30 Day Shred - June!

Options

Replies

• threedaysfromyou
    Options
    Today was my first day of Level 2! So far I've lost an inch each from my waist, hips, and thighs, with a .2% change in body fat. Very exciting!
  • krbates84
    krbates84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 1 Day 10 today (woo hoo!) and my husband commented on how my face/neck look thinner so I measured just around my neck (waiting til end for final results I think)...and I've already lost 1 1/2 inches!!! Keep it up everyone it will be worth it!
  • Lmacpherson114
    Options
    I've just completed day 5 of level 1... about to go take some measurements... see if there's any progress!

*nervousness*
  • kesiarosanna
    Options
    started yesterday, loving it! feel free to add
  • Kellylovesricky
    Kellylovesricky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 2 done! Lord those planks uuggghhh! The plank twists at the end are my undoing! I can get through the entire rest of the workout fine but those last moves kill me! I am definitely seeing a difference in my body!! My clothes fit better, my stomach is flatter and my muffin top is so much less! That's keeping me motivated.

I really thought level 1 was a great work out, but level 2 makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something great!
  • Kellylovesricky
    Options
    I'm on Level 1 Day 10 today (woo hoo!) and my husband commented on how my face/neck look thinner so I measured just around my neck (waiting til end for final results I think)...and I've already lost 1 1/2 inches!!! Keep it up everyone it will be worth it!

Great job!
  • TaxGirlxo
    TaxGirlxo Posts: 27
    Options
    Got through day 3 of Shred Level 1, but have a question for you morning exercisers.

How do you get up in the morning? How do you make yourself get out of that warm comfy bed.

I am definitely a lover of sleeping in, since my work is only 10 minutes away from my house. But, by the time I get home I'm exhausted and keep pushing back the workout until 7, 8, or 9pm at night.

I'm going to try to get up in the mornings and do the 30 day Shred and do the other cardio (dvd/treadmill) directly when I get home.

I'm thinking of putting a spray bottle by my bed, so when my alarm goes off, I should reach for it and spray myself in the face. That should wake me up, right? LOL!!

Mornings are just not possible for me. It takes me a good 1-2 hours to be fully awake. Getting out of my cozy bed is soooo painful and feels like the worst thing in the world at the time, lol.

I would be curious to know if anyone has actually had success with turning into a morning person??
  • Kellylovesricky
    Options
    Got through day 3 of Shred Level 1, but have a question for you morning exercisers.

How do you get up in the morning? How do you make yourself get out of that warm comfy bed.

I am definitely a lover of sleeping in, since my work is only 10 minutes away from my house. But, by the time I get home I'm exhausted and keep pushing back the workout until 7, 8, or 9pm at night.

I'm going to try to get up in the mornings and do the 30 day Shred and do the other cardio (dvd/treadmill) directly when I get home.

I'm thinking of putting a spray bottle by my bed, so when my alarm goes off, I should reach for it and spray myself in the face. That should wake me up, right? LOL!!

Mornings are just not possible for me. It takes me a good 1-2 hours to be fully awake. Getting out of my cozy bed is soooo painful and feels like the worst thing in the world at the time, lol.

I would be curious to know if anyone has actually had success with turning into a morning person??

Yep, I can not and will not ever be a morning person. Doing the workout when I get home from work sucks, but I just suck it up and do it anyway and usually feel so much better after!
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I just did Day 1 of Level 2.. that third circuit.. with the military presses, chair sits, & plank jacks... I couldn't even do the last ab move. I just did normal plank on my elbows cause my shoulders couldn't take the twists O.o

But I burned 317 calories XD
  • Missita84
    Missita84 Posts: 33 Member
    Options

I don't think I can claim to have become a morning person, but I've become much more of one than I ever have been. I used to go to work still half asleep, and sleep in until 11 or 12 on my days off, but in the past few months I resolved to wake up earlier every day, and now I don't even have to set an alarm to wake up at 8 or so on my days off (which is as early as I want to deal with if I don't have to go to work!)
    I didn't actually have to change very much, except most nights I go to sleep earlier. I don't know why it's working now and not every other time in my life that I've tried to change my sleeping habits, but I'm not going to complain!
  • thisisforever21
    Options
    Level 2, Day 2 down!

Edit for day 12... lol
  • Kerri1952
    Kerri1952 Posts: 7
    Options
    Level 1 Day 7 down. I have started incorporating heavier weights into my back rows and chest flies this week to as my light weights seemed a little too light. Today I am focusing on getting back into the habit of tracking my calories as I have been lax about capturing them here and only doing it in my head.
  • junest
    junest Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi I'[m in., its just what I need - to be held accountable. :smile:
  • Lmacpherson114
    Options
    So yesterday i was up to day 5 in level 1 and i measured myself... so far i've lost 1.5 inches off the belly flab, 0.5 in off my hips/bum and 1.5 in off my thighs!!

Never in a millions years thought that 5 days worth of exercising would have such dramatic results. definitely keeping going and can't wait to see more results. Since starting the shred and continuing my calorie counting etc. i have managed to lose 6lbs! :) Very happy bunny here!
  • rachieepachiee
    Options
    I'm starting 30 Day Shred next Tuesday if anyone is interested in doing it with me?
    If you are then feel free to add me :) xxx
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options

I don't think I can claim to have become a morning person, but I've become much more of one than I ever have been. I used to go to work still half asleep, and sleep in until 11 or 12 on my days off, but in the past few months I resolved to wake up earlier every day, and now I don't even have to set an alarm to wake up at 8 or so on my days off (which is as early as I want to deal with if I don't have to go to work!)
    I didn't actually have to change very much, except most nights I go to sleep earlier. I don't know why it's working now and not every other time in my life that I've tried to change my sleeping habits, but I'm not going to complain!

I am a morning exerciser (and I used to HATE working out in the morning, would always go after work). It helped me that I started working out with my sister or a friend sometimes. If you have someone you have made plans with to workout it is a definite motivator to get your butt out of bed!

I found this link of funny/ helpful ways to transition to morning workouts:

http://www.runaddicts.net/start-to-run/how-to-become-a-morning-runner

Also, I started 30 day shred for the first time this month! I am doing it three days a week and doing cardio (usually running) the other three. Just did day 4 of Level 1. WOW was I sore after day 1 and 2!!
  • emanna11
    emanna11 Posts: 57
    Options
    OK, today was my first day...D1L1... was excited it was only 20 minutes long (lol)!

My starting stats:
    SW: 185.0
    NK:13 1/4"
    B:41"
    W:43 1/4"
    H:49 1/4"
    Arms:15"
    Thighs: 25 1/4"

I am still doing my usual exercises too, so hoping for some awesome results! My goal is to not have to do girl push ups by the end.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Today was my first day of level 2, whew!

I measured myself so I could keep track of my progress, so here goes:

CW: 183.9
    NK:13"
    B:40 1/2"
    W:42 1/2"
    H:48"
    Arms:14"
    Thighs: 25 1/4"

About 3 inches! YAY!
  • Missita84
    Missita84 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just did Level2 Day 1! It was tough! And I have to admit that I took a lot more breaks than I would like, and substituted the last set of plank jacks for regular jumping jacks...BUT I made it through the workout.
    I'm so tired!
  • ugmf12
    ugmf12 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Today is L1D10 but I felt a bit discouraged after weighing myself this morning (still haven't done the shred for the day). I weigh about the same AND even went up in fat %. I don't get it. I don't know if I need to add even moer cardio when I already add walking/running in the mix some days... any advice anyone?
  • jazzedorange
    jazzedorange Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS a few months back and had great results. I'm BACK to do it again! And next month maybe ZUMBA!