Ladies: Do you accept friend requests from guys on MFP?

Options

Replies

• annie4993
    annie4993 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have seen people here with a lot of requirements for adding friends, and obviously, it's their right to have them.
    But I personally don't have any, if someone adds me i'll accept their request. They're probably only looking for support and I could definitely use as much motivation as I can get :smile: So that applies to guys too.
  • Friday74
    Friday74 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It never occurred to me not to. I wonder if there are any men who reject all female requests...

I have always had male friends, so it never occurred to me not to, either.
  • SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have, but I've deleted the majority of them. There are a couple really great guys on here, but some are just here to flirt.
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Sure...why not?! I need all the support I can get and I like supporting others so the more the merrier!!!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I don't for two reasons.

1. I am married and have five sons (plus one daughter) I am around males all of the time and I really want a Girls Only Zone where I can be goofy and perverted, but not seem like I am being sexual or trying to hook up with anyone.

2. My husband does prefer me not to have male friends. He says that he knows how men think and they will try to flirt and hit on me. Now, I had already decided to keep this my girl zone anyway, but I am also doing it because he is my sweetie and if it makes him more comfortable...then that is good!

Your husband sounds like he has trust issues

truth
  • Maggiemac70
    Options
    I would absolutely. It is always nice to have the perspective of the opposite sex.
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Male or Female. Does not matter. If they can encourage me or I them.....All the better.
  • aimsteen
    aimsteen Posts: 49
    Options
    I do. Some of the best information and support I've received on this site has been from male friends.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I accept all requests and I understand that everyone has an opinion. I use this site to keep motivated and to message people that have common goals and "struggles" like me. So why not accept requests from both. I will say however if your trying to sell me something (yes, already had a few friends pushing products) I remove them from my FL.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Having male friends gives me motivation as well. I love my male buddies, and if they are creeps just delete them haha
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Love my male friends. They are the best and really keep me motivated.

If you don't accept male friends you are really missing out on great people.
  • PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It never occurred to me not to. I wonder if there are any men who reject all female requests...

Haha....would be interested to hear from guys that do that! Do they exist, out there somewhere?!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    i don't. i'm not here to flirt. that's just me, though.

If I flirted with all the men I came in contact with, I would be fired. I guess it's a good thing some of us can control ourselves.
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Honestly I find advice and encouragement from the opposite sex to have a lot more pull. After all it's usually the opposite sex your trying to impress, isn't it?....Even if it isn't that's just fine too, don't take that comment as homophobic please, I am not.
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Who else would I flirt shamelessly with?

Honestly, though, I respect other's choices, but I don't see the harm in having both male and female friends on here. You don't only speak to women in real life do you?
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I don't for two reasons.

1. I am married and have five sons (plus one daughter) I am around males all of the time and I really want a Girls Only Zone where I can be goofy and perverted, but not seem like I am being sexual or trying to hook up with anyone.

2. My husband does prefer me not to have male friends. He says that he knows how men think and they will try to flirt and hit on me. Now, I had already decided to keep this my girl zone anyway, but I am also doing it because he is my sweetie and if it makes him more comfortable...then that is good!

Your husband sounds like he has trust issues

QFT
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I love my guy friends! They make me laugh, smile, are awesome supporters AND offer great advise. :heart:
  • lucylAnneMason
    Options
    Yeah, why not?? =)
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    My male friends are AWESOME and I might not still be here if it wasn't for some of them. I accept all male requests, as long as they have a message, even if it's pervy...sometimes those end up being the funniest friends! If I don't like someone afterwards, there's always the delete button...
    I'd rather take the chance on an awesome friend and delete as needed than possibly miss out on a kick-*kitten* person....
  • Linda1053
    Linda1053 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Male or Female makes no difference we are all here for the same reason. Support from all places is greatly appreciated and everyone has their own ideas and opinions. Suggestions can be very helpful in reaching our goals.