A poll: Thoughts on tattoos on women...

Options

Replies

• ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I love my tattoos, you are welcome to check them out in my profile pics. I think i want to get a sleeve but I still havent decided what to get.
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I love them, I have many. Right now I have a quarter sleeve. I would love to get a full one. I'm going to be working towards a half soon. I currently live 2000 miles away from my artist. Won't let anyone else add to it.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Personally not a fan but that's just me. Everyone is different....
  • big_drake
    big_drake Posts: 78
    Options
    I guess it all depends on the woman. Yes there is a stigma attached to going with a full sleeve but that's why you don't judge a book by it's cover. I know a girl that has many tattoos, foot, couple big pieces on the back, wrist, and a half sleeve. I was a little hesitant when I first met her and it turns out she is one of the finest human beings I've ever met. I haven't seen her in a while and I'm sure she has more, she always talked about finishing her sleeve.

So if there is an answer in this poll for guys who tattoos aren't a turn on or a turn off, then mark me down for that.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I think they are wonderful if they are in spots that can be covered up.. I think its tacky for women to have them on their arms and chest and places that will always be seen... that is just my opinion
  • SandysNewLife
    SandysNewLife Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Never liked them on women
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    OMG I WANT A FULL SLEEVE!!!!!!!
    But my hubby says no. And I'm pretty sure my work wouldn't like it much... :sad:
  • InIt2WinIt
    Options
    And just to be clear, I am talking beautifully-crafted tattoos by artists.

I am interested in hearing what people think about a full-sleeve tattoo on a girl.

Does the stigma still exist?

What assumptions would you make about a lady with full-sleeve?

Over to you...

I love tattoos on a woman as long as they are tastefully done. I have 3 myself, they are small, but tasteful and plan on getting a few more.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Don't like them on women.
    Or men either.
  • anna5
    anna5 Posts: 24
    Options
    I dont care for them at all. I know I am gonna be wrinkly and old someday, dont wanna see wrinkly old tatoos.....
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos on women, except for on the chest. A woman's chest is aesthetically artistic alone, and tattoos mar that presentation.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    personally not a fan of "heavy tattoos" on women and always think when I see an attractive women with lots of them that I would find her much more attractive without them but that's just me, All it is is the look, I don't read into a persons personality about their tattoos.

However I'm all for people doing what they want to even if its not my cup of tea.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I think good art is always nice to look at.....however, I guess I would be slightly biased on this topic♥

Yep! A body well-decorated is a beautiful body to me. I've heard guys say they don't like tattoos on women, but they are typically not guys I would ever be interested in. My guy thinks they're sexy.
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm old but I find them unattractive. Probably ok b/c who cares what an old fat guy thinks, but there it is.
  • skinnybliss
    skinnybliss Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think you might regret it later in life - It's best to be discreet. Full sleeves are incredibly popular right now, but will they be considered "hot" in 10 years? or 20? I don't think so. I think by then the novelty will have worn off and the new "hot" will be a tattoo-free woman. Lots of people have them removed already - painful, expensive and time consuming. They are just too permanent in my opinion.
  • glitterpiss
    glitterpiss Posts: 113
    Options
    I dont care for them at all. I know I am gonna be wrinkly and old someday, dont wanna see wrinkly old tatoos.....

Wrinkly skin is gross whether or not you have pretty pictures on it. Also, who says you get old? People die young all the time.

and Skinnybliss, if they're not "hot" in 20 years, thats fine too because I didn't get them for anyone but my self. I couldn't possibly care less if random people walking down the street think I'm "hot".
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    What do I feel when I see a woman wearing a sleeve or full back tattoo? Mostly just sadness. Our bodies are not a canvas....they are the painting.

I think we all have a natural tendency to judge others no matter what we're doing. I try to look past the tattoos and get to know the real person. Some of the smartest, prettiest, strongest, most inspirational women I know have tattoos...so who am I to judge them. I make mistakes too. ;-) j/k

Why would you feel sad for a woman with a sleeve or full back tattoo? I also respectfully disagree that our bodies are the painting versus the canvas. My tattoo's are an expression of ME and I've chosen to express myself artfully with drawings on my body.

You may like your caffeine hot (coffee), I like mine cold (Diet Coke). You may like your art hanging on your wall at home. I like to take mine with me. If seeing my artwork on my body makes you sad then there is something missing within yourself. I can assure you I am not sad or missing anything in my life because I'm tattooed. :)

On a final note, none of my tattoo's were mistakes. I have 13 and counting. I have known since I was in grade school I would be tattooed and haven't regretted one of them. Then again, I've thought all mine through prior to getting them.
  • rcharlee
    rcharlee Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I think women look amazing with tattoos that are well crafted! Women's bodies flow in such a beautiful way that good tattoos can make them so much more beautiful! I'm 1/2 done with my sleeve, and can't wait to finish it, and start the other one. Also to the person that said tattoos affect work opporitunities, I'd like to say that's not true. I'm an emergency veterinary nurse that is heavily tattooed and have worked with a doctor tattooed from collar bones down. Being good at what you do is what affects a job, not pigments of the skin.
  • AccordingtoTodd
    AccordingtoTodd Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    women with tattoos = Brilliant!
  • skinnybliss
    skinnybliss Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Too permanent.