When guys yell out the car and honk the horn at you..

Options

Replies

• victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I have never seen this happen in my entire life. I think it's just something that happens in the movies.

Come visit nyc and walk near any pretty girl.

In any city there are always horns going off. Doesn't mean it's for a girl.

So what about when its just the girl crossing the street at a red light being honked at then when they look the guy screams out the window "hey baby come here whats your name?!?"
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have never seen this happen in my entire life. I think it's just something that happens in the movies.

So what about when its just the girl crossing the street at a red light being honked at then when they look the guy screams out the window "hey baby come here whats your name?!?"

Right, I've been in plenty of cities and have never witnessed something like that.
  • Sksieger
    Sksieger Posts: 63
    Options
    :/
  • Sksieger
    Options
    I find that hard to believe. It happens all the time.
  • graves2102
    graves2102 Posts: 38
    Options
    It embarrasses me slightly, but also flatters me a little... the two cancel each other out and I end up just sighing and carrying on hahaha
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options

Right, I've been in plenty of cities and have never witnessed something like that.

So because you've never witnessed it, it's never happened? It really does happen alot- I think many guys do it when other people arent around though...no witnesses to their creepiness.
  • HURLEYX3RO
    HURLEYX3RO Posts: 269
    Options
    from my experience its never cute guys.

just old ugly ones that talk ghetto or dont speak english very well.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I tend to flic the v's. I dont even look. Which means I've flicked off my hubbie more than once.:laugh:
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I know they're not flirting with me, I know they're making fun of me.
    I rode my bike yesterday and today. Yesterday a group of guys gave me the "Heyyyyy baby" as they're giggling and laughing. And today someone yelled something at me. Don't remember what it was because I don't care. I think it's really freakin' juvenile. Seriously, you've never seen a fatty on a bike before?!

Browse for this topic "Hey Fat *kitten*, Get on the Sidewalk" and read my story about how a group of clowns yelled some stuff at me.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Honestly, a small part of me finds it flattering, another part finds it embarrassing, and a larger part finds it annoying.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    It's so uptight in here I'm having trouble breathing.

Saying rude things or making a dirty gesture is one thing, whistling is not even close. see a dr and get the stick removed from your rears.

If I was married to any of you I'd make sure not to allow scissors in the house for fear that I might lose a specific body part while I sleep.

For the record, I don't do this either. But if there was ever a need for a chill pill, this is it.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

It usually happens to women so that could be why. I live in a supposedly nice area too and have had that happen to me and its just flat out creepy. It happens to a lot of my friends too and none of them like it (at least they say they don't, after reading all this here maybe they secretly love it). I'm not wearing anything crazy or suggestive too. Jeans and a tshirt isn't anything for a dude to get all crazy over.

lol sorry I'm coming across as a little bitter too but its something that just annoys me so much. I went to an all girls hs when I was younger and we'd have guys waiting by the subway just to say "hey sweetie do you need a ride to school??" I'm sure they were probably potential pedophiles but when guys still do things like that now that's what it reminds me of.
  • Sksieger
    Options
    :)
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    in many parts of the world is considered an appreciation LOL in my younger days we would do it all the time and it was funny to see the girls try to hide the fact that they liked it
    Of course this was back home in Italy
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    No idea. Has never happened to me. :indifferent:
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I know they're not flirting with me, I know they're making fun of me.
    I rode my bike yesterday and today. Yesterday a group of guys gave me the "Heyyyyy baby" as they're giggling and laughing. And today someone yelled something at me. Don't remember what it was because I don't care. I think it's really freakin' juvenile. Seriously, you've never seen a fatty on a bike before?!

Browse for this topic "Hey Fat *kitten*, Get on the Sidewalk" and read my story about how a group of clowns yelled some stuff at me.

That's really sad. And totally immature. But I had a couple early 20-somethings drive by me and yell, "HOLY ****, YOU HAVE A HUGE FOREHEAD!" I've always been super insecure about my forehead and it totally killed my day, went home crying.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    This is a good one.

I remember posting not to long ago on my profile about how I did some push-ups in front of a group of construction workers for some laughs/attention (although... they were such kill joys about it). And the very next day when I changed up my walking route, and walked outside of my neighborhood by a busier road... I was cat-called 3 times within about 5 mins before turning around to go home out of annoyance.

When I ASK for attention it's one thing. When I'm minding my own business... it's a big F*** Y** to the d*** who are probably too chicken to say anything to my face but grow temporary balls when they are driving by in their car and ogling my *kitten*.
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    I'm raising my two boys (ages 14 and 9) to NOT treat woman as objects and that if they want to pay a lady a compliment, they should find another way besides whistling or wagging their tongues or making obscene gesters or pelvic thrusts at them.

"We whistle at dogs...not ladies."

I am far from a prude, but come on, fellas...would you want someone doing that to your daughter? :indifferent:
  • Sksieger
    Options
    :)
  • ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    I honestly dont give a *kitten* if someone yells at me while running or not, reguardless of whether it was good or bad. That's not what i'm out there for, besides I am wearing headphones and am in "the zone" so I wouldn't notice anyway.