Summer Challenge

Options

Replies

• misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Little bit of a set-back this week with health but I shall conquer this too. I have increased fruit and veggie intake. I had 2 good cardio days. so far this week.. Good LucK everyone!

I wanted to share another recipe with the group:

Shredded Chicken Taco Meat

Number of servings 8

Ingredients
    Perdue - Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breast, 16 oz (113 g)

Rotel (Usa) - Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, 1 container (1 3/10 cup (125g)

Old El Paso - Low Sodium Original Taco Seasoning Mix, 1 container (12 teaspoons (6g) ea.)

Kraft - Philadelphia 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese , 0.5 container (14 tbsp (28 g) ea.)
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sugar
    Total: 878 48 29 106 19
    Per Serving: 110 6 4 13 2

Mix all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours. Shred with a fork and serve on a wrap, or with tostitos or on taco shells.

I served this on Mission Carb Balance tortillas as a wrap for lunch. If you do that add in the extra calories for the wrap.

Mission - Carb Balance Flour Tortillas Medium , 1 tortilla
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    The spreadsheet is currently updated. It will be posted tomorrow and people who didn't weigh in this week will be removed from the spreadsheet to make it more manageable. I will still have all the originals, so if you come back later I can readd.
    Thank you for organizing this group!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    CW: 205lbs

Goals for June:
    - Lose 6 lbs (199 lbs and under 200!!! )
    - Work out at least 4x a week
    - Drink 10 glasses of water a day
    - Eat every 3hrs
    - Eat all calories and maybe some exercise cals (dont want to go into starvation mode)

-I was able to drink 8 glasses of water most days and 10 glasses two of the days.
    -I did Dance central instead of my normal BBL Cardio Axe. And that was a nice break/change in my routine.
    -I was also able to stay under my calories the whole week. Yaay!!!

CW: 204lbs (-1) 5lbs to go for June
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    SW: 214.5 (05-29-12)
    CW:214.5 (06-05-12)
    GW: 199

06-05-12
    Fruit/Veg- I had grapes and watermelon for breakfast, carrots, cabbage, onions, peppers for lunch
    Cardio- Not yet today
    Recipe- Cauliflower pizza crust

06-06-12
    Fruit/Veg- spinach and avacado for lunch, banana for snack, grapes, apple, strawberry
    Cardio-No
    Recipe-Done

06-07-12
    Fruit/Veg-Carrots, carrots and more carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, oranges, grapes
    Cardio-Not yet
    Recipe-Done
  • sunshinedean
    sunshinedean Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP is this challenge open? If you are accepting new people, I would love to join. I do better when I am challenged and when I have to be accountable. let me know.... thank you:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • chichi128
    chichi128 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    So far so good this week!

I've already done 2 days of cardio have been eating fruit and veggies every day ( veggies arent my problem the fruit intake is but i've been having an apple a day!) and i posted my recipe the 1st day!

Cant wait to see what my loss is (fingers crossed) on tuesday and for the new challenges!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
  • jillmarie48
    jillmarie48 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Lost 2 pounds. Did good on food, bad on water.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Not a good day today. Group leader at my sons track and field day today, so never got any cardio in. Did manage to get a major sunburn thou - lol. I also ate really crappy today. Will get back at the cardio tom, and back to watching what goes into the mouth. Never really had any fruits or veggies yest, but was snacking on some grapes at track. Will try to do better at that tom and the rest of the week. Can't wait to see the chart. Hope everyone is having a great day.
  • branohockey
    branohockey Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My win today? My son broke his controller so instead of driving to the video store... we walked. 2.3 miles one way for a 4.6 mile trip and 719 calories. Yay us! I needed it too because as the last day of school was today we had a fun lunch at the kids school but that also included take out. So by 5:00 I only had 300ish calories left (and that was after my morning treadmill routine!!). I could have made that work, but I love to eat and my stomach actually growled on the way home from work. My solution is to exercise so I could satisfy my hunger today.

Keep it up!!!

MarieB
  • naasirab
    naasirab Posts: 43
    Options
    I would like to join in this challenge as well!

Im 5'6
    SW: 149lb (5/23)
    CW: 147lb (5/30)
    GW: 128lb ~By Sept 16!~

This week's weigh in was still 147 :/ (but I've been bloated and I'm sure its PMS induced or all the carbs I've been eating)

~I am eating between 1200-1700 cals a day.. depending on how much exercise I do that day.
    ~I do cardio for an hour on the elliptical, 45 min Spinning class, or an hour of Zumba (burning between 400-600 cals) 5-6 days a week
    ~Trying to up my weight training to twice a week
  • meeaham
    meeaham Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! So here is my update:

Challenges this week:

FRUIT/VEGETABLE: I got some veggies in today but no fruit. Will work on that tomorrow!
    CARDIO: Did 77 minutes of cardio today!
    RECIPE:

Single Ingredient Ice Cream from The Kitchn
    http://userealbutter.com/2010/08/12/single-ingredient-ice-cream-recipe/

4 bananas, just slightly overripe (brown spots good, completely black not so good)
    2 tbsps creamy peanut butter (optional – thus 2 ingredient ice cream)
    2 tsps cocoa powder (Dutch process), (optional – thus 2 or 3 ingredient ice cream depending on peanut butter)

DO NOT FREEZE THE WHOLE BANANA, you’ll have a heck of a time blending that beast.

Peel the bananas and slice them up into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick disks. Place the banana slices in the freezer for about an hour or until they are frozen solid. Put the frozen slices in a food processor and pulse. First they will start to resemble gravel, but keep going. The bananas will soon turn into a frozen mush – at this point, start scraping the sides down (you will do this a lot). Or you could add a dash of milk since the liquid will help the blending. I’m lactose-intolerant, so after a few minutes of stopping to scrape the sides down, the banana begins to blend into a creamy texture. When the bananas look like whipped ice cream, you can add your mix-ins like peanut butter and/or cocoa powder, chocolate chips, toffee, raspberries, anything goes! Straight out of the food processor, the ice cream is like soft serve. You can also freeze it for a firmer texture. I find it’s pretty hard (and therefore, brittle) when I scoop it immediately after removing it from the freezer. Just give it a minute or two to soften up. Makes a pint.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've been super busy today! The spreadsheet will be up tomorrow!
  • zerbe6982
    zerbe6982 Posts: 68
    Options
    CHALLENGES:
    - Increase your FRUIT/VEGETABLE intake this week
    - Get 30 minutes of CARDIO at least 4 days this week
    - Share a RECIPE with the group

6/5 Update:
    Vegetables - No; This is going to be my weakness this week
    Cardio - Yes; Elliptical - 40 minutes
    Recipe - Crockpot Chicken Santa Fe by Closet Cooking (page 2 of thread)
    6/6 Update:
    Vegetables - No; This is going to be my weakness this week
    Cardio - Yes; Yoga - 60 minutes
    6/7 Update:
    Vegetables - Yes; Finally, I had tomatoes, pickles and avocado
    Cardio - Yes; Elliptical - 40 minutes
  • empeyl
    empeyl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Summer Challenge week 1:

Challenge SW 5/29: 158
    Current Weight 6/5: 157 (1 pound lost!)
    Challenge GW:143

what do all these abreviations mean?
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Summer Challenge week 1:

Challenge SW 5/29: 158
    Current Weight 6/5: 157 (1 pound lost!)
    Challenge GW:143

what do all these abreviations mean?

SW - starting weight
    CW - current weight
    GW - goal weight
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Don't forget your challenges!

CHALLENGES:
    - Increase your FRUIT/VEGETABLE intake this week
    - Get 30 minutes of CARDIO at least 4 days this week
    - Share a RECIPE with the group

The spreadsheet is up! You can see it here: https://docs.google.com/a/u.pacific.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au1jrXpKSwMddFU3SVFjYm5RLTN4NGxkbERydXRFcFE#gid=0
    It will be updated every week and I will repost the link every week.

Congratulations to the biggest losers this week!

1. cateyes0831 - 7.4
    2. livextoxrun - 6
    3. chichi128 & jenniferv1986 - 5
    4. abby1176 - 4.2
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the biggest losers!!!!
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I am in!!

SW: 214.5
    GW: 199

I want to be under 200!!

Inskydiamonds-- I got left off of the spreadsheet :-( lol. can i get added on? Here is my original post from page 7. And my weight is the same. I checked in on Tuesday and it hasnt changed. Thank you
  • meeaham
    meeaham Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting up the spreadsheet inskydiamonds! I have it bookmarked on my laptop. =)

Congrats to the biggest losers!!!

My results for today:

FRUIT/VEGETABLE: Ate a pear for breakfast, had plenty of greens for lunch, and made myself a fruit smoothie after my workout!
    CARDIO: Did 40 minutes of cardio today!
    RECIPE: Already posted on page 3

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
  • Cateyes0831
    Cateyes0831 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    :happy: