Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    10.5 miles done in 3 hours. 1466 calories burned. Off for a well earned bath!

Wow great burn & nice time! You deserve a well needed bath & probably some of your cheesecake:D.

No cheesecake, that's in our london house, and I'm in our Devon house

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's hugs, etc. It means a lot to me!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I rode my bicycle up a mountain today. 50 miles with over 3,000 feet of elevation change. I am tired. I swear it seemed uphill both ways! I posted a picture in the random pics thread.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    We just had our first dose of melatonin about 30 minutes ago, no signs of being sleepy just yet, but we'll see how it goes! I just hope that it works for her sake!

When my daughter was on her treatments and occasionally since then, we give her melatonin and about 20 minutes later she is yawning and ready for bed. Good luck with Raelynn!!

Yes, good luck. My son with Aspergers Syndrome just graduated high school. It was a long hard road and there isn't an administrator in our school system who likes to see me coming, but we did it.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    SD is here and she actually apologized for not being around. She apologized to me and Mr. Mo. Needless to say, I was shocked. Hopefully, things will be much better going forward. I appreciate everyone's support and advice. I LOVE you guys!
    This is such good news! I hope it keeps up.

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I think that's it - families are whatever they are. That 'perfect' family strolling on the beach could have all kinds of issues that you don't know about. When I was a young mum wrangling three little kids, young women seemed to stop me all the time and ask how old they were and what I thought was the perfect age gap (they were obviously planning their dream weddings and ideal families!) I would always say "Whatever you get will work" because it will. One, two, three, more, none. All are great and you work with what you get.

It felt nice to be included in a 'perfect family' scenario. Thanks @Tubbs216!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I rode my bicycle up a mountain today. 50 miles with over 3,000 feet of elevation change. I am tired. I swear it seemed uphill both ways! I posted a picture in the random pics thread.

Great job! Congratulations! What mountain?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    SO finished the Triple Bypass ride. I'm going to dinner with the lovely owner of the B&B wife. The Hubby rode the Triple Bypass too. I'll pick up SO when the shuttle brings him back in a few hours. This place is so cute! I'll get a business card and post the name / address in the batcave in case anyone needs a great place to stay in Colorado. I had a nice but brief visit with my cousin and her family and a nice lunch/mini hike with friends. The friends were all women and I think I've mentioned all my good women friends have moved away (or I've moved away from them) so it was really nice having some girl time. :smile:

Sounds like the perfect day. Do post the info as Colorado is on my list of places to go and I love B&B. Glad you had a nice time and that hubby was successful!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    SO finished the Triple Bypass ride. I'm going to dinner with the lovely owner of the B&B wife. The Hubby rode the Triple Bypass too. I'll pick up SO when the shuttle brings him back in a few hours. This place is so cute! I'll get a business card and post the name / address in the batcave in case anyone needs a great place to stay in Colorado. I had a nice but brief visit with my cousin and her family and a nice lunch/mini hike with friends. The friends were all women and I think I've mentioned all my good women friends have moved away (or I've moved away from them) so it was really nice having some girl time. :smile:

Sounds like the perfect day. Do post the info as Colorado is on my list of places to go and I love B&Bs. Glad you had a nice time and that hubby was successful!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @MoHousdon so glad to hear things are going better with SD! Hope everything continues to improve!

Oooh I like your new avatar!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    10.5 miles done in 3 hours. 1466 calories burned. Off for a well earned bath!

Excellent job! Congrats. And I am sorry you didn't get cherry cheesecake. Sadly neither did I. ;(
  • Oberon21
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Oh, after browsing around Academy this evening, I finally picked out what I want as an anniversary gift this year: a bike with appropriate gear, a seat for Raelynn to ride in along with gear for her, and more workout clothes! I was wanting to go to Charleston or Hilton Head again, but I'd rather have the bike and workout clothes now lol! I'll have to get it all next week sometime since that check will be bigger and more spending money, but it still counts!

I'm excited, and still amazed I found someone willing to deal with me and all my issues. 4 years married August 8th, together 5 years November 15th (and yes we celebrate both), and he still makes me fall in love with him more every single day. ❤️

(Ahem, by the way, @TigerNY128 Raelynn and I will be in Greenville again on Wednesday! ;) )

Awesome! If you have any bike purchasing questions, feel free to ask. (starting with don't buy from a department store) I cycle pretty much every single day. :smiley:

These were my thoughts too. It's more expensive to get a bike from a bike shop, but worth every penny. One situation where you get what you pay for.

I agree. The service, knowledge and expertise can't be beat. Just find the right one. Their first question should be what are you planning on doing with the bike, not how much are you looking to spend. You want needs based help not budget based help.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    SD is here and she actually apologized for not being around. She apologized to me and Mr. Mo. Needless to say, I was shocked. Hopefully, things will be much better going forward. I appreciate everyone's support and advice. I LOVE you guys!

Wow amazing. Glad progress was made. I don't rescind the shadow cat wish though. She has a lot to make up for on that one!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Confession:
    I have not come on this thread for a few days because I felt like the posts I made about my issue with my SO and my issues with struggling to WANT to lose weight were not well received and I felt embarrassed and wished I had not written about those things. Over time I started to feel too comfortable and speaking too freely I guess.

Aww, I'm sorry you are feeling like this. I really enjoy having you on this thread because I feel like I have a lot in common with you and I like hearing your opinions on stuff. I hope I never said anything to make you feel bad.

Hopefully you are doing okay!

HUGS. You are well liked here. I can understand what you are/were saying. I'll throw out my unsolicited advice but I mean it only and always as food for thought and if it is not right for someone no big deal. I hope you are back. HUGS

I second this!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Confession: My husband is really, really bad with names. When referring to this thread and mentioning various people, he (we?) have coined various terms to help him keep track of who I'm talking about. A few of these are:

- The horse lady (@pofoster21)
    - The llama lady (@ythannah)
    - The friendly lady (@LBuehrle8)
    - The cookie-face lady (@spamarie)
    - The Dr. Elmo lady (obviously @nonoelmo)
    - The Mo lady (@MoHousdon)

... Among others. Don't blame me for your new names though... I swear they're his fault! :p

Those are too cute! Good job @mrsusie

I have to start posting more. I want a nickname.

You have one already... He calls you the Canada flag lady :D
    Confession: My husband is really, really bad with names. When referring to this thread and mentioning various people, he (we?) have coined various terms to help him keep track of who I'm talking about. A few of these are:

- The horse lady (@pofoster21)
    - The llama lady (@ythannah)
    - The friendly lady (@LBuehrle8)
    - The cookie-face lady (@spamarie)
    - The Dr. Elmo lady (obviously @nonoelmo)
    - The Mo lady (@MoHousdon)

... Among others. Don't blame me for your new names though... I swear they're his fault! :p

Those are too cute! Good job @mrsusie

I have to start posting more. I want a nickname.

Me too lol

You don't have one yet, but I described you to him as "The lady with the picture of her son in floaties," and he went "Ohhh, her." :p

@LBuehrle8 Oops!! That happened to me the first time I bought it as well--I had more self control the second time. ;) We haven't bought it again, though, because it's really expensive for a very small jar. :)

@RaelynnsMama52512 Nope, not yet--at least not that I recall anyway. He usually bases his nickname on pictures, and yours doesn't show very clearly from the forum.

@pofoster21 Good afternoon! Hope you have fun on your practice swim and practice ride today (or were those yesterday?). Is the half today or on Sunday? I just remember that it's on the weekend... :p I'll do your grocery shopping for you!! ;)

Aww, I think I'm going to have to find a new picture. I want a nickname lol!

Ahh this is the reason for the change! Do you want to be tinker bell? Or fairy lady?:)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Had a lovely day at the farm with charlie. Now resting ahead of tonight's 10 mile charity walk

Sounds like an all around perfect day!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @nonoelmo and @WestCoastJo82 I am really behind today and won't be fully caught up til tomorrow, but I do want to say I appreciate you sharing your experiences in similar situations. It is something that does make me question things sometimes.

I can ONLY speak for my own experiences but I wish I'd listened to my intuition and gotten out years earlier. I ignored a lot for a long time. I had no idea how unhappy I was or how much of myself I'd packed away and I am a very strong person. I can not even begin to tell you what is right for you or if your situation is the same. The blame game is a red flag that I will not ignore. HUGS whatever you decide is right for you.

I personally think this is excellent advice. As someone not involved in the experience but it does seem like a it red flag. And completely unfair.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.

Creepy. I hope you can figure out what it is. If you do, let us know.

Back in about 2009 or 2010, we had a few months were my whole family was experiencing weird things (in different locations) that I've never been able to explain to this day. It was really weird... I felt like we were all haunted for a while too.
    I feel like I MIGHT be able to get some idea of an exact location if I always stand in the kitchen on the lookout, but sometimes these sounds are hours apart. Still going on today and they didn't happen before we went to Punta Cana. My boyfriend keeps saying that there might be a rat in the wall or something and I hope that's not the case.
    spamarie wrote: »
    Congrats @bkhamill !!!

I confess that I am only 21 years old and don't think I'm ready to have a baby by any means, but sometimes I have dreams that I am very pregnant or have an infant and wake up feeling strangely empty, confused, and sad. Any one else do this? Or did this?

I used to have those all the time in my early 20s. Now I actually am pregnant, my dreams have been completely devoid of anything baby-related. Funny how the brain works. I did dream my mattress was made of cheese the other night. I had to lie really still and evenly to avoid crumbling it!
    I heard that your dreams get extra crazy when you're pregnant. I love dreams and keep a dream diary on my computer. Last night I dreamed that I had something stuck in my teeth... and I finally managed to pull it out- a long string of spaghetti. Then more and more kept coming, so it turns out I had like 20 strings of spaghetti stuck in that spot between my teeth. It was kind of freaky for some reason.

For me, that was absolutely true. My dreams were much more vivid, and weird as all get out. Has anyone read Anne Rice's witch series? Before I found out I was pregnant with my son, I had a dream that I gave birth to a fully grown man (like in those books). Seriously creepy.
    My pregnancy dreams were super vivid like in extra bright technicolor. One of the funniest to me was that I was HUGELY pregnant and wearing a metallic gold dress and went to a church to see a play or musical or something and I got stuck in the pew. While I was trying to extract myself Bud Bundy from Married with Children (and I didn't really watch TV) came and talked to me. He would not stop talking to me and I was stuck and could not get away. It was really funny to me because my perspective in the dream was that I was watching myself from about 10 feet behind me. Overall I loved my preg dreams because they were so vivid and crazy in just weird ways.

That is so odd...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @Tubbs216 don't worry about keeping up/responding just don't leave us!!!
    Aw, thank you. I'm not going anywhere - sometimes I get overwhelmed about trying to thoroughly read everything and respond to everyone.

Just do what you can...only us OCD folks need to read everything!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    It's finally strawberry season!

I get really jealous of people who find their farmers market a cheaper place for fresh produce though.

I bought a bunch of radishes, a bunch of beets, some onions, 2 heads of romaine, a cucumber, 3 tomatoes and a 5 lb bag of potatoes, a tiny container of strawberries and spent the best part of $40.

All that at the grocery store would have been closer to $20.

But it's all fresh and delicious.
    Oh yes! I got caught out last year at the farmers' market and paid $12 for two sweet potatoes. I normally would have laughed and said 'WHAT??? No thank you' when they rang it up, but my FIL was with me, and I didn't want to make a scene. I guess they were organic, or gold-encrusted, or something....

This made me laugh and is utterly insane. $12 for 2 potatoes??? Seriously? I would have put them down and walked away. Highway robbery!