What Kind of things PISS you off on MFP?

Options

Replies

• Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    When I post something on a message board that is absolutely hilarious and nobody seems to notice :(
  • kasafrass
    kasafrass Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    People who are on here to lose weight even though they are recovering from an E.D.

^^^ Exactly!!
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    When I post something on a message board that is absolutely hilarious and nobody seems to notice :(

I'm starting to think maybe we are the only ones who think it is hilarious.........:noway:
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Skinny people that make assumptions about big people. They were never big, but they act like they know everything about what a big person goes through. Plus certain words can put me over the edge.
  • BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    not piss me off- but the ads can be are annoying & totally irrelevant to my life. I mean I don't want to see a rotten banana every time i come on here or toe fungus. lol.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I hate that stupid rotten banana, too!
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I go with the mis-spelling of the words "loose" and "loosing" for "lose" and "losing." I am "losing" weight, not loosing it. I want to lose more weight, not loose it. In the name of all that is holy, please spell this four-letter/six-letter word correctly.
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    It really pisses me off when people ask for friends and say they are looking for someone who will support them and they will do the same...Then, days and weeks pass by and you are commenting on their status yet they don't say anything on your status about your progress...Look on their page and see that they respond to a few choice friends every now and then...Hate wasting my time going and deleting them and having to see their information fill up my page everyday...It really sucks....Honestly, I'm having a hard time finding friends that are dedicated to giving me the same support as I give them...AND, IT PISSES ME OFF!!!!

I feel your pain, only I wouldn't say it pisses me off as much as it disappoints me. I guess it's like any other "friendship" or relationship, sometimes it's lop-sided. I didn't delete the no-shows on my friends list, but I've stopped acknowledging them. It does take time to look at the diary and make honest, encouraging responses, and if they can't take the time to look at mine, then I don't have time to look at theirs.
  • anaussie
    anaussie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Just because this is an american site does not mean australian's are not allowed on it :flowerforyou:

Damn, Australians are allowed on this site too? Thanks for telling us that...I'll type real slow now then.

ǝɯ oʇ ǝʞıן ʞooן sʇsod ,suɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ ǝɥʇ ןןɐ ʇɐɥʍ sı sıɥʇ
    I'm smart cause I could read that

did you do it with the standing on your head technique, or the old flip the monitor upside down trick?
    I used the "Just read it backwards cause it ain't hard" trick.

Next time do what I did..mirror technique....in front of monitor hold mirror upside down.
  • anaussie
    anaussie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I go with the mis-spelling of the words "loose" and "loosing" for "lose" and "losing." I am "losing" weight, not loosing it. I want to lose more weight, not loose it. In the name of all that is holy, please spell this four-letter/six-letter word correctly.

Both words have same meaning....Losing weight = Loosening clothes.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Boys and girls... If you're getting legit pissed off at a message board, you have to re-examine your lives. I'm sorry. This topic was just put on here to start an argument and get everyone worked up.

Ha! I don't see anyone worked up...but you!

:smile:

Pisses me off when I'm not friends with someone who makes awesome comments on the forums. *eye on you, JaySpice*
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Just because this is an american site does not mean australian's are not allowed on it :flowerforyou:

Damn, Australians are allowed on this site too? Thanks for telling us that...I'll type real slow now then.

ǝɯ oʇ ǝʞıן ʞooן sʇsod ,suɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ ǝɥʇ ןןɐ ʇɐɥʍ sı sıɥʇ
    I'm smart cause I could read that

did you do it with the standing on your head technique, or the old flip the monitor upside down trick?
    I used the "Just read it backwards cause it ain't hard" trick.

Next time do what I did..mirror technique....in front of monitor hold mirror upside down.

The Australians on here are laughing at you
  • Lily_1
    Lily_1 Posts: 38
    Options
    Nothing! Why be pissed of? Why would anyone choose to focus on negative things? Only to attract more of the same energy I suppose.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Too many people have too many negative things to say.

This is supposed to be a place where people come for help, motivation and support and too many people are bullies.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    When people type a really long post about nothing and you read trough it and don't realize that you just read a post about nothing and you are now confused because you were hoping to get something out of reading the really long post even though halfway through it you had a sinking suspicion that it was not going to be about anything but you continue with the hope that part of it if not all of it will make sense once you read the entire thing but then you are left disappointed with yourself for reading all of it and you are even more confused because people responded to it so you assume that it did mean something even though you could not figure it out so you read it again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again with out being able to figure it out any of the times that you read it.

I also hate run on sentences, and the color blue.
  • jennys11
    jennys11 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    The fact that I post a question and get very few responses but others will have 200 plus responses becuase they are mindlessly arguing and beating a dead horse in the midst of it all

I couldn't agree with you more!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    When I post a simple opinion and people get all butt-hurt
  • rdennisjr
    rdennisjr Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    What an ironic turn of a phrase 8)
  • rdennisjr
    rdennisjr Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    people who have been active members for 17 days, lost .8 lbs and are suddenly "educated nutrition professionals" and "almost a kinesiologist"

shut the phuck up and eat your apple.

People that assume that someone who has been on here 17 days has only started on the journey since signing up to MFP and that life before MFP was spent in a fog of ignorant bliss sitting on the couch eating chips and pizza!

Unless I see RD ( registered dietician) at the end of someone's name I take their nutrition advice with a gain of salt.

Sorry - try that again - what an ironic turn of a phrase...
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    People who dont know how to use Find Members and assume that a person's acct was deactivated because they don't realize they have to put in the WHOLE name of said member.
  • sheryllamb72
    sheryllamb72 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    What really PISSES ME OFF is girls who are about 18-25, that have clearly NEVER been overweight, and have their profile pics set as them in their underwear showing off their toned stomachs, when everyone else on here is clearly struggling to lose weight on a daily basis, and trying their hardest to exercise around running a family home and working 9-5......it's like they're rubbing it in everyone's faces!!

Well, piss off........you dont need a calorie counting/weight loss site!! :mad: