Do you kiss on the 1st date?

Options

Replies

• Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    If the chemistry is there, I think it is okay, but waiting makes it more memorable when it happens.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Depends. But more than likely I'd just go in for hug. Now, if the chemistry is like "WOW", I would then. But sometimes it takes that awhile to spark...
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    If we like each other yeah. If not, no way.
  • bekah_ann13
    Options
    I have not "dated" for eight years now. I have been married for almost eight years, but I kissed my future husband before we even began dating lol. We were "talking" at the time and one day he was in a bad mood and to cheer him up I kissed him and then we started to "date"
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    Never been on a date or kissed :( However, go with what you're comfortable with. If you really like her and she really likes you, go for it! If you feel more comfortable waiting until the second date, then do that.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    always kiss on the first date.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Rules be damned, go with the flow I say...just don't be trying to kiss me while at a bar or in a club...

Atta boy, cap'n! Although, a kiss in a bar or club is fine as long as it isn't from people you don't know trying to grope you on the dance floor.

You want to know what I think about a lady trying to kiss me when at a bar or a club...especially one that I might frequent? I feel like I am a fire hydrant and she is marking her territory. We are still talking first date kisses here mind you...
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    So I gots me a hot date tonight, and I was curious if I was the only one with this philosophy. Call me old fashion, but I don't. kiss on the 1st date. Never have. The question is, do you?

This does not count one-night stands. That's a different story. I treat a woman I want to get to know a lot differently than some chick I'm tryna smash.

your last few sentences are interesting....going to have my daughter read it.
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My current boyfriend kissed me ALOT on our first date & I'm soooooo happy he did!!
    Sometimes you just gotta go with the flow...
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    For me it depends on the situation...if it feels right, I want to be kissed. :)
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    So I gots me a hot date tonight, and I was curious if I was the only one with this philosophy. Call me old fashion, but I don't. kiss on the 1st date. Never have. The question is, do you?

This does not count one-night stands. That's a different story. I treat a woman I want to get to know a lot differently than some chick I'm tryna smash.

Wow. It's like you started out as a decent guy and then proudly dove into being a misogynist headfirst.
  • tugers2
    tugers2 Posts: 139
    Options
    if u like the person yes
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    It depends on the guy and the date really. if it stinks and he stinks, obviously no. But I have no rules against it. My husband and I have been married 10 years and i know that I kissed him on the first date! More then once. lol
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Not usually.. but if there is that sizzling, crackle in the air kind of chemistry, I will. You know, the kind of spark when someone leans in close and your insides flip over, your breath catches in your lungs, their touch practically sets your skin on fire... well, we might end up in the bedroom then, but I am definitely going for the kiss at least.
  • SwtMelissa86
    SwtMelissa86 Posts: 165
    Options
    i definately have... and will again... Love a good kisser :love: :tongue:
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I have before!! If it feels right and the chemistry is there, why not!! :bigsmile:
  • afigueroa_pr
    afigueroa_pr Posts: 344
    Options
    My current boyfriend kissed me ALOT on our first date & I'm soooooo happy he did!!
    Sometimes you just gotta go with the flow...

Love this ^^^^
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Good hygiene, absolutely! Then again, I sort of think I have a kissing fetish. If there is such a thing. I'd probably even kiss random, good looking, clean strangers just for the hell of it. I'm married though, so I don't. :laugh:

ETA: I wouldn't do them, just kiss them!
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options

Wow. It's like you started out as a decent guy and then proudly dove into being a misogynist headfirst.

Oh come on... everyone behaves differently for a person they want to spoon and someone they just want to fork.
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options

Oh come on... everyone behaves differently for a person they want to spoon and someone they just want to fork.

^^ truth.. ^^