Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Confession: The MFP app was being wonky last night and having issues adding things as well as closing my diary for the day. I probably would have been a bit over (we had friends over for dinner), but gave up trying to get things accurate because I was annoyed.

No change in weight today from yesterday, so I think I'm good. I was up a bit from Thursday's delicious (but sodium filled) dinner out, so it should all end up being gone in a day or two anyway. Yay for not stressing out about a bit of water weight!

Big yay! :) Luckily I pre-log, because that would be totally annoying--I didn't have any issues with it when I pre-logged food for today (last night), thankfully. :)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Woke up this morning to a text from my boyfriend..."chest and back today, love you!". Lol. Today is day 3 in the gym with him. We've done legs, biceps, triceps, and shoulders the past 2 days. I'm sore but in a good way! I'm really starting to like this lifting thing!

It's great you have someone to do it with and to push you! Much more motivating.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Been swimming and had lunch with Charlie and my friend from last night, and her children. Feel exhausted now, time for a nap before driving back to London

Sounds like a nice day. :) Swimming always exhausts me, as well! It's very tiring, for some reason.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    @pofoster21 Fantastic job - well done! How do you feel today?

@orangesmartie Great job on your 10 mile walk! I'm so impressed by your determination.

Actually pretty good. The sunburn seems to be the worst issue right now. Tomorrow will be worse.:)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I'm a little late to the baby picture posting but here is me at 6 months:

And this is me at just about 2.5 - my sister is 17 months younger than I am and this is her first birthday. My mother tells me I threw a huge temper tantrum and was miserable for days when I outgrew those red shoes and my sister got to have them.

Sorry they aren't great quality but they are pictures of pictures.

Aww, you were adorable! You totally look like you're telling your baby sister off in the second picture. :p

When I was little, if I outgrew anything and anyone else got to wear it I'm sure I would have thrown a massive tantrum myself... I was rather OCD about my things, even from a very young age.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Woke up this morning to a text from my boyfriend..."chest and back today, love you!". Lol. Today is day 3 in the gym with him. We've done legs, biceps, triceps, and shoulders the past 2 days. I'm sore but in a good way! I'm really starting to like this lifting thing!

Sounds like he might be getting a kick out of showing you the ropes, too. :) Glad you're enjoying it!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    SO finished the Triple Bypass ride. I'm going to dinner with the lovely owner of the B&B wife. The Hubby rode the Triple Bypass too. I'll pick up SO when the shuttle brings him back in a few hours. This place is so cute! I'll get a business card and post the name / address in the batcave in case anyone needs a great place to stay in Colorado. I had a nice but brief visit with my cousin and her family and a nice lunch/mini hike with friends. The friends were all women and I think I've mentioned all my good women friends have moved away (or I've moved away from them) so it was really nice having some girl time. :smile:

Sounds like the perfect day. Do post the info as Colorado is on my list of places to go and I love B&B. Glad you had a nice time and that hubby was successful!
    SO loved the ride except the hail and rain coming down off of Vail. Alpen way chalet in Evergreen was where we stayed. PM anyone if you want the contacts information.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Confession: The MFP app was being wonky last night and having issues adding things as well as closing my diary for the day. I probably would have been a bit over (we had friends over for dinner), but gave up trying to get things accurate because I was annoyed.

No change in weight today from yesterday, so I think I'm good. I was up a bit from Thursday's delicious (but sodium filled) dinner out, so it should all end up being gone in a day or two anyway. Yay for not stressing out about a bit of water weight!

Good job on not stressing about it. I've finally learned to not let it bother me either...since its only temporary.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Ok all caught up!

Thank you all for the well wishes! I had an awesome race! It's been raining non stop in Indiana and was misty, grey and rainy the two days we have been here. But today the one day of the race it was sunny and beautiful. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

So blow by blow (those not interested please ignore):

First amazingly I forgot nothing! I usually end up forgetting some vital piece of equipment and having to buy it. I had everything I needed for the race (we'll ignore that I forgot enough socks, underwear and warmer clothing for day to day and had to go shopping for those...)

We were a bit late and parking was a mess. We got in on time though and then they pushed back the start 15 min so I had plenty of time to go to the bathroom ( a porta potty...sorry @MoHousdon ) and pull on my wetsuit and drink my last minute energy drinks before heading down for my wave. Ladies 45-49 went off about 7:30.

Swim: the water was gorgeous. It's a reservoir so nice and flat. The water was 72 degrees so wetsuit legal. I don't like wearing a wetsuit as I usually find it constricting but it provides some flotation advantages and speed advantages so is worth it. The water felt plenty warm so that was good.

I normally utterly panic at the start of every swim as you are crowded in with all these people and I am not a great swimmer. Normally I would have about 5 min of utter panic and thinking of getting back out before I calm down and start swimming. No problem today! I just put my head down and went. I found a spot in the chaos pretty quickly and settled into a really good (albeit slow) pace. The next big issue is often sighting. I usually have trouble finding the buoys to keep them in sight and not veer too far off course and add distance today I swam dead on. The trip back was hard as the sun was directly in my eyes but I just tried to follow the swimmers in front of me and stayed pretty on course. I didn't get beat up too bad by the swimmers coming up behind either which is a good thing. Because I am really slow the waves behind me always catch me and if they are age grouper men especially the 35-45 groups they are so obnoxious and will swim right over you, push you aside, etc. Anonymity in the water often breeds bad behavior. It can be scary. This is the worst part for newbies to get used to (it was really scary for me in the beginning of doing triathlon). Made it out in 52 min feeling great. And only a few minutes off my usual trained time.

Took my time in transition. Went to the bathroom. Ate a clif bar. Changed into biking gear and off I went. Bike was equally slow. It's my least liked leg but I chose this race for the "flat" course and flat it was! It was 2 loops and the scenery was beautiful and the weather perfect. I was again incredibly slow and most of the field passed me but hey, I was doing it and not hating every moment so a win all around. My hips and legs were killing me and I composed a lot of status updates in my head to you guys and thought about how cool this thread is and how great it is we have all found each other, etc. it took 3.5 hours so a lot of time to think!

So came in off the bike. My friend got me coming in so when she sends me these pictures I'll share them all in all stages (ugly wetsuit and all!) when I get them. Took my time in transition again and then headed out on run. I was sure I wouldn't be able to run at all after how bad my legs hurt after the bike but amazingly I felt GREAT! I kept thinking I was going to crash and burn so played it safe and ran slowly in the beginning to feel myself out. But rather than falling apart I got stronger and stronger. The time flew, I was passing a ton of women in my age group who blew past me on the bike and each mile improved. By the end I was doing sub 9 min miles and I finished in 2:07 which was amazing with little training and time spent running. I was thrilled. I did walk all water stops and got water and Gatorade and coke but otherwise I ran everything and never felt like I couldn't do it.

I haven't checked my final time or standing in my age group but I don't care. It was probably just under 7 hours, but I was thrilled. With zero training it could have been a disaster. Plus I mentally was in it the whole day and happy, never miserable or wishing I had not done it. So glad I came and plan on getting myself back on track with this training!

My friend was amazing and such a great support team. It's so good to have great friends and composing updates to you guys really kept me going. Thanks again for the well wishes and good lucks!

Sorry for the long post...
    Awesome. Really nicely done!!

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Still missing @Italian_Buju. Come back - we need you!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    SO finished the Triple Bypass ride. I'm going to dinner with the lovely owner of the B&B wife. The Hubby rode the Triple Bypass too. I'll pick up SO when the shuttle brings him back in a few hours. This place is so cute! I'll get a business card and post the name / address in the batcave in case anyone needs a great place to stay in Colorado. I had a nice but brief visit with my cousin and her family and a nice lunch/mini hike with friends. The friends were all women and I think I've mentioned all my good women friends have moved away (or I've moved away from them) so it was really nice having some girl time. :smile:

Sounds like the perfect day. Do post the info as Colorado is on my list of places to go and I love B&B. Glad you had a nice time and that hubby was successful!
    SO loved the ride except the hail and rain coming down off of Vail. Alpen way chalet in Evergreen was where we stayed. PM anyone if you want the contacts information.
    Ooh, that looks like a great place! Glad you had fun.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    @nonoelmo those pictures... that place looks so great

@TigerNY128 Glad you're enjoying lifting. You're getting some strength training and quality time with your boyfriend :wink:
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I'm a little late to the baby picture posting but here is me at 6 months:

And this is me at just about 2.5 - my sister is 17 months younger than I am and this is her first birthday. My mother tells me I threw a huge temper tantrum and was miserable for days when I outgrew those red shoes and my sister got to have them.

Sorry they aren't great quality but they are pictures of pictures.
    Edited out pics.
    You were very cute!
    I'm the younger sister and was always so excited when my sister grew out of the cool stuff and they got handed down to me! I never understood why kids hate that so much. Even now, when we're 51 and 47 she still gives me clothes!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I rode my bicycle up a mountain today. 50 miles with over 3,000 feet of elevation change. I am tired. I swear it seemed uphill both ways! I posted a picture in the random pics thread.

Great job! Congratulations! What mountain?

Thanks! Mount Whitney near where I live in Northwest Arkansas.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    @nonoelmo That IS cute! I love the look of it! :)

I'm in the middle of making Dulce De Leche in the oven. It's one of my Eid dessert projects, and I've never made it before. I can't wait to see how it turns out!!

In case anyone didn't know, Dulce De Leche: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dulce_de_leche
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    @pofoster21 Congrats!! I'm glad the race went so well for you.

@Susieq_1994 Yay! For standing. I'm hoping you're fully recovered too!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Ughhh..I made some really poor choices at the store earlier. I only needed milk, coffee, and ice. I impulsively bought a large box of assorted donuts(marked down from bakery), cereal, peanut butter, and a tub of cool whip. I am embarrassed to say what I just had for lunch...but it's not going to be a green day! I did throw away the remainder of the donuts...so that's good. Another walk on the agenda...but it's SOO hot out today....was almost 90 when we walked at 9:00am :(
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Not quite yet, but I'm getting there one day at a time. :) I can walk on my own now!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

+1 :smiley: