Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Confession:
    I have not come on this thread for a few days because I felt like the posts I made about my issue with my SO and my issues with struggling to WANT to lose weight were not well received and I felt embarrassed and wished I had not written about those things. Over time I started to feel too comfortable and speaking too freely I guess.

Aww, I'm sorry you are feeling like this. I really enjoy having you on this thread because I feel like I have a lot in common with you and I like hearing your opinions on stuff. I hope I never said anything to make you feel bad.

Hopefully you are doing okay!

HUGS. You are well liked here. I can understand what you are/were saying. I'll throw out my unsolicited advice but I mean it only and always as food for thought and if it is not right for someone no big deal. I hope you are back. HUGS

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Had a lovely day at the farm with charlie. Now resting ahead of tonight's 10 mile charity walk

You continually amaze me! I barely got 5 miles in tjis morning. ☺
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Am I the only one who loves oven roasted carrots as part of a roasted root vegetable dish? A little olive oil and paprika and cover and roast onions, carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, turnip, beets. YUM. That's fine. Leave them all for me. Good with or without gravy. My favorite side dish at Thanksgiving and Christmas. mmmmmm
    Roasted vegetables are awesome. I'm just super lazy and impatient and would rather eat what I can raw

• nonoelmo
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    What's with all the sweet pickle hate? I love ALL the pickles. More for me, tra la la!

I am in this camp. I like dill, bread & butter, sweet gherkin and all relish.

Me too!

Can someone tell me what in the world bread and butter pickles are? :-/ They sound so weird... Does anyone actually put pickles on bread and butter?!

It's like dill or sour pickles, but it's a sweet brine as opposed to a sour one. My parents love them, I'm not that excited about them. And for the life of me, do NOT get me started on those "koolicles" or whatever they're called! Pickles and kool aid have NO business being together :confounded:

Sorry, I am a few pages back. When my son played little league football, the kids went nuts over 'picklesicles'. We literally froze the leftover pickle juice in small containers (jello shot) and sold them. Nothing added.

My kids' school had this at basketball games, too.
    Pickle juice is actually one of the best remedies for muscle cramps, so it was probably good for the student athletes. :)

This is genius. I'm totally going to make pickle juice popsicles.
    My SO loves pickle juice on long bike rides.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    up to page 1232. Will work on it more later. Glad you are feeling better SusieQ
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Well, now that I'm a little calmer, I think I can update everyone on Raelynn's situation. (( Cliff noting what the doctor said and it's a bit long. ))

-She has been officially and definitely diagnosed with SPD and Anxiety.

-The only treatment for her SPD and (at her age) Anxiety is occupational and behavioral therapy. Unfortunately, we can't afford the therapy, so that can't happen until we get approved for TEFRA (secondary Medicaid for special needs and insurance), but:

-She is being referred to ChildFind (services through the school district), but the county/district we live in is notoriously difficult for getting kids in. We'll have to see what they tell us.

-Doctor also gave us information on some community resources that may be available for us, just depends on if there is anything in Laurens County.

-She scored an 81 on the tests they did yesterday, which puts her right below "average" for her age and development, but the score for "average" runs between an 85-115 (low average-high average) so according to that she's just below which could mean she will be denied TEFRA. Doctor did tell me to be prepared to file an appeal should that happen and she will help us with it.

-She's been having issues with going to sleep for a while now, like fighting sleep and crying at bedtime, and waking up multiple times in a night so we have to start her on melatonin 2 hours before bedtime, because she's so wound up she can't go to sleep (SPD effect). We also have to start her on a fiber regimen, because she has a terrible habit of holding poops (major SPD problem).

-Basically, we have to keep her life as routine and rigid as possible. No potty training, no big changes, just making sure she knows what to expect every day so hopefully it will help alleviate some of her anxiety issues until we can get therapy going. (Needless to say, our plans of "expanding our family" are on hold until further notice since that would obviously be a huge change in her life. Which, if putting that on hold makes her life easier and we can help her, I'm okay with that.)

She's got a long way to go, but we're going to do everything that we can to help her!
    I did a lot of research on the clinical trials of kids with special needs and melatonin a number of years ago. I went to the actual clinical trial papers (perk of being a grad student at the time I could access almost any journal). For a "normal" kid there is no real benefit but for kids with certain special needs it made a huge difference. I put my son on a very low dose and it changed our lives. I had previously put him to bed more than 70 times in one night. After I saw how well it worked for a month or two I told his doctors what I had done and both the primary ped. and cardiologist were all for it. The two hours seems a long time to me, for us about 30-45 minutes works great so you may need to fiddle with that window a little bit if the two hours is too long before bed. Good luck!

I REALLY understand appeals and avocating for our children. You can do this.

Thank you! ❤️ We're doing the first dose tonight, so we'll see how it goes. We found some tablets that are strawberry flavored and dissolve easily, and she seemed really excited about her "night night candy" (that's what we've started calling it to avoid a big fight), so we'll see how it goes!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Oh, after browsing around Academy this evening, I finally picked out what I want as an anniversary gift this year: a bike with appropriate gear, a seat for Raelynn to ride in along with gear for her, and more workout clothes! I was wanting to go to Charleston or Hilton Head again, but I'd rather have the bike and workout clothes now lol! I'll have to get it all next week sometime since that check will be bigger and more spending money, but it still counts!

I'm excited, and still amazed I found someone willing to deal with me and all my issues. 4 years married August 8th, together 5 years November 15th (and yes we celebrate both), and he still makes me fall in love with him more every single day. ❤️

(Ahem, by the way, @TigerNY128 Raelynn and I will be in Greenville again on Wednesday! ;) )

Awesome! If you have any bike purchasing questions, feel free to ask. (starting with don't buy from a department store) I cycle pretty much every single day. :smiley:

Thank you! :)
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Well, now that I'm a little calmer, I think I can update everyone on Raelynn's situation. (( Cliff noting what the doctor said and it's a bit long. ))

-The only treatment for her SPD and (at her age) Anxiety is occupational and behavioral therapy. Unfortunately, we can't afford the therapy, so that can't happen until we get approved for TEFRA (secondary Medicaid for special needs and insurance), but:

-She is being referred to ChildFind (services through the school district), but the county/district we live in is notoriously difficult for getting kids in. We'll have to see what they tell us.

-Doctor also gave us information on some community resources that may be available for us, just depends on if there is anything in Laurens County.

-She scored an 81 on the tests they did yesterday, which puts her right below "average" for her age and development, but the score for "average" runs between an 85-115 (low average-high average) so according to that she's just below which could mean she will be denied TEFRA. Doctor did tell me to be prepared to file an appeal should that happen and she will help us with it.

-She's been having issues with going to sleep for a while now, like fighting sleep and crying at bedtime, and waking up multiple times in a night so we have to start her on melatonin 2 hours before bedtime, because she's so wound up she can't go to sleep (SPD effect). We also have to start her on a fiber regimen, because she has a terrible habit of holding poops (major SPD problem).

-Basically, we have to keep her life as routine and rigid as possible. No potty training, no big changes, just making sure she knows what to expect every day so hopefully it will help alleviate some of her anxiety issues until we can get therapy going. (Needless to say, our plans of "expanding our family" are on hold until further notice since that would obviously be a huge change in her life. Which, if putting that on hold makes her life easier and we can help her, I'm okay with that.)

She's got a long way to go, but we're going to do everything that we can to help her!
    I did a lot of research on the clinical trials of kids with special needs and melatonin a number of years ago. I went to the actual clinical trial papers (perk of being a grad student at the time I could access almost any journal). For a "normal" kid there is no real benefit but for kids with certain special needs it made a huge difference. I put my son on a very low dose and it changed our lives. I had previously put him to bed more than 70 times in one night. After I saw how well it worked for a month or two I told his doctors what I had done and both the primary ped. and cardiologist were all for it. The two hours seems a long time to me, for us about 30-45 minutes works great so you may need to fiddle with that window a little bit if the two hours is too long before bed. Good luck!

Thank you! ❤️ We're doing the first dose tonight, so we'll see how it goes. We found some tablets that are strawberry flavored and dissolve easily, and she seemed really excited about her "night night candy" (that's what we've started calling it to avoid a big fight), so we'll see how it goes!
    Strawberry flavored things are usually pretty good. I hope it all goes well for you and your daughter!

• raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

Absolutely! I used to feel bad being the 'pushy mum' - I even got to the point of having a court date to force our local authority to provide the services they were legally obliged (but refusing) to provide for my son. Fortunately they caved before the date and agreed, but it was all very stressful. What I learned during that period was NOT to sit back and wait for someone to do the right thing. Nobody cares as much about your child as you do and nobody will advocate for them the way a parent can. You're doing a great thing for your daughter and it will pay off.

Thank you! ❤️ I'm prepared for a fight, but I'm hoping it doesn't come to that.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    SD is here and she actually apologized for not being around. She apologized to me and Mr. Mo. Needless to say, I was shocked. Hopefully, things will be much better going forward. I appreciate everyone's support and advice. I LOVE you guys!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    SD is here and she actually apologized for not being around. She apologized to me and Mr. Mo. Needless to say, I was shocked. Hopefully, things will be much better going forward. I appreciate everyone's support and advice. I LOVE you guys!

That is awesome. Maybe you guys are turning the corner. Fingers crossed!
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Awesome update!

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

That's super great!!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Confession: My husband is really, really bad with names. When referring to this thread and mentioning various people, he (we?) have coined various terms to help him keep track of who I'm talking about. A few of these are:

- The horse lady (@pofoster21)
    - The llama lady (@ythannah)
    - The friendly lady (@LBuehrle8)
    - The cookie-face lady (@spamarie)
    - The Dr. Elmo lady (obviously @nonoelmo)
    - The Mo lady (@MoHousdon)

... Among others. Don't blame me for your new names though... I swear they're his fault! :p

Those are too cute! Good job @mrsusie

I have to start posting more. I want a nickname.

Me too!

Funny but true: I was telling my husband about all the people that said they want to have nicknames too, and mentioned your username as one of them. He was like... "Wait, that's the one with the cowboy hat." I replied, "Umm, cowboy hat? I'm not sure what her display picture is, it isn't very clear..." Then, he said, "I know it has a cowboy hat!"

So, I went through the posts and found yours and clicked on it. Then I was like... "It's her DOG wearing a cowboy hat!" and he was like, "See, cowboy hat!!"

... So I guess you're cowboy hat lady? :D
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Confession: My husband is really, really bad with names. When referring to this thread and mentioning various people, he (we?) have coined various terms to help him keep track of who I'm talking about. A few of these are:

... Among others. Don't blame me for your new names though... I swear they're his fault! :p

You have one already... He calls you the Canada flag lady :D

Me too lol

You don't have one yet, but I described you to him as "The lady with the picture of her son in floaties," and he went "Ohhh, her." :p

@LBuehrle8 Oops!! That happened to me the first time I bought it as well--I had more self control the second time. ;) We haven't bought it again, though, because it's really expensive for a very small jar. :)

@RaelynnsMama52512 Nope, not yet--at least not that I recall anyway. He usually bases his nickname on pictures, and yours doesn't show very clearly from the forum.

@pofoster21 Good afternoon! Hope you have fun on your practice swim and practice ride today (or were those yesterday?). Is the half today or on Sunday? I just remember that it's on the weekend... :p I'll do your grocery shopping for you!! ;)

Do I have one yet? :)

Not yet... Since both you and @riderfangal have your sons as your display pictures, it's probably hard for him to connect a unique name to either of you that wouldn't be mixed with the other. :p I currently have trouble telling him who I'm talking about when I refer to you, because unlike "Her son is wearing floaties!" your son doesn't have any special characteristics in the picture. I tell him it's the one who's son is staring at the camera with huge eyes... :p
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Had a lovely day at the farm with charlie. Now resting ahead of tonight's 10 mile charity walk

Have a great time! :)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Okay four weeks from today I'm headed to the UK!!!! :):) Strictly staying under calories and doing my workouts until London!! Woot woot!!

Wahoo!!!! :)
    @Glinda1971, I hope you get to cross those two things off your bucket list! :)
    @riderfangal, I know it's the next morning now...but hopefully someone helped motivate you to get off the couch...and stay away from the peanut butter!!! It's the devil! ;)

I did get motivated but I still had a teaspoon of peanut butter lol

Holy cow! How on Earth can you stop at ONE TEASPOON? I wish I had that control!!!
    edit: spelling is not easy :)

I feel the same when someone eats a teaspoon of ice cream. Seriously, a teaspoon?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Sounds like you guys had a fun time. Do you ride horses?

How did your 10 mile walk go?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Good luck. I'm hoping it will allow Raelynn to get a good night's sleep.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

I have
    So, I went through the posts and found yours and clicked on it. Then I was like... "It's her DOG wearing a cowboy hat!" and he was like, "See, cowboy hat!!"

... So I guess you're cowboy hat lady? :D

Haha! It's actually just a big floppy straw hat that I wear at the beach! But I'll take the nickname! Love it!