I am annoyed with the anti-lady-muscle posts.

Options

Replies

• mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I deadlift twice my body weight and I definitely don't have "boy muscles."

Woman - picking up and putting down weights will not turn you into a SHE-MAN!

To each her own...you are in much better health than me, and that's to be commended. But your muscles are pretty masculine. The high jumper pic, which fit and muscular, is more what I ascribe to be one day...still soft and womanly, but strong and fit.

Wow! That wasn't insulting at all. How does it make you feel when people call you names? If someone commented on one of your posts and said your face looks "pretty ugly" would you like that? Geez! WTF happened to having manners?!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I'm at work so I can't spend much time on this apparently controversial thread started by a woman asking that you stop bashing other women, but I want to tell you all that more than the anti-fat and anti-skinny posts that you see here and are also objectionable, the anti-strong woman post has an added thread of misogyny.

In cultures around the world, thin women may be valued, or fat women may be valued. Similarly tan or not tan may be valued. It is generally a matter of what can be obtained by upper class people who don't have to work (so much for a living) (ie the antebellum southern woman went through great effort to avoid skin exposure while the current day southern woman may well spend hours in a tanning bed).

What doesn't happen in misogynist cultures is for women who are strong to be valued. So when you spout that crap here, you are continuing a hateful system. Stop it.

Plus, outside of the quite obvious hotness benefits of lifting for women, the health benefits are too many to be enumerated, and more so and differently than for cardio only. So knock it off with the hate just for the promotion of women's health reasons.

^^^^ This all the way!! :heart: :heart:
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I told my husband I was upping my weight in my Body Pump class. He said just make sure you don't look like a dude whe you come home. Thanks for the support, darling! JERK!

Aww hun, he wasn't being unsupportive lol, most people...even most men, believe if a woman is lifting heavy, they'll look like a guy in no time.

Stupid, and inaccurate stereotype.

My husband used to think that way, but since I've been working out for so long and he can see with his own eyes that I've gotten smaller (and leaner) NOT bigger (and bulkier) he has a lot more appreciation for all the hard work I put into my body. :)I think he's even beginning to find my little muscles attractive! Lol

And well he should...I damn well would =p.

:laugh: :blushing: Thanks! He does I think, just maybe a little bit intimidated by the idea of me having muscles. He is a skinny dude after all, and sometimes I think he's worried about me getting more muscular than him. He can still beat me in arm wrestling with no question, so I don't think that's going to happen any time soon... lol I still try though! XD
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Personally I love muscles on a woman. It compliments there shape beautifully.
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I said it once, so I'll say it again. This is my call to arms "I want YOU to up your game"

challenge.jpg

but if that's not enough, here are my manly muscles (the guys tremble at the site of me, I'm so bulky):

Florida236-1.jpg
    allabtlm, your my hero!! :flowerforyou: And yes, not gonna fib, I avoid making eye contact with you and look down at my feet everytime you post in the same topic as me or on my wall!!
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Hear, hear. I loves me muskels. They bring all the boys to the yard.
  • isa75
    isa75 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It's a hard myth to overcome, "If I lift I'll get big huge boy muscles!!" But I will say you ladies do a FANTASTIC job of dispelling that myth. You should be very proud of yourselves. There are a lot of women on this site lifting heavy who never would have without your example.

Kudos! :flowerforyou:

Me for instance, started this week, these ladies have been a huge inspiration!
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    I deadlift twice my body weight and I definitely don't have "boy muscles."

Woman - picking up and putting down weights will not turn you into a SHE-MAN!
    goood lordy! youre freaking gorgeous!
    definitly not against girl muscle!!!
    im straight, and i seriosuly find myself staring at girls with muscle...
    its fn gorgeous! i mean if really muscualr woman were all tanned and oiled up walking abround flexing in a bikini all day long, ya thatd look slightly ridiculous....but they dont, and for the most part they would look completly "normal"(i hate that word) in every day clothing, and completly amazing naked! lol ...thats right, i said straight, lmao!
  • chnkytim42
    chnkytim42 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    i think there is a difference between fit muscles, being sexy, ie this
    muscle1.jpg
    and creepy muscles, ie this
    muscles.gif
  • EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hear, hear. I loves me muskels. They bring all the boys to the yard.

LOL.... <3
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I agree I just ignore them.
  • catayn
    catayn Posts: 3
    Options
    I particularly don't like muscles, for boys or girls. I am currently trying to get rid of muscles of my legs, because they are thick and I hate it. But apparently it is easier to get rid of fat then muscles.
    But your body looks nice, since you like muscles. I would definitely be afraid of you!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    muscle1.jpg
    muscles.gif

Yes dear. And the difference is steroids.
  • ahoag_83
    ahoag_83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the hate for lady muscles! Who wants to be "skinny fat?!" Not me. I want muscles. :tongue:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    muscle1.jpg
    muscles.gif

Yes dear. And the difference is steroids.

Steroids, testosterone supplements, and about 7-10%% less bodyfat.

You bet.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Strong women are sexy and whether that is strong in character or strong in physique matters not.
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I particularly don't like muscles, for boys or girls. I am currently trying to get rid of muscles of my legs, because they are thick and I hate it. But apparently it is easier to get rid of fat then muscles.
    But your body looks nice, since you like muscles. I would definitely be afraid of you!
    I have never heard anyone want to get rig of muscles...thats a new one to me
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I told my husband I was upping my weight in my Body Pump class. He said just make sure you don't look like a dude whe you come home. Thanks for the support, darling! JERK!

Aww hun, he wasn't being unsupportive lol, most people...even most men, believe if a woman is lifting heavy, they'll look like a guy in no time.

Stupid, and inaccurate stereotype.

My husband used to think that way, but since I've been working out for so long and he can see with his own eyes that I've gotten smaller (and leaner) NOT bigger (and bulkier) he has a lot more appreciation for all the hard work I put into my body. :)I think he's even beginning to find my little muscles attractive! Lol

And well he should...I damn well would =p.

:laugh: :blushing: Thanks! He does I think, just maybe a little bit intimidated by the idea of me having muscles. He is a skinny dude after all, and sometimes I think he's worried about me getting more muscular than him. He can still beat me in arm wrestling with no question, so I don't think that's going to happen any time soon... lol I still try though! XD

Just don't ever let yourself beat him, and you're golden =D.
  • KemaVA
    KemaVA Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I had to go back to the see the original posters pic when I read the post about masculine muscles. I expected to see... well masculine muscles. What I saw was a woman with a tight body. Inspiration!

I agree with the pics above on what is actually masculine muscles (creepy muscles).
  • chnkytim42
    chnkytim42 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    alot of guys just get intimidated when a women has more muscle, or is in better shape then they are. lol i say bring on the sexy in shape women. lol but sometimes washboard abs do freak me out on a women, because i enjoy the soft subtle body of a women and a soft kissable midsection :)