Can u find real love on Mfp????

Options

Replies

• LifeChangingExp
    Options
    Why yes, yes you can. Anything is possible, anywhere!
  • HerbT51
    HerbT51 Posts: 36
    Options
    Lew....I can honestly say that YES You can find real love online....I have recently found my true love right here on MFP.. we were friends just being supportive to one another and before you knew it I felt something special in him that I hadnt felt in a very very long time....Neither one of us were looking , it just happened. As time went by we became closer and then exchanged phone numbers and started to text one another...NOW being the person that I am, I had him checked out and he was very legit !! ( hey a girl can never be to cautious) ...we decided to meet one weekend and trust me when I say i was sooo nervous, all I had to go on was a picture and his word......

When I arrive i sent him a text telling him i was there he came thru the door and My heart skipped a beat, I knew then it was love at first sight ! All of those conversations that we had shared just made me realize that this could be something beautiful .

I wouldnt change a thing ! I have NO REGRETS and this comes from someone who was so ANTI-ONLINE DATING !! I would preach to others about how crazy and harmful this could be until I met him ! SO I guess the noral of the story is follow your heart but proceed with caution at first ! LOVE can be staring you in the face right now and you dont even know it ! Life is about taking chances, and living it like its your last.

I think this really sums it up. They weren't looking to meet anyone, they took time to get to know each other (email, phone) long before meeting face-to-face. She took the proper precautions, having him checked out.
    I met my love online through a different forum (long before our MFP days). It was much the same, months of emails - getting to know each other - before any romance bloomed.
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    ive found lust on MFP :)

but its the net you can find anything on the net so why not love
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    True Love, is it real? Or fantasy? When a person has to cover the truth, knowing that they are married, go out online chat, and mert IRL, then comes back to his wife and ask, how to thet get rid of the other woman they met?

I see Lew hasn't posted in this thread for a little while. My guess is that this is his wife, though (deactivated account). His profile mentioned being married. Did nobody notice?

I'm not a cynic, though. I met my husband on another forum. Neither of us was looking, it just happened, but neither of us was involved with someone else, either. It just seems too many people are searching for more than they should on MFP.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Why the hell not, I've already fallen in love twice today
  • ichellebereel
    ichellebereel Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Lew....I can honestly say that YES You can find real love online....I have recently found my true love right here on MFP.. we were friends just being supportive to one another and before you knew it I felt something special in him that I hadnt felt in a very very long time....Neither one of us were looking , it just happened. As time went by we became closer and then exchanged phone numbers and started to text one another...NOW being the person that I am, I had him checked out and he was very legit !! ( hey a girl can never be to cautious) ...we decided to meet one weekend and trust me when I say i was sooo nervous, all I had to go on was a picture and his word......

When I arrive i sent him a text telling him i was there he came thru the door and My heart skipped a beat, I knew then it was love at first sight ! All of those conversations that we had shared just made me realize that this could be something beautiful .

I wouldnt change a thing ! I have NO REGRETS and this comes from someone who was so ANTI-ONLINE DATING !! I would preach to others about how crazy and harmful this could be until I met him ! SO I guess the noral of the story is follow your heart but proceed with caution at first ! LOVE can be staring you in the face right now and you dont even know it ! Life is about taking chances, and living it like its your last.

This story made me very happy :heart: :drinker:

Beautiful
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Why the hell not, I've already fallen in love twice today

LOL
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    How you meet doesn't matter. I fell in love with someone from here. I wasn't looking, it just happened, but the heart wants what the heart wants. No, you don't know everything about each other when you don't get to spend a lot of time together in real life, but finding out all the little things about someone and building your relationship once you're actually together is half the fun.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I've met a few women on MFP ... one of them seemed like we might have something more–at least, that's how it was after she got separated from her husband.

There's nothing wrong with meeting people online, but it's certainly better to meet someone who is local to your area. I don't like basing everything around words that someone says through writing. I'm a little more shallow than that.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I believe it's possible :)
  • _Thanatos_
    _Thanatos_ Posts: 166
    Options
    Maybe someone else can... but I won't waste any more of my time looking.
  • GaglianiGirl
    Options
    I met my husband on a non-dating internet website, and we're happily married, working on making our 3rd kid.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I hope I do!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Love is a connection between two souls. It can happen anywhere and anytime.
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options
    ive found lust on MFP :)

but its the net you can find anything on the net so why not love

I once googled "how to cook a turkey" and baamm..
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i hear you can rent it pretty cheap... but then i found out they bill in 4 second increments.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    i hear you can rent it pretty cheap... but then i found out they bill in 4 second increments.

I'm sending you an invoice.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

I'm sending you an invoice.

... oh... did the credit card not work? hmmm.... *runs*
  • merls74
    merls74 Posts: 25
    Options
    Lew, yes you can. Whether it be here, online somewhere or dating site. I met my better half online 11+ years ago with no intention on dating or even looking. And now we have been married 8 years as of today!!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I know a few couples that met online and let me tell you, they are more in love than any couple I know!