Ladies: Do you accept friend requests from guys on MFP?

Options

Replies

• MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I accept male friend requests I am single so I don't have a insecure or jealous boyfriend/ husband . the only ones I don't are ones that look creepy or are old enough to be my dad.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I accept ...every1 needs encouragement!
  • PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Ufft add whoever! Support's the same no matter where it's from! And you learn more from a variety of folk I think :) If they turn out to be a creepy weirdo afterwards then delete delete delete! :)

PS females can be creepy weirdos too!
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Absolutely NOT! It's like asking to be assaulted.
    In the meantime, please stand there without your shirt on. K?

Interesting combination of posts, lol.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    i accept both male and female..

and i talk to strangers.

+
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I do not see what someone's genitalia has to do with giving good advice and/or supporting someone.

I accept FR on an 'equal opportunities' basis - if our goals our aligned (and they are not a creeper), I will accept, if not, I will not, irrespective of what they have between their legs.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Yes, and as long as they're supportive, I have no issue with it. I'm not really here play any flirty games, but supportive friends are welcome regardless of their sex...(and as long as they aren't creepers!)
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Yes, why not? I get along usually much better with males.

Though, if you're a creeper guy, I'm not adding you :laugh: And yes, I can tell when I post my bra size in a girls thread, and get 7 friend requests right away:laugh:
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    20% of my Pals are male....and I have gotten so so many great tips for them, tons of support, major go-getters..... The sight is about support to each it's on that doesn't want them but my guys on my list are pretty darn awesome.....

Of course we are! Maybe some women just can't trust themself accepting a FR from a guy because we men are too damn irresistable? I dunno...

i know my men friends are too damn irresistable but i still love em! xoxo to all my male friends! you make me laugh, you make me smile, you make my day!
  • chandra38
    chandra38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I totally understand single people accepting both; however, as a married woman, I only accept female FR. I do this out of respect for my husband (we met online afterall). It's just a respect thing for me.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    It would never have occurred to me not to accept a friend request for the sole reason it was from a male. I didn't know people did this until reading some posts about it, I must say I find it rather odd.

ETA: I'm married and still find it odd....not the marriage, well sometimes, but you know what I mean.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    i would never!
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I like friend requests of any kind to include a message...
  • cathie2903
    cathie2903 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love my guy friends on MFP! They are motivational and inspire me to push myself. They offer a balance and are really supportive. Each to their own but I love my Guy Pals :wink:
  • gypsybree
    gypsybree Posts: 218
    Options
    I haven't had any.
    I don't ask either cause sometimes I have a bad decision making skill set when it comes to guys, lol.

IF a guy did ask me, he'd have to be a nice, intelligent guy cause I'm sick of creeps and I fight with the arrogant ones.
    So I guess like no guy would ask. ;)

I grew up with boys all my life so I have no issue with boys, we can all learn from each other but I don't have any dudes at the moment on my friends.
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Sissy4EverX3 Posts: 247
    Options
    I would if I got more. :drinker:
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Yes but I don't take advice from them. I find that men have a similar sense of humor to me, and similar general goals (increase strength). So I like the camaraderie but our bodies are too different to offer helpful advice.

this
  • kmoore02
    kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Women don't have to worry about me sending friend request because I don't. I am open to receiving request from anyone with common interest but I only send request to personal friends.
  • gypsybree
    gypsybree Posts: 218
    Options
    i would never!

lol
  • niclagi
    niclagi Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I do, I'll take support from anyone. Especially those I can tell are working hard and are dedicated. Some of the guys on my MFP have lost 50-150 pounds. Those people are serious I want to see what they are doing so hopefully I can adopt and do just as well. :)