Bump
  • Masq
    Masq Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas!
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite marinade for chicken ...You can grill it outdoors, on the stove, counter top grill or cook it in the oven like I do

1/3 cup light sodium soya sauce
    1 tablespoon lime juice ( i just use the juice of a entire lime so i don't waste it)
    1 teaspoon of your favorite spice I use a heaping teaspoon of Mrs. Dash Garlic Blend
    Salt and Pepper to taste ( i leave out the salt though )

Mix the marinade together and pour over chicken breasts and marinade up to 4 hours.

I cook a bunch up at a time and have for sandwiches, salads and with brown rice or bulger and veggies for dinner

I got the marinade recipe from Runners World Magazine a few years ago
  • xmissjasmine
    xmissjasmine Posts: 121
    Options
    Cut up chicken breast and sautee on the stove in EVOO. When you're close to done, add 1/4 cup of water, a package of your favorite fajita seasoning, sliced bell peppers, corn, black beans, fresh tomatoes, cilantro and onions. Spoon into a whole wheat tortilla or lettuce leaf, add fat free sour cream and low fat cheese. It's WONDERFUL.

Also, start the same way. Cut chicken breast and sautee on the stove in EVOO and soy sauce. When chicken is close to done, add red, yellow, and green peppers, mushrooms, and onions. Mix cold water and cornstarch in a cup and add it slowly to the broth that has formed from sauteeing the chicken in the soysauce and EVOO. The sauce will begin to thicken. Serve over brown rice.
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    fillet the breast, stuff goat cheese and spinach in it, pin shut with toothpicks, throw some spices and herbs on top and bake! mmmmm
  • hemakesmesmile
    Options
    My favorite way to cook them is to dice the raw breasts, pre-heat a skillet med-high heat. Add Wishbone Red Wine Vinagrette salad dressing ( a good squirt) let it heat up and add the chicken. Keep the heat high and frequently stir the chicken until the water cooks out. After a few minutes, the chicken will start to brown, add just a little more dressing and constantly stir the chicken until it has a nice brown color. It will be the best chicken you have ever eaten. :-) tastes great over spinach in a salad. Enjoy!!
  • jella74
    jella74 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I cook for myself so this is for one serving. IF anyone knows how or knows where I can get a calorie conversion for this please message me! :)

Sweet & Spicy chicken & bell pepper stir fry

1 chicken breast
    1/2 bell pepper sliced or diced
    1/3 onion sliced or diced

(sauce)
    honey
    soy sauce
    red pepper flakes
    cayenne pepper

Directions:
    stir fry chicken til cooked, add bell pepper and onion and stir fry for 5 mins (i like my bell peppers to keep the crunch)
    add the sauce and simmer for 10mins (option to add water to steam the vegetables a bit OR to thin out the sauce).

Serve over rice is also optional
  • tlcangel97
    tlcangel97 Posts: 13
    Options
    bump
  • divalivious
    divalivious Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    This is a house favorite

Chicken stuffed with spinach quinoa mix.

http://therealbliss.com/2011/07/22/quinoa-and-spinach-stuffed-chicken-breasts/

The spinach quinoa mix is awesome alone will make just as a side dish too.

Edit forgot this one:

Honey mustard Chicken

http://www.eatcleandiet.com/the_kitchen_table/recipe/recipe.aspx?id=752
  • tmstebb
    tmstebb Posts: 13
    Options
    Chicken breasts with a jar of salsa, can of crushed pineapple, a little soy sauce, 1 med diced onion, a little sweet chili sauce.
    This can be cooked in a skillet or the crock pot.
  • PixEm
    PixEm Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I simply bake them and sprinkle on some fajitas seasoning. So good!
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Chicken Breast and kraut in a slow cooker !!!! cuts like butter!!!!
  • angrydolly
    angrydolly Posts: 22
    Options
    my easy go-to chicken recipe is ridiculously simple.

I always keep alcohol on hand for cooking (trust me, with the exception of the cooking tequila, none of it is drink worthy)

I cut the massively over sized boneless skinless chicken breasts in halves or quarters (I do not know any one human who can eat a piece of chicken the size they make them now)

cut up some fresh herb, cilantro, parsley, basil, whatever I have on hand.

cut up a fresh clove of garlic.

slap the chicken into some bread crumbs, (lightly, we aren't going for shake-n-bake style here)

drip some olive oil in a baking dish

put chicken in the pan, add some white wine, (usually a $6 chardonnay works best) and some rice vinegar, sprinkle the garlic and fresh herb on top, and bake.

I don't measure. I just add enough wine and rice vinegar for the chicken to have maybe a centimeter of liquid to sit in.

My other recipe, is to buy artichoke hearts in a jar, (italian seasoned ones usually) marinade some chicken breast chunks in italian dressing for an hour, add the artichokes, marinade for another hour, and then cook them up in a frying pan, and plop it on some rice.

simple, but delish. little skill required :)
  • Labtech718
    Labtech718 Posts: 3
    Options
    Try sprinkling a little of "Emeril's Original Essensce" and bake. I love this spice!
  • onyxcougar
    onyxcougar Posts: 22
    Options
    Totally Easy Super Salsa Chicken!

Preheat oven to 350

1 chicken breast per person
    1/4 cup of your favorite salsa per breast

Get a cookie sheet or baking dish, spray with olive oil spray
    put thawed (or fresh) chicken breast on the pan
    top with salsa.

Bake 45 minutes or until done.

Serve with drained black beans.

Can't be easier!
  • Brelynn
    Brelynn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump...lots of good ideas to try.
  • Mykaylaliz
    Mykaylaliz Posts: 193
    Options
    Nice to find these recipes. Now I just got to get a new oven lol
  • lucasnjewels
    lucasnjewels Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • capricorn0120
    capricorn0120 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Chicken stir fry with lots of veggies and brown rice. You can also do the stir fry and toss with whole wheat penne and mix in pesto. It's great either way and it tastes great.