Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I think I messed up the quote...I don't see it. My hat is actually a big floppy straw hat I wear to the beach! But I'll take the nickname! Love it!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Confession: My husband is really, really bad with names. When referring to this thread and mentioning various people, he (we?) have coined various terms to help him keep track of who I'm talking about. A few of these are:

- The horse lady (@pofoster21)
    - The llama lady (@ythannah)
    - The friendly lady (@LBuehrle8)
    - The cookie-face lady (@spamarie)
    - The Dr. Elmo lady (obviously @nonoelmo)
    - The Mo lady (@MoHousdon)

... Among others. Don't blame me for your new names though... I swear they're his fault! :p

Those are too cute! Good job @mrsusie

I have to start posting more. I want a nickname.

You have one already... He calls you the Canada flag lady :D
    Confession: My husband is really, really bad with names. When referring to this thread and mentioning various people, he (we?) have coined various terms to help him keep track of who I'm talking about. A few of these are:

... Among others. Don't blame me for your new names though... I swear they're his fault! :p

Those are too cute! Good job @mrsusie

I have to start posting more. I want a nickname.

Me too lol

You don't have one yet, but I described you to him as "The lady with the picture of her son in floaties," and he went "Ohhh, her." :p

@LBuehrle8 Oops!! That happened to me the first time I bought it as well--I had more self control the second time. ;) We haven't bought it again, though, because it's really expensive for a very small jar. :)

@RaelynnsMama52512 Nope, not yet--at least not that I recall anyway. He usually bases his nickname on pictures, and yours doesn't show very clearly from the forum.

@pofoster21 Good afternoon! Hope you have fun on your practice swim and practice ride today (or were those yesterday?). Is the half today or on Sunday? I just remember that it's on the weekend... :p I'll do your grocery shopping for you!! ;)

Do I have one yet? :)

Not yet... Since both you and @riderfangal have your sons as your display pictures, it's probably hard for him to connect a unique name to either of you that wouldn't be mixed with the other. :p I currently have trouble telling him who I'm talking about when I refer to you, because unlike "Her son is wearing floaties!" your son doesn't have any special characteristics in the picture. I tell him it's the one who's son is staring at the camera with huge eyes... :p

And a Superman pj's shirt on! :)
    @MoHousdon, awesome update on the SD!!!!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Oh, after browsing around Academy this evening, I finally picked out what I want as an anniversary gift this year: a bike with appropriate gear, a seat for Raelynn to ride in along with gear for her, and more workout clothes! I was wanting to go to Charleston or Hilton Head again, but I'd rather have the bike and workout clothes now lol! I'll have to get it all next week sometime since that check will be bigger and more spending money, but it still counts!

I'm excited, and still amazed I found someone willing to deal with me and all my issues. 4 years married August 8th, together 5 years November 15th (and yes we celebrate both), and he still makes me fall in love with him more every single day. ❤️

(Ahem, by the way, @TigerNY128 Raelynn and I will be in Greenville again on Wednesday! ;) )

Awesome! If you have any bike purchasing questions, feel free to ask. (starting with don't buy from a department store) I cycle pretty much every single day. :smiley:

These were my thoughts too. It's more expensive to get a bike from a bike shop, but worth every penny. One situation where you get what you pay for.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    We just had our first dose of melatonin about 30 minutes ago, no signs of being sleepy just yet, but we'll see how it goes! I just hope that it works for her sake!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Good luck this weekend, Patricia!

Thank you!
    Yes. Good luck!
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'm still terribly behind, hello from page 1136, but I have a few updates/things I need to get off my chest. This may be long so please bear with me. I won't be offended if you don't read it/care.

SD called Mr. Mo last night in tears because her mom is moving in with her boyfriend and she can't move with them. He told her she always has a place with us (which, believe it or not, I support) but she used the excuse it's too far for her to drive back and forth to work from our house. Mind you, in our city, you can get from one end to the other in around 20 minutes using the highways. Besides, what else does she have to pay for besides gas because she sure in the heck isn't paying for tags/insurance/car payment! (more on that later) Mr. Mo was VERY sympathetic, I was not. We're giving you place (nice) to stay RENT EFFING FREE but you can't afford the gas in a 4 cylinder Kia to drive to and from work?! Give me a break. I wish she'd just come out and say WHY she doesn't want to live with us so she can save up money for her own place.

While we were on vacation, she called him and said she had the money for her tags and would be by last weekend to get the registration/sticker and drop off the money. Well, big surprise, she never showed or called. Fast forward to last night where she has to use the tag money to pay for utilities or something in a friend's house she'll be temporarily staying in. Asinine if you ask me...see above bolded part.

On top of all of this, she tells Mr. Mo that she did end up taking Rory to the humane society but they had to put her down because she attacked a few of the volunteers. I'm sure this was due to being locked in a confined room for several years before coming to stay with us (where she also attacked Mr. Mo a few times). This really sucks because I think with the right family (earlier in life, she was 5) she could have been a great cat.

After Mr. Mo got off the phone with her, he was upset/sad, I was just upset. We tried talking about it, but I just got mad because I'm so sick and tired of her always having an excuse for everything, and the continuation of her taking advantage of her dad, and him letting her because he feels so guilty for not being able to be there for her while she was growing up. He was in tears by the time we were done talking because he just doesn't know what to do. I HATE seeing him cry. It breaks my heart and I will do everything in my power to keep it from happening.

Anyway, I'm not sure how this weekend will go. If she'll show up or not, or if she does, how the talk will go. We need to get this nonsense figured out so we don't end up fighting, or worse, stop talking altogether.

Hugs Mrs MO. I will comment more later just running out the door but wanted to let you know I did read and do care!
    Ditto. Many hugs
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Too funny
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    10.5 miles done in 3 hours. 1466 calories burned. Off for a well earned bath!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    SD is here and she actually apologized for not being around. She apologized to me and Mr. Mo. Needless to say, I was shocked. Hopefully, things will be much better going forward. I appreciate everyone's support and advice. I LOVE you guys!

Sounds like a step in the right direction. Let's hope more right steps are taken. We love you too.
  • crosbylee
    Options
    We just had our first dose of melatonin about 30 minutes ago, no signs of being sleepy just yet, but we'll see how it goes! I just hope that it works for her sake!

When my daughter was on her treatments and occasionally since then, we give her melatonin and about 20 minutes later she is yawning and ready for bed. Good luck with Raelynn!!
  • crosbylee
    Options

I would be ready for a soak in a hot tub and a nap!!!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    edited July 2015
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

When my daughter was on her treatments and occasionally since then, we give her melatonin and about 20 minutes later she is yawning and ready for bed. Good luck with Raelynn!!

Thank you! She started getting a little sleepy around 7 but she started getting cranky around 7:30 so we went ahead and put her to bed. She didn't have a meltdown tonight, which I'm guessing is because she was so sleepy. Hopefully this helps her! :)

ETA: I forgot to add her bedtime is usually 8pm so we tried to get her to wait until then, but I don't think going 30 minutes early will hurt anything.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    SD is here and she actually apologized for not being around. She apologized to me and Mr. Mo. Needless to say, I was shocked. Hopefully, things will be much better going forward. I appreciate everyone's support and advice. I LOVE you guys!

That's great. Glad to hear it. I hope things continue to approve.

• raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    @MoHousdon so glad to hear things are going better with SD! Hope everything continues to improve!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Wow great burn & nice time! You deserve a well needed bath & probably some of your cheesecake:D.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on the walk!

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Ahhhh have not had time to read at all today :(:(:( will definitely catch up tomorrow!! Hope everyone's weekends/vacays are going SUPER well!! <3

ETA: MFP likes to cut off my messages after a sentence :(
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    SO finished the Triple Bypass ride. I'm going to dinner with the lovely owner of the B&B wife. The Hubby rode the Triple Bypass too. I'll pick up SO when the shuttle brings him back in a few hours. This place is so cute! I'll get a business card and post the name / address in the batcave in case anyone needs a great place to stay in Colorado. I had a nice but brief visit with my cousin and her family and a nice lunch/mini hike with friends. The friends were all women and I think I've mentioned all my good women friends have moved away (or I've moved away from them) so it was really nice having some girl time. :smile:
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Okay four weeks from today I'm headed to the UK!!!! :):) Strictly staying under calories and doing my workouts until London!! Woot woot!!

Let the countdown begin! Woo!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    There are actually two things on my bucket list for Europe. And I will make one of them happen for sure. One of my mother's uncles was killed in WW2 in the Netherlands and is buried there. To be the first member of my family to visit his grave is actually a priority for me.

And speaking of strange things - my grandmother had 4 brothers who fought in that war and my mom is named for the only one who didn't come home. But..... She was born 2 years before he was killed.

The other is seeing the ruins of the castle Grant near Iverness.

Whoa, that's crazy!