Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    How do I tell my DOH! that the dress I bought at the thrift shop today is the same one I donated 8 months ago because I couldn't squeeze into it?

I think this is an amazing accomplishment and so funny! I rate that today's NSV! He should be proud of you!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Trying to catch up....only 10 pages to go but here's what I have so far:

@Susieq_1994 gratz on being able to walk again!

@quiksylver296 Have fun on vacay!

@Italian_Buju We are all going through things and you need support same as the rest of us, so do not abandon the thread. We do miss you.

@raelynnsmama52512 I know you're little girl is going to have to face some HUGE challenges but she is so lucky to have a strong capable mother like you. I'm sure the two of you together can conquer anything.

@orangesmartie All relationships are hard and have their own struggles but all parties need to be willing to work together to solve them. I am really sincerely wishing everyone in your relationship all the best and I hope a solution is reached where everyone can be together and happy.

@everyone else, so much has happened in the last couple of days and I just can NOT keep up. I know now that Sgt. Sexy Pants hates his nickname so I need to come up with something else. Figured out he is one of those people who will not say anything about something he doesn't like unless you ask him directly. So if I cook green beans repeatedly for years and he mentions casually to another person while out to eat that he hates green beans I will say, "You never told me that!" and he can easily respond "You didn't ask." I see this as a potential problem but I ask a lot of questions, some people find it annoying, so it might not be as bad as I'm making it out to be.
    I know he likes my deviled eggs! Unfortunately, so do I so I have gone WAY over my calories the last few days but today I am back on track and if not for the honey curry sauce, these veggies would SO not be appealing.

Speaking of peeling, you all seem to like that picture of the banana being peeled incorrectly.0ocsti8kctve.jpg
    a1kbxt8iim2l.jpg
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @pofoster21 At least SOMEONE in this thread is online when I am.....working nights is kind of a pain when everyone else is a bunch of "day walkers." :tongue:

I am gonna just take a moment here and +1 to all of @pofoster21 's posts because I have to do my work rounds if I am going to make up for yesterday.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Ok all caught up!

Thank you all for the well wishes! I had an awesome race! It's been raining non stop in Indiana and was misty, grey and rainy the two days we have been here. But today the one day of the race it was sunny and beautiful. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

So blow by blow (those not interested please ignore):

First amazingly I forgot nothing! I usually end up forgetting some vital piece of equipment and having to buy it. I had everything I needed for the race (we'll ignore that I forgot enough socks, underwear and warmer clothing for day to day and had to go shopping for those...)

We were a bit late and parking was a mess. We got in on time though and then they pushed back the start 15 min so I had plenty of time to go to the bathroom ( a porta potty...sorry @MoHousdon ) and pull on my wetsuit and drink my last minute energy drinks before heading down for my wave. Ladies 45-49 went off about 7:30.

Swim: the water was gorgeous. It's a reservoir so nice and flat. The water was 72 degrees so wetsuit legal. I don't like wearing a wetsuit as I usually find it constricting but it provides some flotation advantages and speed advantages so is worth it. The water felt plenty warm so that was good.

I normally utterly panic at the start of every swim as you are crowded in with all these people and I am not a great swimmer. Normally I would have about 5 min of utter panic and thinking of getting back out before I calm down and start swimming. No problem today! I just put my head down and went. I found a spot in the chaos pretty quickly and settled into a really good (albeit slow) pace. The next big issue is often sighting. I usually have trouble finding the buoys to keep them in sight and not veer too far off course and add distance today I swam dead on. The trip back was hard as the sun was directly in my eyes but I just tried to follow the swimmers in front of me and stayed pretty on course. I didn't get beat up too bad by the swimmers coming up behind either which is a good thing. Because I am really slow the waves behind me always catch me and if they are age grouper men especially the 35-45 groups they are so obnoxious and will swim right over you, push you aside, etc. Anonymity in the water often breeds bad behavior. It can be scary. This is the worst part for newbies to get used to (it was really scary for me in the beginning of doing triathlon). Made it out in 52 min feeling great. And only a few minutes off my usual trained time.

Took my time in transition. Went to the bathroom. Ate a clif bar. Changed into biking gear and off I went. Bike was equally slow. It's my least liked leg but I chose this race for the "flat" course and flat it was! It was 2 loops and the scenery was beautiful and the weather perfect. I was again incredibly slow and most of the field passed me but hey, I was doing it and not hating every moment so a win all around. My hips and legs were killing me and I composed a lot of status updates in my head to you guys and thought about how cool this thread is and how great it is we have all found each other, etc. it took 3.5 hours so a lot of time to think!

So came in off the bike. My friend got me coming in so when she sends me these pictures I'll share them all in all stages (ugly wetsuit and all!) when I get them. Took my time in transition again and then headed out on run. I was sure I wouldn't be able to run at all after how bad my legs hurt after the bike but amazingly I felt GREAT! I kept thinking I was going to crash and burn so played it safe and ran slowly in the beginning to feel myself out. But rather than falling apart I got stronger and stronger. The time flew, I was passing a ton of women in my age group who blew past me on the bike and each mile improved. By the end I was doing sub 9 min miles and I finished in 2:07 which was amazing with little training and time spent running. I was thrilled. I did walk all water stops and got water and Gatorade and coke but otherwise I ran everything and never felt like I couldn't do it.

I haven't checked my final time or standing in my age group but I don't care. It was probably just under 7 hours, but I was thrilled. With zero training it could have been a disaster. Plus I mentally was in it the whole day and happy, never miserable or wishing I had not done it. So glad I came and plan on getting myself back on track with this training!

My friend was amazing and such a great support team. It's so good to have great friends and composing updates to you guys really kept me going. Thanks again for the well wishes and good lucks!

Sorry for the long post...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Whew it all posted. I did this all on iPad and was afraid after all that it wouldn't all post! I did not want to type that out again.

Oh and I ate a TON afterwards including the s'mores Oreos recommended in this thread (they were ok) and was still way in the green. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Oh and one more thing @orangesmartie I think I have my friend convinced into joining us on the mountain climb next year. :) we are going to have a regular party on that hill.

Oh...and in case you think I am not serious about coming you are so wrong... I am building it into my plans for next year, all races must be planned around the mountain climb in Scotland. So excited!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @pofoster21 At least SOMEONE in this thread is online when I am.....working nights is kind of a pain when everyone else is a bunch of "day walkers." :tongue:

I am gonna just take a moment here and +1 to all of @pofoster21 's posts because I have to do my work rounds if I am going to make up for yesterday.

Yep, after all the caffeine I consumed in the race I slept for a few hours and am now totally awake! Have a good rest of your evening.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Ok all caught up!

Thank you all for the well wishes! I had an awesome race! It's been raining non stop in Indiana and was misty, grey and rainy the two days we have been here. But today the one day of the race it was sunny and beautiful. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

So blow by blow (those not interested please ignore):

First amazingly I forgot nothing! I usually end up forgetting some vital piece of equipment and having to buy it. I had everything I needed for the race (we'll ignore that I forgot enough socks, underwear and warmer clothing for day to day and had to go shopping for those...)

We were a bit late and parking was a mess. We got in on time though and then they pushed back the start 15 min so I had plenty of time to go to the bathroom ( a porta potty...sorry @MoHousdon ) and pull on my wetsuit and drink my last minute energy drinks before heading down for my wave. Ladies 45-49 went off about 7:30.

Swim: the water was gorgeous. It's a reservoir so nice and flat. The water was 72 degrees so wetsuit legal. I don't like wearing a wetsuit as I usually find it constricting but it provides some flotation advantages and speed advantages so is worth it. The water felt plenty warm so that was good.

I normally utterly panic at the start of every swim as you are crowded in with all these people and I am not a great swimmer. Normally I would have about 5 min of utter panic and thinking of getting back out before I calm down and start swimming. No problem today! I just put my head down and went. I found a spot in the chaos pretty quickly and settled into a really good (albeit slow) pace. The next big issue is often sighting. I usually have trouble finding the buoys to keep them in sight and not veer too far off course and add distance today I swam dead on. The trip back was hard as the sun was directly in my eyes but I just tried to follow the swimmers in front of me and stayed pretty on course. I didn't get beat up too bad by the swimmers coming up behind either which is a good thing. Because I am really slow the waves behind me always catch me and if they are age grouper men especially the 35-45 groups they are so obnoxious and will swim right over you, push you aside, etc. Anonymity in the water often breeds bad behavior. It can be scary. This is the worst part for newbies to get used to (it was really scary for me in the beginning of doing triathlon). Made it out in 52 min feeling great. And only a few minutes off my usual trained time.

Took my time in transition. Went to the bathroom. Ate a clif bar. Changed into biking gear and off I went. Bike was equally slow. It's my least liked leg but I chose this race for the "flat" course and flat it was! It was 2 loops and the scenery was beautiful and the weather perfect. I was again incredibly slow and most of the field passed me but hey, I was doing it and not hating every moment so a win all around. My hips and legs were killing me and I composed a lot of status updates in my head to you guys and thought about how cool this thread is and how great it is we have all found each other, etc. it took 3.5 hours so a lot of time to think!

So came in off the bike. My friend got me coming in so when she sends me these pictures I'll share them all in all stages (ugly wetsuit and all!) when I get them. Took my time in transition again and then headed out on run. I was sure I wouldn't be able to run at all after how bad my legs hurt after the bike but amazingly I felt GREAT! I kept thinking I was going to crash and burn so played it safe and ran slowly in the beginning to feel myself out. But rather than falling apart I got stronger and stronger. The time flew, I was passing a ton of women in my age group who blew past me on the bike and each mile improved. By the end I was doing sub 9 min miles and I finished in 2:07 which was amazing with little training and time spent running. I was thrilled. I did walk all water stops and got water and Gatorade and coke but otherwise I ran everything and never felt like I couldn't do it.

I haven't checked my final time or standing in my age group but I don't care. It was probably just under 7 hours, but I was thrilled. With zero training it could have been a disaster. Plus I mentally was in it the whole day and happy, never miserable or wishing I had not done it. So glad I came and plan on getting myself back on track with this training!

My friend was amazing and such a great support team. It's so good to have great friends and composing updates to you guys really kept me going. Thanks again for the well wishes and good lucks!

Sorry for the long post...

Congratulations!! You are amazing! A total inspiration.
  • orangesmartie
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Oh and one more thing @orangesmartie I think I have my friend convinced into joining us on the mountain climb next year. :) we are going to have a regular party on that hill.

Oh...and in case you think I am not serious about coming you are so wrong... I am building it into my plans for next year, all races must be planned around the mountain climb in Scotland. So excited!

Oh I hope you are totally serious, because I'm telling everyone we're doing it. I also emailed the alzheimer's society and told them to put us on the waiting list. We will have to raise money though.

I am looking at b&bs for August so I can go tackle the mountain again, and I will have a scout round for somewhere for us to stay
    It is all so beautiful up there.

Anyone else want to join in??

Eta: I am working on a plan for marathon training too!
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    Are we still allowed to post photos here or are they supposed to go in the batcave now?
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @pofoster21, sounds like an awesome day/race! Congratulations!
    My brother in law is huge into triathlons...and amazing. He travels everywhere. He actually went to Nanjing and completed in the 2104 Youth Olympic games.
    If interested, his name is Seth Rider...you could look him up. :)

Ok, going to start my workout...see you all later!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I rode my bicycle up a mountain today. 50 miles with over 3,000 feet of elevation change. I am tired. I swear it seemed uphill both ways! I posted a picture in the random pics thread.

Wow that is amazing! All of you guys are inspirations with the workouts/events you accomplish.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Amazing job & time @pofoster21!

What's your next event?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Whew it all posted. I did this all on iPad and was afraid after all that it wouldn't all post! I did not want to type that out again.

Oh and I ate a TON afterwards including the s'mores Oreos recommended in this thread (they were ok) and was still way in the green. :)

Nice! Yeah the S'Mores & Key Lime Pie Oreos were a tad disappointing. My favorite limited edition recently were the Target exclusive Cotton Candy, but I haven't found them in a few months. How many calories did you burn from your Ironman?
  • Oberon21
    edited July 2015
    Options

Oh I hope you are totally serious, because I'm telling everyone we're doing it. I also emailed the alzheimer's society and told them to put us on the waiting list. We will have to raise money though.

I am looking at b&bs for August so I can go tackle the mountain again, and I will have a scout round for somewhere for us to stay
    It is all so beautiful up there.

Anyone else want to join in??

Eta: I am working on a plan for marathon training too!

Go to runnersworld.com they have newbie marathon training plans. If not I have many magazines with them in it and I'll send it to you.

And good I am serious. We'll raise the $ it's a great cause!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Are we still allowed to post photos here or are they supposed to go in the batcave now?

I am still planning on doing both. Maybe just some here and more in depth elsewhere. Not everyone goes to the random pic thread.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Nice! Yeah the S'Mores & Key Lime Pie Oreos were a tad disappointing. My favorite limited edition recently were the Target exclusive Cotton Candy, but I haven't found them in a few months. How many calories did you burn from your Ironman?

3500 calories and 56187 total steps. I'd be willing to bet I was the only triathlete there insistent on wearing a fit bit for the bike and the run. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Amazing job & time @pofoster21!

What's your next event?

Next week a sprint tri then I have the full ironman in Sept. I am going back to WI where I DNF'd last year due to a lack of training and being sick. I must redeem myself!
  • Oberon21
    edited July 2015
    Options
    First photo
  • Oberon21
    Options