The Preggo Platform

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Had my appointment....everything is good.........baby is measuring 37 (which is good..I am 38 weeks on Friday).

Blood pressure has been a consistent 100/60 and his heart beat is good! ;) And my weight has maintained the last 3 weeks. I think I am done with any baby weight gain!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:

It's amazing..it's around 28 lbs-30 lbs............which is what my last pregnancy gain was. I guess whether I am over 100 lbs overweight (like I was last time) or at a healthy weight like I am now..........that 30 lb gain is consistent!! ;) Now to see what I am when I get home from the hospital. And usually by your 6 week check-up, you have an idea of what work you have to do!! :ohwell: :tongue:

I just pre-registered at the hospital and got the paperwork for my c-section, including diagram of incisions. loll! I am a repeat c-section so I think my scar tells me all I need to know about THAT!! :laugh:

I have one last doc appt next Wed and have to do one last round of bloodwork there too.

Wow, almost here!! :happy:

K- so sorry the rash is still bothering you!! WOW! That must be so uncomfortable. I mean, it's not like we're not miserable enough right now!! And good luck with the daycare provider! :flowerforyou:

C- Definitely enjoy your 2nd trimester. I felt GREAT in that one and exercised well!! :)

Alapointe - Glad to hear things seem to be calming down. Hope you get some peace of mind! I always say you become mothers the second you find out your pregnant because the worry starts for these babies and never goes away!! :wink: :heart:

Oh, and I can't eat or drink ANYTHING past Midnight next Thursday in preparation for my 1:00 pm surgery the following day. Ugh. I am going to make that last meal on Thursday a good one!! :laugh:

Just don't eat beans! :laugh:
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Tam - definitely make it a good meal that night! I ate before I was induced last time, ended up in the hospital for 35 hours before they decided to do the c-section, then had to wait a few hours after that to eat! Talk about hungry!! Thankfully our hospital had decent food, so I got a good meal afterwards. Good luck!!!

Alapointe - Glad your spotting has lightened up. The only time I had any was when my toddler stepped really hard on my tummy, right at about 12 weeks. I know I was worried with just a little bit, so I can't imagine how tough it was having so much.

Now that I'm in my 2nd trimester, I can already tell I'm starting to feel better. My nausea is pretty much gone, unless I eat ice cream at night :grumble: My husband and I are having fun competing against each other on the Wii.

To all you preggo girls, talk to you later and have fun!!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Well...interview with the childcare provider went really well. I like her a lot! Going back next week some evening with my husband and so we can meet her backup person. She may be the one. Only problem is she wants to follow a school schedule (winter break, spring break, and summers off). SO...this may only take us until the summer and then we need to find something else. But at least it will get us by for now. And she said she may change her mind if she's having trouble signing up kids. So, who knows! And we can manage over winter break (my husband is laid off in the winters) and spring break (I can take a few days off work and my mom said she can help out). So, this may be a good thing for us for now. Still going to be looking around, but it's nice to know we have this option.

Well...the hubby and I are going to go grab some cheap Mexican food for dinner. YUM! Hope you all have a good night!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hey friends! 3 cm dilated today!!! Just thought I'd share!
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Hey friends! 3 cm dilated today!!! Just thought I'd share!

yay for you!!! you're so close now! good luck hon! :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Thanks! I'm SO excited!!!! But, I still could go past my due date...you just never know. My doctor did say she won't let me go much past, and in fact, if my hospital wasn't so busy, she said she's schdule me to be induced next week if I had wanted, but there are SO many inductions scheduled already, that they were too full. SO...I just have to hang on a little longer.

Hope you are all well this Friday morning! I probably won't be on too much today. Work to do this morning, and then meetings all afternoon. But I will check back at some point!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm SO excited!!!! But, I still could go past my due date...you just never know. My doctor did say she won't let me go much past, and in fact, if my hospital wasn't so busy, she said she's schdule me to be induced next week if I had wanted, but there are SO many inductions scheduled already, that they were too full. SO...I just have to hang on a little longer.

Hope you are all well this Friday morning! I probably won't be on too much today. Work to do this morning, and then meetings all afternoon. But I will check back at some point!
    Hey K! That is exciting!! But yes, you never know what your body will do!! I had all these signs of going early with my last pregnancy...effaced and dilated to 2 cm....and I went 5 days overdue and had to be induced and still ended with a c-section! :laugh: I think most Dr's don't let you go longer than 41 weeks before inducing.

I hope you go soon though!! I know you are as ready as I am!!

I have been having preggo insomnia lately! UGH! I wake up around 2 or 3 and can't go back to sleep!! It stinks!! :grumble:

I get to meet my little Sammy a week from today!! :heart: :love: :smooched: SO excited!!

Hope everyone else is doing well!! :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Tam...A WEEK!!!!! YAY!!!!!

Yes...my doctor said she won't let me go more that 1 or 2 days past my due date...thank goodness! And like I said, she was going to induce me before my due date if I had wanted, but the hospital is too busy.:grumble: Oh well. My little one will be here soon enough!
  • femmerides
    Options
    it's so funny to think that back in the day there were NO inductions and women did just fine. lol. i think MOST of these inductions nowadays are because people are impatient. but hey, i can't complain. shelby was induced (of course she HAD to be though because my water broke). but i just think it's halarious that people schedule their inductions and opt for c-sections before doing a vaginal birth. all these hollywood stars are doing c sections all the time like it's the norm. :laugh: so funny. :-)

anyways, you ladies are in the home stretch! enjoy it while it lasts! pretty soon your hands will be full! :-) especially you tam! have a happy friday!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    I agree! I would never just schedule an induction for convenience! It is funny! I am SO ready to have this baby, but I still kind of am hoping for a 9-9-09 baby...which would put me a day past my due date! So, we'll see if baby hangs on until then!
  • femmerides
    Options
    well do a lot of crazy stuff the day before. like go hiking or on a REALLY long walk or have lots of sex. lol. or drink castor oil or whatever it is people drink to go into labor. lol. try it out. :bigsmile:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Yep...by that point, I'm sure I'll try ANYthing!:laugh:
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options

Get on the elliptical for a few! Thats what I did at about 7pm and I was in labor by and on my way to the hospital by 12:30am! I was a little over a week early!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I'm postng this everywhere else..might as well here too! lol! 38 weeks exactly today!! WOOT!!
    PicturesinAugust151.jpg
  • kistinbee
    Options
    WOW! You look great Tam!!!
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Girls!!

Just wanted to say how excited I am for Tami and Kristin!! Your pregnancies sure have gone by fast from an outsiders perspective! I just cannot believe you are both so close now! Yeah!!!!

Hugs!!!

-C
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Morning ladies! Another Monday!

Tam...only a few more days for you! YAY!

I hope you are all well. Me...I am SO tired and sore. This baby is getting SO heavy! And my friend had her baby this past Saturday. I can't wait to have my little one here!!!!

Well...off to some work! I'll check back later!
  • femmerides
    Options
    yay! you ladies are SOOOO close! how exciting!!!! Have a great week everyone! :heart:
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Good luck to Tami and Kristin, you will have those babies before you know it.

I had another ultrasound today and saw the heartbeat and the bleeding has stopped thank goodness. Everything looks good and they said it just looks like implantation bleeding. That is so scary to see that spotting, but it was so awesome to see the heart beating today.

I am still on restrictions of no heavy lifiting and no excercise other than walking, for now, but i can live with that.

Have a great day.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Glad things are okay, alapointe! :flowerforyou: