside down trick?
  • HorrorChix89
    Options

did you do it with the standing on your head technique, or the old flip the monitor upside down trick?
    I used the "Just read it backwards cause it ain't hard" trick.
  • taso42
    Options

I used the "Just read it backwards cause it ain't hard" trick.

I just tried it and i guess you're right. Damn, if you only knew how hard it was to type that earlier while doing a headstand. I lost my balance about halfway through and ended up breaking my grandmother's favorite china.