For those of us with only 10-30 pounds to lose....

Replies

• shyrina25
    shyrina25 Posts: 101 Member
    zig zag calories! dont eat same amount every day, works for me, I have 2 more pounds to go!
  • this is the exact reason why I give up so much. my goal is 30-40lbs and I will lose about 15 or so and plateau. No matter how hard I work, it goes no where, so I stop and eventually, I end up gaining out of frustration. I'm trying again but this time, I will keep going no matter what. I will get there!
  • llmichalek
    llmichalek Posts: 48
    Welp, I posted before in here but finally have success. I lost 50 pounds of baby weight in 6 months, and then spent the last 7 months trying to lose the last 10-15. Turns out starving myself had totally screwed up my metabolism. I ate normally for 30 days...pretty much whatever I wanted. I didn't put on any weight, nor did I lose any. The past 2 weeks I started a deficit again and also cut out many of my carbs. Eating normally and telling my body I wasn't going to starve it DID work, and I lost 2 pounds in the last week...I've weighted myself the last 4 days straight and have not gained it back so it's working!
  • kburgess247
    kburgess247 Posts: 43 Member
    I'm in the club. My main issue is I have been losing half of it and then gaining it back PLUS 2 or 3 lbs (this has happened 3 times) because I get busy or distracted. I want to lose ALL of it and then make an active maintenance plan. This time my goal is to lose 20 lbs but since I was 5 lbs heavier than I was when I first joined the site, MFP doesn't even take into account the first 5 lbs that I lost. Only the 2 lbs below my original weight.

This time, I'm in it all the way!!
  • jc86
    jc86 Posts: 151
    Me! Need to drop 20. So close yet so far :/
  • khloee1
    khloee1 Posts: 90 Member
    I need 15 more...and I am stuck! ugh!!!! What is this zig zag calories I keep reading about?
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    i hit my goal weight and dropped a lb below and then got pregnant with my 3rd baby...am now struggling to lose that 10lb i gained...he's only 9weeks but i've been working out since he was 2weeks and lost no more than a lb or two since!
  • I've got 22 to go, exactly one for each year of my age :laugh:
  • I'm right with everyone else, Lost the first 35 with just making a few changes, but I have been stuck at the same weight, gaining and losing the same 2 pounds for the last 5 months, no matter the effort I put in. So I joined MFP to hopefully get my act together because I feel like I'm missing something. Just have to keep pushing, another 30 to go.
  • crystallambeth
    crystallambeth Posts: 12 Member
    yep...joining this club too!!! 10 pounds would be a good start, 20 pounds in the end!! well, right now 2 pounds would make me happy..im starting to really watch what i eat & boot camp...this has to work!! :)
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    I'm actually excited because I only have 30lbs more to lose! Keeping it in perspective really helps. I see it like this: having already lost 80lbs, the next 30lbs, phhhhh I got this!
  • nillapup
    nillapup Posts: 204 Member
    I have been batteling this 30 pounds for a few years.. up an down back and forth.. sighs
  • Hikaru37
    Hikaru37 Posts: 177 Member
    18lbs to go!!!
  • popat89
    popat89 Posts: 83 Member
    ME! I have less then 10 to my goal. I had about 18 lbs to lose to start with. I lost the first 8lbs in about 8 weeks. But I think the last 10 are going to take me double or triple the time...
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 500 Member
    On the last 10-15 pounds!!

Been plateaued for over 3 months. It's frustrating.
  • Pirschjaeger
    Pirschjaeger Posts: 15 Member
    My goal was to lose 15 pounds... half way there... have 7 more pounds to go. I'm losing a little over a pound a week, so I guess I'm losing weight at an okay rate.
  • ShellyShuey
    ShellyShuey Posts: 162
    Me, but I find if I eat more calories a couple of days a week (not junk food, just more calories) I will have a loss that week. 3 pounds left (started with 31).
  • Cordy_in_CT
    Cordy_in_CT Posts: 134 Member
    my tummy pooch and last 10-15lb are hanging on for dear life!!:sad:

^^^^^^^^^ ME TOOOOOO!!!!!! Whyyyyyy????
  • katjo10
    katjo10 Posts: 82 Member
    I am still in the early stages of my journey. I started March 28th 2012. The weight was just coming off at a good steady pace & then all of a sudden it took me 3 weeks to get 1 lb off. I did change up my food & uped my calorie intake & I started loosing again (actually started loosing faster). I think the key is to change your calories & workout pattern from time to time to get your body to start taking off the weight again. I agree with many others comments, we have to out smart our bodies. Good Luck.
  • Am right there with the rest of you!!!

Ive been carrying around 50 extra pounds for over a decade. Started this program 30 days ago and have lost 5 lbs. Have another 30 to go and its soooo slow. I dont eat bad. I have been exercising more than ever...Just gonna take patience and that is something i have NOTHING of!!!

Always looking for pals to keep the information flowing and the motivation in high gear!!! =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!