• Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    My work day goes so fast with these topics :wink:
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    50 shades of grey!!!! READ IT!!!

A couple other options - Something Blue, Something Borrowed(short story collections), the Sleeping Beauty trilogy, the Black Dagger Brotherhood (vampires) and lots more!

Don't read the Sleeping Beauty trilogy and then do 30 Day Shred, though...because when you're doing the high knees, you'll be thinking about a certain scene from the book and it'll ruin your concentration :laugh:

LMBO!!! I will keep that in mind!!!!

LOL i just finished the Sleeping Beauty Trilogy already read of the Sookie Stackhouse books and moving on to 50 shades of Grey necy. Im a dirty girl living in a dirty world.. of literature! haha :bigsmile:

Yes, but the literature provides some FANTASTIC ideas :wink:

Yes......yes it does.....

I hate you all right now :laugh:

Batteries girl - batteries!
    Or - left or right - just sayin. . . .

Yes, but BOB can't tie me up or....well :blushing:

:laugh:
  • JenVii
    JenVii Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Definitely me 90% of the time. When he initiates I never turn him down unless it is that time of the month. I have a very strong libido. It really sucks now because he is working in Dutch Harbor, AK and I am in Illinois. I only get to see him every 3 months for a month. He is getting better about not turning me down but it hurts when he does.

Jen
  • MachellePhillips
    MachellePhillips Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My husband initiates. Someone else told me to read 50 Shades.....
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    The Kushiel's Dart series of books is a good one too.......... kinda dark, but damn it will get the blood flowin.
  • CherokeeTopaz
    CherokeeTopaz Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Me!! lol And now that I'm pregnant hubby doesn't want it at all.. and I don't know how much longer I'm gonna put up with it. I mean I'd be fine with it if he didn't want it during the first pregnancy either.. but we still did it then. :/ I'd say make a date night once a week or once or twice a month for you to initiate. I understand how it can feel. :/
  • abberbabber
    Options
    The Kushiel's Dart series of books is a good one too.......... kinda dark, but damn it will get the blood flowin.

I googled...and I'm fascinated. Thanks for the info!
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Keep the books coming...whoa...my hubby is going to be a happy man when I am done with him!!!!
  • Braymoor1976
    Options
    I almost always initiate and then I tell him I want him to initiate and then he does and then I say you are only doing that cause I told you too! HAHAHA --on a more serious note, I think most women would be quite happy to initiate if all thru the day they felt loved and felt special--its no fun to have your breast grabbed and very little foreplay--gotta be more to it!!
  • lolcatftw
    lolcatftw Posts: 36
    Options
    I am [almost] always the initiator and it's awesome! :D It helps that my gf is so damn sexy!!! I'm sorry this doesn't add much to the discussion, and I really don't mean to brag. Just stating the facts. Maybe the idea has crossed my mind in the course of our 4 years but that's just thinking like a little b**ch, resulting from [temporary] poor self-image. Hey, we all have bad days, no? Damn, now that I think about it, I hope she doesn't wise up and realize that I'm not inherently sexy like she is! NOOOOOO!!!! *lol*

Anyway, for your sake, I hope it's just a temporary hump and things work themselves out. Maybe he'll grow to be a confident initiator...
  • mmildice
    mmildice Posts: 63
    Options
    Most men don't express their feelings well. Consider yourself lucky he said something to you rather then just go somewhere else to get what he needs. What you do with that information is up to you. :)

On a semi related note... dating services should just throw all the rules away and match couples based on libido. Couples would probably be happier.

I dont think that would work..Libido's change over time. When my husband and I first got together 8 years ago, I wanted it all of the time. I got frustrated about getting turned down all of the time so I stopped trying. Now I've had surgery the first of the year and he wants it all of the time and I wish I did as well but just dont have the desire i once did. Life changes sometimes for the good and sometimes for the bad. I am trying to work on it tho
  • abberbabber
    Options
    Keep the books coming...whoa...my hubby is going to be a happy man when I am done with him!!!!

Yea, the next guy I'm intimate with after the divorce is going to be thanking you all....
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    We both do. We make it a point to flirt all the time so sometimes I don't even know who's started it. He is very aware that I'm attracted to him and want him and I know he wants me too. It is important in a marriage. We've been together for more than 23 years total and have four kids, lots going on and plenty of stress but we make it a point to flirt and spend time together. You can't expect your relationship to flourish (in any area) if you don't put any energy into it.
  • losermomof3
    Options

Yea, the next guy I'm intimate with after the divorce is going to be thanking you all....

LMBO!!!!

Well...I am getting very antsy and impatient..hubby is on his way home and I dont think I am going to be able to wait much longer!!!!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Used to be 50-50. I was especially fond of the sneak-attack when he got home from work.
  • losermomof3
    Options
    We both do. We make it a point to flirt all the time so sometimes I don't even know who's started it. He is very aware that I'm attracted to him and want him and I know he wants me too. It is important in a marriage. We've been together for more than 23 years total and have four kids, lots going on and plenty of stress but we make it a point to flirt and spend time together. You can't expect your relationship to flourish (in any area) if you don't put any energy into it.

I AGREE!!!!!
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Pretty even in our relationship :love: :love: :love:
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Me. 90% of the time.
  • AmyS79
    AmyS79 Posts: 65
    Options
    Agree after 16 years and he is willing to leave you over sex. Maybe he needs to reword his needs instead of a threat.
  • kristalfrissy
    kristalfrissy Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Seriously? WAKE UP! This is your husband straight telling you what he needs in your relationship.

Just hearing the words "give in" from you screams for help in the sack and your relationship as a whole. You have to remember there needs to be a balance. He Needs more from you than being a turtle on your back.

Are you speaking to me? Kinda harsh.I don't remember using those words because I don't "give in" because there doesn't have to be any coaxing. He tells me where he wants me and I'm there. I just don't intiate. And I have stood by him through meth addiction, opiate addiction, nicotine addiction and alcoholism so I think our relationship is fine except that this one need "needs" more attention.