Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Ughhh..I made some really poor choices at the store earlier. I only needed milk, coffee, and ice. I impulsively bought a large box of assorted donuts(marked down from bakery), cereal, peanut butter, and a tub of cool whip. I am embarrassed to say what I just had for lunch...but it's not going to be a green day! I did throw away the remainder of the donuts...so that's good. Another walk on the agenda...but it's SOO hot out today....was almost 90 when we walked at 9:00am :(
    Heat is just awful. I miss the winter.

@pofoster21 Congrats!! I'm glad the race went so well for you.

@Susieq_1994 Yay! For standing. I'm hoping you're fully recovered too!

Not quite yet, but I'm getting there one day at a time. :) I can walk on my own now!
    Awesome!

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Ughhh..I made some really poor choices at the store earlier. I only needed milk, coffee, and ice. I impulsively bought a large box of assorted donuts(marked down from bakery), cereal, peanut butter, and a tub of cool whip. I am embarrassed to say what I just had for lunch...but it's not going to be a green day! I did throw away the remainder of the donuts...so that's good. Another walk on the agenda...but it's SOO hot out today....was almost 90 when we walked at 9:00am :(

I can relate! The last two weeks for me have been some of my worst! But I made a deal with myself I refuse to stop buying foods I love I HAVE to learn moderation (I'm slowly making progress). So I went to the store today too and I bought some Ben & Jerry's :) Goal- make it last until Wednesday !
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Is it half baked? :wink:
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I wee in the shower.

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I made the Dulce De Leche! It's a little bit grainy--after going over a few recipes it seemed I should have taken it out after an hour and whisked it, then put it back in for the second hour. I tried mixing it with my automatic whisk attachment, and that seemed to smooth it out a little. It tastes goooood. Mmmm.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I made the Dulce De Leche! It's a little bit grainy--after going over a few recipes it seemed I should have taken it out after an hour and whisked it, then put it back in for the second hour. I tried mixing it with my automatic whisk attachment, and that seemed to smooth it out a little. It tastes goooood. Mmmm.

Send all of the baked things to me!!!!!!!

(Think I'm a little hungry after the gym...)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

:D Y'all know me too well! Don't worry it's still in the freezer woo!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Am having friends over for dinner. I've just put a plum cake in the oven, and am about to start on an aloo gobi (cauliflower & potato curry). My husband is making his ferocious madras which is way too hot for me!

Just took daughter for another blood test and will call dr for a follow-up appointment this week. She's still weepy and exhausted all the time - something has to be done, this is going on too long.

Hope everyone's enjoying their weekends!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Enjoy! Eat it with this spoon:
    dqazvmgfwqd9.jpg

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Whew it all posted. I did this all on iPad and was afraid after all that it wouldn't all post! I did not want to type that out again.

Oh and I ate a TON afterwards including the s'mores Oreos recommended in this thread (they were ok) and was still way in the green. :)

Nice! Yeah the S'Mores & Key Lime Pie Oreos were a tad disappointing. My favorite limited edition recently were the Target exclusive Cotton Candy, but I haven't found them in a few months. How many calories did you burn from your Ironman?

3500 calories and 56187 total steps. I'd be willing to bet I was the only triathlete there insistent on wearing a fit bit for the bike and the run. :)

Wow nice calorie burn & that is an awesome step count. Is that the highest calorie burn you've ever had?
    Amazing job & time @pofoster21!

What's your next event?

Next week a sprint tri then I have the full ironman in Sept. I am going back to WI where I DNF'd last year due to a lack of training and being sick. I must redeem myself!

Nice! Here's to hoping you crush the next Ironman; hopefully, this year you won't be sick.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

I can relate! The last two weeks for me have been some of my worst! But I made a deal with myself I refuse to stop buying foods I love I HAVE to learn moderation (I'm slowly making progress). So I went to the store today too and I bought some Ben & Jerry's :) Goal- make it last until Wednesday !

If you make it to Wednesday with a food that is hard for you to resist, hats off to you!
    My problem is that when I buy certain foods, I know very well that they will be gone that day. It's so stupid. There are days that I will pick it up, think about throwing it into the cart, and then change my mind and walk away. Then like today, nope...no willpower...into the cart, get home and eat it. I didn't touch the peanut butter though!! And like I said, I threw away the last of the donuts..so I guess it wasn't a complete bust.
    Anyway, it was way too hot out to go for a 2nd walk...however, I did go in the pool for a while (for the 1st time this year and only like the 5th time since we bought this house almost 3 years ago). Unfortunately, Fitbit doesn't record swimming exercise so I lost out on that..Just call me Debbie Downer today... :(

On a funnier note... My son sneezed with a mouth FULL of rice. That was fun! ;)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I need one of those spoons, @Tubbs216 !!!!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    @Glinda1971 you were such a cute baby & that's cute that you were mad that your sister got your favorite shoes.

I remember my sister & I always got mad if one of us liked the same things like light up shoes, shirts, or basically anything. We would always argue over who got to open the new Disney VHS movies to see what inserts they had for new movies.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Whenever I have a bad binge or bad binge week I stop buying my favorite snacks for awhile & then once I feel like I can handle them I'll buy more. I'll never fully be able to quit ice cream!

I'll weigh myself tomorrow & see what the damage was from last Monday/Thursday binge.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Did you ever try the Peanut Butter Half Baked? It's so good!

A coworker said there's a Ben & Jerry's Cotton Candy & I must now find it.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Seriously, Fitbit? I am reading the directions online for Fitbit & they have What's you'll find in this document? I'm not saying I am a grammatical genius, but you would think a big company like that would at least proofread.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

Enjoy! Eat it with this spoon:
    dqazvmgfwqd9.jpg

Hahaha thanks @tubbs216 !!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Applause for throwing out the donuts!!!

Trips to the store like that make me glad I have teenage boys. I bought 4 gallons of milk and three boxes of cereal last week. I have part of a box of cereal left, I think.

Peanut butter is my downfall. I have my own jar, which is clearly labeled: Mom: be aware she double dips. I can go a week or more without touching it, but it's really hard to stop when I give in.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Whenever I have a bad binge or bad binge week I stop buying my favorite snacks for awhile & then once I feel like I can handle them I'll buy more. I'll never fully be able to quit ice cream!

I'll weigh myself tomorrow & see what the damage was from last Monday/Thursday binge.

Why would you want to fully quit ice cream? I have pistachio gelato in my freezer. Maybe I should go put some in my mouth. I have 500ish calories left today.
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    So, family pizza party today. I was ready for it. I can eat one slice of pizza. I can drink water. There is usually lots of fruit for the kids - I can have some instead of desert.

SURPRISE!

It was a surprise party for my birthday and all hope of staying within my calories went out the window.