My first MFP rant..

Options

Replies

• livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    That recipe looks good. I am sorry you started off on here like that. I closed my food diary also for similar reasons. Good luck to your goals!
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Yeah I agree with the others... you just picked up some bad friends! My diary has been open to my friends since day 1 and I have never had anyone say anything bad...and I sometimes eat bad stuff lol Like the others said, you just need to dump the bad seeds and find some new friends! Feel free to add me...I have awesome friends that you can choose new ones from too :bigsmile:
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the recipe! It sounds amazing. I am going to make it AND I am going to eat it for breakfast!! :) Good luck!

I read an article saying that some people do better by eating dessert first. Satisfying their desire for sweets early on helps them control their appetite. Cheesecake for breakfast sounds like a similar concept, and it was a healthy recipe. Obviously, she knows she can't have cheesecake every meal.

Has anyone here ever had a cheese danish for breakfast? Not very different nutritionally from cheesecake.

It looked like a good recipe. I'd never make it because I'd end up eating the whole cheesecake. For me, it would be better to go to a coffee shop and order one slice.
  • naomicp
    naomicp Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I hope you dont mind, but im bumping this for your amazing recipe. Im a huge cheesecake fan and your recipe sounds fabulous.

As for all those people who had the nerve to comment about your diary and your goals......please ignore them! they obviously have nothing better to do with their time. Lets hope that they never truly need or get the support us MF *PALS's* are happy to share.

good luck in succeeding in your goals :-)
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am so gonna make this cheesecake! Sounds delicious. Can someone tell me what 'dates' are, in this recipe I mean?

Edit: found it! Thanks (English is not my first language...)

I am also curious about the dates. I know what they are, - dried fruit (sorry, that's the best explaination I can give), but my question is the AMOUNT of dates in the recipe. It says 2 dates. Does that literally mean 2 of the small dates that you buy in a box or does that mean 2 fresh dates...?
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    thanx 4 sharing the recipe!
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for the better part of 10 months now. And this is the first - THE VERY FIRST - "rant" post that I ever saw NOT erupt into bloodshed. I didn't think it was possible, but you did it. Are you magic? On the one hand, it totally ruined my morning fishing for drama. On the other hand, it came with cheesecake. You ARE magic!
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Here is the recipe:
    Crust:
    1/2 cup pecans
    1/4 cup almonds
    1/4 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
    1 tablespoon cacao or carob powder
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    2 dates
    1 tablespoon agave

Put everything except for agave in a food processor and blend until everything is mixed well.
    Add agave, blend until it turns into a sticky paste.
    Press the paste onto the bottom of a springform pan.

Filling:
    2 cups blueberries. If frozen make sure it's at room tem.
    1 cup cashews, ground
    7 tablespoon melted coconut oil
    1/4 cup agave
    1 tablespoon lemon juice

Blend everything. Pour onto the crust. Chill or freeze until the filling is hard.

Just added you, replacing the bad eggs with the awesome ones :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

THANK YOU for an awesome recipe!!!! I love raw desserts!!!! SOOOOO good and you CAN eat them for breakfast because they are good for you!!!

Don't pay attention to the idiots who make comments like that!!! I am appalled! I don't care if you are a supermodel who doesn't need to lose an ounce - you have every right to be on here!!! I don't know why people go through other peoples diaries randomly (I get it when you are ASKING for help). It's like they need something to complain about!!

Purge your friend list of anyone who is less than supportive to you, and load it up with people who care about seeing every person get FIT!!!! You are doing great!!!
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Recipe sounds great, though I seem to be missing cheese--I love all the nuts. I'll have to try it.

Your rant explains exactly why I don't have any friends. I'm basically doing this for me and not for anyone else.

Good luck on your quest to get healthy!
  • abigailhutch
    abigailhutch Posts: 101
    Options
    Wow! I would hate to have someone comment like that! I'm all about good advise on here! and encouragement! I don't want you to judge me, just love me for me! Sorry you have had to deal with that! Thanks for sharing the recipe! I am totally going to have to try that!
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Sadly, rude people are everywhere. Funny thing is, most don't realize they are rude. Keep logging and getting healthier...and good job at cutting those "high caloric" (haha) friends. ;)
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why my diary is closed...I don't want some random person I don't know judging me on the 2 cupcakes I had each day this weekend! :bigsmile: Or trying to give me advice on my diet...
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    aw, that sucks big fat ones that "friends" are not supportive of you. I eat whatever the eff I want and not one of my friends knocks my food choices. I know what I am doing here and I know what my goal is as I'm sure you do, so I think you did the right thing by deleting these judgemental people.
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I pick friends on their attitude not goals

If they think a lot like me they will get the point even if they are at a different stage of progress and don't quite agree

tbh for eg: at my pretty much ideal weight I generally find the attitude and thought processes of a 250lb er winds me up

People I listen to tend to point out the good and then maybe just correct.. like "Cheesecake for breakfast I wish, or do you have a secret recipe :)"
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Just try to remember that old adage that our mothers always said to us "who cares what they think".

I have learned what I call 'selective' caring. I try to only care about what people say if they are important to me. I have a select few 'regulars' that I banter my posts back and forth with. I understand them, they understand me. It works.

You are right...you are doing this for you. So to hell with what people think, open up your food diary and don't think about them again. If they are rude, delete them.

An kudos to you if you can eat cheesecake for breakfast when some people can't. They say its better to eat sweets in the morning anyway so that you have all day to burn it off!

Chin up girl and keep up the good work!

;)
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I, like you, am on here to meet my own goals. My food diary is private, for obvious reasons. I try to be as honest with my food and exercise diary as I can be, not to impress anyone else, but because if I misuse the tools, I'm only cheating myself.

Ignore the Food Nazis. They are unhappy people who have to try t obring everybody else down.

Feel free to friend me, if you like. I am about as non-judgmental as you could want, feeling that a) people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, and b) I should focus on sweeping around my own back door. :wink:
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    So this post is kind of pointless, I realize, but like the title says, it's just a rant..

I'm pretty new on MFP and have been following the forums and somewhat participating in them, and understand that there are people whose opinions naturally differ from one another. Some topics, especially those that are controversial usually end up turning ugly and that's expected on a public internet forum. I understand that when you post something asking for opinions, you naturally get a variety of opinions. This I have no problem with...

What I've been having a problem with is some "friends" who've recently added me have PM'd me, trying to give me advice I didn't ask for and in a very condescending way.
    First one was a message saying and I quote "What exactly are you doing on MFP? You only weigh 125, are you here for attention? Just curious."
    Do I have to be dangerously overweight to want to get healthy? To want to look better? How is my profile begging for attention? Have I posted anything asking for attention? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
    Yes I deleted this person, problem solved but nevertheless it was unexpected and annoying.

Second one was about my food diary that is (or used to be until today) open to everyone.
    This morning I entered in "raw cheesecake", my own recipe. Ingredients are almonds, pecans, agave, dates, coconuts, blueberries, coconut oil and cashews, about 350 cals, full of healthy fats, vitamins and fibers.
    One of my friends saw that I ate "cheesecake" and had the nerve to message me and say again I quote "Well if you're going to have cheesecake for breakfast why do you choose to share your diary with people who are actually trying to be healthy?"
    1. Did I ask for your opinion?
    2. Do you even know what the ingredients were for what you thought was unhealthy? Much healthier than the white bread and breakfast sausage you had this morning. Just who exactly are you to judge me?
    3. Even if I had a 1000 calorie slice of regular cheesecake, how is what I eat your business? I'm logging for myself, and my diary is open for the times that I might need help or advice.

This person is also deleted but I mean who does this? Is everyone on here so healthy that my 1 slice of cheesecake that isn't even a cheesecake bother someone?

Just blogged about this yesterday! Adding you!
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Hey Hun

I have also come across people like that too. i can weigh anything from 118lbs to 135lbs but i like to keep healthy and in shape where possible.
    Sometimes i hit a wall and gain a few lbs but who doesnt? its part of life.
    Id just delete anyone that you feel is being unsupportive or not friendly, i have a small number of friends on here but they are great, any idiots just get deleted lol.

And that cheesecake recipe sounds great. Thanks for sharing.
    If you would like a support friend around a similar weight, feel free to add me :)

Stacey xxx
  • nordina
    nordina Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hehehe ok i smiled then laughed when reading your post....some people are so weird ....and I agree who's business is it if you decided to drink rye and eat cheese cake for breakfast....I guess the term "friends" is loose on here. Add me if you like, I like your humor and attitude and btw the cheesecake recipe looks good, in fact we should dub one day "eat cheese cake for breakfast day" LOL.....
  • AnnMarie518
    AnnMarie518 Posts: 93
    Options
    Well, those comments were rather rude and unsupportive! Everyone has different needs, everyone has a different reason why they are on here. Some want to watch calories like me, others watch fat and/or salt etc... Everyone also has a different body type and has different focus depending on that. We are all different, yet we can be supportive of what others are going thru.

I think cheesecake sounds great! Love it myself. The fact that you had all those healthy ingredients is a huge bonus! Good for you! You are keeping in your own personal goals, without denying yourself what you enjoy eating! I have to agree that those who made those comments are just jealous that they havent found a way to do that yet!