When guys yell out the car and honk the horn at you..

Options

Replies

• poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    I would be more flattered if I caused a guy to double-take or stumble over himself as he was trying to get a good look. I'm just sayin' is all...
  • getskinnyby25
    getskinnyby25 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    haha I just laugh, it's funny! me and my friends used to yell at guys walking down the street...

now that i live in the city i get a lots of people making loud kissing noises when i walk past - this is just retarded, still makes me laugh though.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Now, are we using "guys" in an non gender specific role, cause I love it when young co-eds yell and honk their horns at me. Heck, at my age, I am flattered when anyone yells and honk their horns at me...lol.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    When people honk and yell at me, it is normally something bad. So, it is depressing at best... I try to ignore it
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I like feeling hot. but i hate that every fuxking guy on the goddamn planet has to rape me with thier greasy eyeballs.

lately, with a bit of weight loss & summer showing up (and clothes getting smaller) it's been relentless.

I had a friend who said "does it bother you that guys stare"
    I told him.. it didn't use to, but now it does. no one wants to be my friend, everyone just wants to fuxk me.
    same day he said "do you worry about the whiplash you cause drivers?"

i would probably miss it a bit if it stopped. but it's not anything to write home about...

yeah, you honk that horn and yell obnoxiously baby! man you know how to treat the ladies! better scoop you up before it's too late..

So, every guy that looks at you is raping you with their eyes? And you call someone else obnoxious? lol
  • khedl85
    khedl85 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    This has a lot of variables for me:

Is my grannie walking with me, where ill get an hour lecture on how god doesn't appreciate the sexiness of tank tops and sexy shoulders? Then it would suck and piss me off.

Am I with a friend with self esteem issues that's going to get all quiet and nasty with me because she thinks it was strictly for me? Then it would suck.

Am I alone and feelin particularly good that day? --if the guy is hot, and isn't a pig about it game on my friend!
    -if he's a pig and saying things I don't care for, it would suck and piss me off.

Am I in my b*tch mood? -maybe it would suck, and make me angry, maybe it would turn my day around.

After reading this I sound like a mood swing time bomb. If he's a nice guy, cowboy hat he tips, and says something along the lines of "hey pretty lady" I would melt. But my odds are slim.
  • Thir13en
    Thir13en Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like feeling hot. but i hate that every fuxking guy on the goddamn planet has to rape me with thier greasy eyeballs.

lately, with a bit of weight loss & summer showing up (and clothes getting smaller) it's been relentless.

I told him.. it didn't use to, but now it does. no one wants to be my friend, everyone just wants to fuxk me.

i would probably miss it a bit if it stopped. but it's not anything to write home about...

yeah, you honk that horn and yell obnoxiously baby! man you know how to treat the ladies! better scoop you up before it's too late..

So, every guy that looks at you is raping you with their eyes? And you call someone else obnoxious? lol

lol. no. i'm just a pretty aggressive talker anyways

but yes, blatently running your 40+ age difference eyes over what could be your daughters body with no acknowledgement to me or the fact that i'm a human being standing 5 feet from you and can CLEARLY SEE YOU STARING at me. then yes, thats prettty fuxking obnoxious. lol
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options

but yes, blatently running your 40+ age difference eyes over what could be your daughters body with no acknowledgement to me or the fact that i'm a human being standing 5 feet from you and can CLEARLY SEE YOU STARING at me. then yes, thats prettty fuxking obnoxious. lol

That's just being old. When i'm old I'm going to be creepy and not giving a damn either. Because who cares? I'm about to die.
  • patty43ck
    patty43ck Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I remember that when I am in my 80's and 90's, I might miss this. I smile and if the person was polite, nod in their direction.

When I was at one of my heaviest weights, a fellow stopped me one day, very politely, and said, "Ma'am, I just have to tell you, you are one of the sexiest women I have ever seen." I thanked him and told him that he made my day. I was very overweight, but still took time to make myself put together. But the biggest part of it was that I was in a good mood already when he said that. I was smiling, I looked approachable and I was comfortable with myself. Confidence really is attractive. Did I know this myself, sure...was it nice to have it validated by another human...of course!

No matter your size, you will never be this young again...whether you are 20 or 30 or 70...you will never be this young again, embrace it, enjoy it, have fun with it!

THIS!!

Plus I just think it is silly and funny when guys yell stuff! I used to get alot of comments about my booty and I would just either smile, wink or wave. It kind of stops them in their tracks because they want you to be embarrassed...so when you own it...it throws them off and they either get embarrassed themselves or they just move on to the next person. I don't see what the big deal is!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Next time ask if he knows Betty White. It may be a practical joke. ;-)
  • CookieCrumble
    CookieCrumble Posts: 221 Member
    Options

That's just being old. When i'm old I'm going to be creepy and not giving a damn either. Because who cares? I'm about to die.

... and that could be sooner than you think if you don't reign in the 'creepiness'... it's much less forgiveable when you have the 'crepeyness' to go with it. :laugh:

Disclaimer: I love 'silver foxes', I really do. If Donald Sutherland were to shout of a window at me, I'd forgive him... but he wouldn't, because he's a gentleman and that's why he's my pin-up. :love:
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options

A couple years ago, I was in the grocery store and I turned around and this guy had come out of nowhere and was standing right behind me. He told me I have a "very pretty shape." A little creepy, but still awesome.

I was in Walmart a few months back and passed some guy as I was exiting off an aisle. I got about 5 feet away and heard, "You're beautiful" come from his direction. I turned and looked back and he was staring at me. *skin crawls* It was just creepy the way he said it and how he was looking at me. Besides - being called beautiful in Walmart (of all places) is hardly an accomplishment. lol
  • rml_16
    Options

A couple years ago, I was in the grocery store and I turned around and this guy had come out of nowhere and was standing right behind me. He told me I have a "very pretty shape." A little creepy, but still awesome.

I was in Walmart a few months back and passed some guy as I was exiting off an aisle. I got about 5 feet away and heard, "You're beautiful" come from his direction. I turned and looked back and he was staring at me. *skin crawls* It was just creepy the way he said it and how he was looking at me. Besides - being called beautiful in Walmart (of all places) is hardly an accomplishment. lol

I got asked on a date there. This guy got behind me in line and started a conversation with me. Turned out we both work for the state, but I can't remember all the details. He came out and walked past my car as I was loading groceries and asked me to lunch sometime.

He actually wasn't all that creepy, but I live with someone, so it was a no go, regardless.
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options

I got asked on a date there. This guy got behind me in line and started a conversation with me. Turned out we both work for the state, but I can't remember all the details. He came out and walked past my car as I was loading groceries and asked me to lunch sometime.

He actually wasn't all that creepy, but I live with someone, so it was a no go, regardless.

If you were single would you have said yes? I wonder if people would laugh at a couple if they asked where they met and the answer was Walmart? haha Ok - I'll stop hating on Walmart now. ;)
  • rml_16
    Options

If you were single would you have said yes? I wonder if people would laugh at a couple if they asked where they met and the answer was Walmart? haha Ok - I'll stop hating on Walmart now. ;)

Probably not. He wasn't creepy, but I wasn't attracted, either. It was just nice to be able to let him down easy with an "I'm not available." I always feel bad saying no when a guy puts himself out like that.

I think if I were single and a guy I was attracted to and seemed decent asked me out in the Walmart parking lot, I'd say yes. It would make a funny story, for sure.
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    It most definitely depends on what the guy is yelling. If it's a compliment, sure I would be flattered. But, if it is something rude, (which sometimes you don't know for sure, because you can't understand them), then I'm just thinking "What a DUMB-*kitten*". After all, it's kind of "chicken-sh1t" to yell an insult out of your car window. It's easy to insult someone, going down the road, inside a vehicle, for cover and fast get-way! Those kind of guys are just "pu$$ies"!

I use to live along a highway, and whenever I would be outside, and a semi-truck would drive by, the guy would always honk. So that one's up-in-the-air. Compliment - maybe?!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    usually scares the crap out of me and then I laugh.
  • MadeInHeaven83
    Options
    I agree it depends on what they are yelling...I don't mind being whistled at, but I have bright red hair, and once this one guy made a big deal of leaning out his window and yelling "Nice HAIR, redhair!" and before I could stop myself I yelled back, "Nice *kitten*, *kitten*."
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I live in the city (Atlanta) and I get this constantly... stopped when I'm walking wish comments that are sexist and disgusting. It has never once made me feel good. It only serves to make me want to disappear, and in high school, I lost enough weight and almost did.

Street harassment is NOT OKAY. If I'm going to the bank, it's to do banking, not to hear you make a comment about my thighs or tell me I"m sexy. I am not there for you to comment on. No, it's not a compliment. It makes me feel like ****.
  • mrsRhughes
    mrsRhughes Posts: 122
    Options
    This drives me crazy for a few reasons!! First of all, what do people expect you to DO when they honk ... wave and smile? Give them the finger? I try to ignore it and just stare straight ahead, but I end up feeling like an idiot. lol. Also I almost ALWAYS run with my son in a jogging stroller ... and it just bugs me that people can't leave you alone and just let you do your thing. I also live in a golf community, and around my 5-mile loop there are 4 golf courses and tons of men crossing the road in golf carts soooo it's pretty inevitable that the honking will happen!