What Kind of things PISS you off on MFP?

Options

Replies

• REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have one complaint about this site and it's the way the database is. There is too many entries for the same food with different calories. If I type chicken breast I will get 3 or 4 entries with different amounts of calories. I'm not sure which one is accurate so I'll guess. They should have someone look over any entry that is going into the database and make sure it's accurate. They should also clean it up and delete stuff that is a duplicate or inaccurate.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I hate the posts that could be considered racist/xenophobic, basically making out that one ethnicity or nation is bad because some stereotypical reason. The amount of posts that have cropped up recently because of the Samantha Brick interview calling all Brits ugly is ridiculous and offensive. We are all pretty much the same, we all function the same, are emotions are the same, surely we can all get along?

I also feel for new members that do post a question that has been asked a million times that get sarcastic answers, I sometimes think it's there way of breaking the ice, I mean if you just look at all the old posts and don't take part it can be hard to feel like part of the community.
  • missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options
    People who moan about others
    those who ask for opinions then moan about the opinion someone has given
  • missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options
    People who moan about others
    those who ask for opinions then moan about the opinion someone has given

oh wait aint i doing that 1st one? lol
  • jeffazi
    jeffazi Posts: 198
    Options
    Can't think of a thing.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I hate the posts that could be considered racist/xenophobic, basically making out that one ethnicity or nation is bad because some stereotypical reason. The amount of posts that have cropped up recently because of the Samantha Brick interview calling all Brits ugly is ridiculous and offensive. We are all pretty much the same, we all function the same, are emotions are the same, surely we can all get along?

I also feel for new members that do post a question that has been asked a million times that get sarcastic answers, I sometimes think it's there way of breaking the ice, I mean if you just look at all the old posts and don't take part it can be hard to feel like part of the community.

Agreed I am not a big fan of stereotyping either but then again this problem isn't restrained just to MFP.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options

Agreed I am not a big fan of stereotyping either but then again this problem isn't restrained just to MFP.

No, of course not, it's just frustrating on what could be considered a support network. I'm all for being nice, to everyone but I can get nasty when wound up and I don't like to see that side of myself.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Freaking GRAMS in the food database! WTF! But I am a newbie, so I am sure I will find something else about MFP that is irritating, even if it ends up what irritates me the most is ME :D

Well SORRY that not all people here are from your country.
    Just because this is an american site does not mean australian's are not allowed on it :flowerforyou:

I have news for the "grams haters". We Americans are slowly converting over to metric. Been to the doctor lately? They weigh in kg now. Notice our food labels? Most of them are in grams now. I remember when I was in high school, it was a big crisis, they were preparing to convert then and we had to study the metric system. Okay, now it's 45 years later and we are finally starting. Yeah, we're so advanced, eh? Quit dissing other countries...we are not better than everyone else; we are slowly descending to the bottom because of our spoiled, greedy ways. In case you haven't noticed almost everyone in every foreign country hates Americans because we use them for gain then screw 'em over. It embarrasses me.
  • Splashlove
    Options
    People who log "cleaning" or "doing hair" as exercise! BS! No, you did not burn 1800 calories get real. People are really cheating themselves. It's called BMR!

When I'm running around my house like a mad woman cleaning and I'm dancing while I do it, yeah I consider it cardio. I'm breaking a sweat and feel the pressure so why should anyone judge me because I log it as such.
  • mayyammya
    Options
    sadly, i think this seems to be the steam of ALL problems, and is by far the most irritating to put up with.
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    *edited
  • naomi8888
    Options
    Freaking GRAMS in the food database! WTF! But I am a newbie, so I am sure I will find something else about MFP that is irritating, even if it ends up what irritates me the most is ME :D

Well SORRY that not all people here are from your country.
    Just because this is an american site does not mean australian's are not allowed on it :flowerforyou:

I have news for the "grams haters". We Americans are slowly converting over to metric. Been to the doctor lately? They weigh in kg now. Notice our food labels? Most of them are in grams now. I remember when I was in high school, it was a big crisis, they were preparing to convert then and we had to study the metric system. Okay, now it's 45 years later and we are finally starting. Yeah, we're so advanced, eh? Quit dissing other countries...we are not better than everyone else; we are slowly descending to the bottom because of our spoiled, greedy ways. In case you haven't noticed almost everyone in every foreign country hates Americans because we use them for gain then screw 'em over. It embarrasses me.

Oooh harsh! I'm Australian and while I wouldn't ever say I hate Americans (heaps of awesome ones on here that I love!) I do agree that sometimes it seems like you forget that there's a whole other world out there. And if you change over to metric I'm sure you'll love it. It is SO much easier to work with.
  • MelsieK
    MelsieK Posts: 72
    Options
    I'm newish here but one thing that annoys me is some of the 'supportive' comments I've seen in some diary entries( no doubt might be looking for new friends soon ;-) ) but sorry I can't tell someone they've had an awesome day when they've eaten breakfast and dinner and that's it for the day, managed to go over calories for the day and included a can of coke for breakfast.

I know I'm not perfect some days, but also wouldn't expect someone to tell me great day, when we all know it isn't. I just ignore now, don't look at diaries or comments of certain friends.

Mel
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I hate when I spend a half hour on a Saturday morning at work, reading a 12 page post and it just ends!! There was a beginning, followed by 12 pages of climax, a bunch antagonists and I think there might even have been a protagonist....is it really too much to ask for an ending??
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I also hate when I jump into a thread a day late....
  • naomi8888
    Options
    Me too, different time zone. It's bedtime now in Australia :)
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I also hate when I jump into a thread a day late....

I was just thinking the same thing, except I only made it thru 7 pages before just skipping to the end.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Know it alls.

Only there way is the right way.
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    The fact that everybody thinks their way is the "right" way and everybody else is doing it wrong.

So true......:drinker:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    stupid people spewing bro-science and chronic starvers.