ONE MAJOR PET PEEVE ABOUT MFP

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I use MFP and I'm trying to *gain* weight.

I wonder how the OP feels about me.
  • LuneBleu85
    LuneBleu85 Posts: 217
    Options
    ** adds popcorn to food diary **
    :laugh:
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Somebody PLEASE pass me the popcorn :noway:

YUM!!!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I get soooo annoyed seeing someone on here that wants to lose 5 pounds. REALLY?! Come on. Especially, when people are here trying to lose hundreds of pounds. I'm all about getting healthy & maintaining but a 5 pound goal?

:tongue: *Keep your hate mail, it's just my opinion* :glasses:

If it was an opinion about your own attempts to lose 5 pounds that's cool. But you need to also realise that losing 5% of our body weight is realistic goal- no matter how many pounds that equals.

Ive been trying to lose 11 pounds for two years. Is my presence here an insult to people who are trying to lose 100 pounds?

tumblr_lm1szyOi4t1qbu7b1o1_500.gif
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I guess the thing about only wanting to lose five pounds, is that what these people really want is to look lean and trim... meaning they're better off strength training and some light cardio than they are calorie counting. Still, calorie counting is a useful tool for people regardless of their fitness goals, so it doesn't really bother me.

Just because someone is trying to lose 100lb, doesn't mean the other person who only has 10 or so is in the wrong being on the site. I only have about lbs to lose (and everyone insisted I looked fine at my start weight). No need to trash talk people who are just trying to better themselves.
  • FTClown
    FTClown Posts: 181
    Options
    My pet peeve is people who have a problem with others who are just trying to stay fit. Have it be five lbs or 100 lbs, to each their own, as many have said this is "MyFItnessPal" not "MyWeightLossPal"
  • PrincessMom08
    PrincessMom08 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    troll-web.jpg
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    My Major Pet Peeve is people who think their goal is more important than someone elses. Maybe they've already lost 100, and only have 5 to go.

What an *kitten*.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    When they let just anyone post on the forums, there should be an exam, interview and a final closing 18 page essay describing the topic.

:)

Also your opinion sucks.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I get soooo annoyed seeing someone on here that wants to lose 5 pounds. REALLY?! Come on. Especially, when people are here trying to lose hundreds of pounds. I'm all about getting healthy & maintaining but a 5 pound goal?

The last 5 are the hardest to lose, my friend...
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I only 5 left to lose! Ive lost 23 and recently reset my ticker! Guess I should be kicked off MFP!

Oh but when I get back from vacation on the 13th! Ill prolly have 10 to lose....so I guess I'll be safe then!
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    shots fired!!
  • hallie_b
    hallie_b Posts: 181
    Options
    I give in...
    *leaving to find orville*
    See, you are horrible people ruining my food diary!!!
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

Yeah you accidentally stumbled upon myFITNESSpal.com. I think you wanted myWEIGHTLOSSpal.com... common mistake.
  • rebewck
    rebewck Posts: 14
    Options
    According to WebMD 30 mins of sex burns about 90 calories, I added it to my exercises, because everything counts!! There's an article on there that lays out about how many calories different things burn, making out, etc...
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Its a fitness website and everyone has the right to have their own goal. If you should be peeved at anything is all the forums that have nothing to do with fitness and the people who do nothing here but use it as a social website. What about those who post pics of "accomplishments" and its not what they really look like. Be peeved about that!
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 5 pounds...well, and then some!
  • peasantgirly
    peasantgirly Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I only need to lose 5 pounds. 5 off my right arm and 5 off my left. 5 off my right butt cheek and 5 off my left... 5 off my right boob and 5 ...well maybe not off my boobs, but y'all get the idea!
  • Insanity2bSane
    Insanity2bSane Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Why waste any of your energy on what other people are doing? Focus on your own issues.
    I only have a small amount left to lose, but I lost plenty before joining. I am trying to make sure I get enough protein and let the last couple of pounds come off whenever they do.
    [Totally agree with you. Last 5 pounds are the hardest. Also 5 pounds may not make a dfference on someone that is big, but for someone that is 5 feet tall it make a really big difference.]
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options

I once posted this exact same pet peeve, cause I saw a real skinny girl trying to lose 2 pounds....
    and I got crucifixed!, ppl just saying I was jealous and blah blah blah.. Glad to know im not the only one with this thought on mind

Pretty sure you mean crucified. Unless you became a crucifix....

oh my bad... thanks for noticing my error.. Grammar police always rocks!

I only correct those with completely retarded comments. Such as the above.

way to get in there with the personal insults, it just gets better.

posts like these make such good reading I couldn't help myself.

:drinker:
This discussion has been closed.