Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I had a dream last night that I started SL 5x5. I was at the Y and I was completely lost on what to do and what machine to use and NO ONE would help me, they all just continued doing their thing even though I looked like a lost child hiding the clothes rack.

This is my fear. I will get up the courage to start and will be totally lost and no one will help me, so I just take myself back to the cardio stuff because it's easy and I have yet to hurt myself on it.

I have anxiety over this. :(

Awwww I'm sorry you feel this way. :( Makes me wish I lived nearby to take you. <3

I would REALLY love that! I don't think Mr. Mo would be okay with me moving to England just so I'll have a lifting partner. :wink:

• MoHousdon
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Based on the video ad that keeps playing today, I speak Spanish and should buy a Lexus.

I am already over calories for the day and haven't even had dinner. (Who knew Lennys Subs cookies were 350 calories each?!)

Apparently I need new gym clothes lol.

I should be a plus size woman who rents my clothes online.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    I had a dream last night that I started SL 5x5. I was at the Y and I was completely lost on what to do and what machine to use and NO ONE would help me, they all just continued doing their thing even though I looked like a lost child hiding the clothes rack.

This is my fear. I will get up the courage to start and will be totally lost and no one will help me, so I just take myself back to the cardio stuff because it's easy and I have yet to hurt myself on it.

I had anxieties about it. So I've hired a trainer to show me how to use the equipment and give me a programme. Then he can bugger off and I'll go it alone for a few weeks, and then bring him back for adjustments.

This made me laugh.

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Confession: there is a teenage girl at my gym whom I would love to tell that if she feels the need to workout with her hair down and wear false eyelashes in order to impress her beau, then it may be time for a new beau. And if she is doing that to impress someone else at the gym, then she definitely needs a new a beau. Either way, I wish she would either make an effort at getting stronger or stay out of my way while I make an effort at getting stronger.

I suppose if I wore false eyelashes, I might leave them on until I got home, but there is no way under the sun that I would try to lift with my hair falling fashionably in my eyes. And leaning on the squat rack isn't exercise.

My hair and make up turns into a sweaty mess at the gym! And I only have on makeup if I come from work! !

I confess I judge women running with their long hair down. I cannot stand to have any part of my hair touching my skin. And if I have makeup on I look like a raccoon when done.

Oh, my hair MUST be pulled up!

Hair up and completely off my back, even just a plain pony tail (my fair is pretty long) drives me BATTY!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Yay!! Hit my 30 lb down goal. Time for some new pretty wristbands for my flex.

I love you guys for keeping me on track!

Yay, You!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    SUSIE! Welcome back! I'll give the picture posting a shot. Thanks!
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    @Italian_Buju on the cookies, it probably would be a little easier to use Pilsbury but I've never bought store bought cookie dough in my life, honestly, and it only takes a minute to mix anyway. Plus I don't think it'd ever stay good in the fridge long enough to use an entire package as I only have a cookie once a month or so, probably.

On the long hair at the gym thing, it baffles me too. My hair is somewhere between bra-band and waist-length and I need it in a ponytail at least, with a headband to keep it totally off my face. And I am NOT cute when I work out anyway as my face turns so red it's almost purple when I run. Strangers ask if I'm okay. I'm fine and I don't even feel super winded or anything, but I look on the brink of collapse, lol.

@FluffySandwich, you should check out the conservation efforts for rhinos going on at game parks in both eastern and southern Africa, it is astounding and really gives me hope. There are wardens who are literally rhino bodyguards who even stay with them all night, every night, to keep them safe from poachers. It's really incredible and the men who do it are just the best examples of humanity doing things right for the Earth. White rhinos might not be saved, I know, but there are others and there are a lot of people out there doing everything they can for them.

This! I went for a 8 mile run and a cute old man told me to stop and have some water... I was like thanks but I'm fine.... I kinda get jealous of anyone who looks like a goddess after working out, I'm a giant ball of sweaty, red grossness lol
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    @Glinda1971 congrats! I'm so excited for you!

@Susieq_1994 welcome back! Hope you are doing well! Also I came to the realization today that there is a gourmet donut shop down the street named Susie Q's, please tell me you make donuts too! Lol
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options

Awwww I'm sorry you feel this way. :( Makes me wish I lived nearby to take you. <3

I would REALLY love that! I don't think Mr. Mo would be okay with me moving to England just so I'll have a lifting partner. :wink:

Oh :disappointed: Ok. No even for a couple of months until you get the swing of it?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    This lack of quoting is annoying. I see women with long hair running with it down all the time. I completely don't get it. That would totally bug me.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    @Italian_Buju on the cookies, it probably would be a little easier to use Pilsbury but I've never bought store bought cookie dough in my life, honestly, and it only takes a minute to mix anyway. Plus I don't think it'd ever stay good in the fridge long enough to use an entire package as I only have a cookie once a month or so, probably.

On the long hair at the gym thing, it baffles me too. My hair is somewhere between bra-band and waist-length and I need it in a ponytail at least, with a headband to keep it totally off my face. And I am NOT cute when I work out anyway as my face turns so red it's almost purple when I run. Strangers ask if I'm okay. I'm fine and I don't even feel super winded or anything, but I look on the brink of collapse, lol.

@FluffySandwich, you should check out the conservation efforts for rhinos going on at game parks in both eastern and southern Africa, it is astounding and really gives me hope. There are wardens who are literally rhino bodyguards who even stay with them all night, every night, to keep them safe from poachers. It's really incredible and the men who do it are just the best examples of humanity doing things right for the Earth. White rhinos might not be saved, I know, but there are others and there are a lot of people out there doing everything they can for them.

This! I went for a 8 mile run and a cute old man told me to stop and have some water... I was like thanks but I'm fine.... I kinda get jealous of anyone who looks like a goddess after working out, I'm a giant ball of sweaty, red grossness lol

I hear ya! I can purchase pictures taken of me crossing the finish line of the 5K I ran Saturday. When I saw them, I was like, why would I want that. :p
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

I've been running the stairs in my apartment building (which is full of mostly lovely senior citizens) recently, and I can't tell you how often I meet someone shuffling down from the second or third floor in slippers who makes comments. They mean well and I don't mind as I know they're trying to be friendly but I think they're getting worried about me. I told one of the "popular kids" (there's a group of them who are tanned to shoe-leather who hang out together by the pool every day and who I think are the in-crowd with all the gossip...) the other day that I'm prepping for a trek in Peru so hopefully that spreads like wildfire so they don't have to keep popping into the stairwell to check on me, haha. Or worrying when they hear my hiking boots clomping up past the sixteenth floor over and over.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Update : At The Lion King! I admit I am way more excited than my family. Sigh. I think they will be happy once we have seen it. For $179 a piece I am a bit disappointed in these seats.

The show was amazing. I loved it. My niece and nephew enjoyed it I think. Tip admit to being a bit disappointed in their overall reaction to both being in the city and the show. I would have been overjoyed at their age. They were kind of like...whatever.

Take me next time, I promise to be properly excited.

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Just read about the man killing Cecil the lion. My heart is broken. :( I really hope he goes to prison for this. Lions are such beautiful animals!

I know, I am beyond disgusted!
    That is also not the only animal he has done that too, he has a whole album of photos of animals he has killed. Pathetic waste of human skin!!

I have been seeing so many pictures of that lion. I can't stand to look. It hurts me. The punishment should fit the crime, but I'm sure he won't get nearly enough of a punishment for this.

Sadly, this.

I don't think he'll get much of an 'official' punishment, but hopefully all the bad publicity will ruin his business. I do feel sorry for any employees he may have that suffer as a result though. But not for him.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Update : At The Lion King! I admit I am way more excited than my family. Sigh. I think they will be happy once we have seen it. For $179 a piece I am a bit disappointed in these seats.

The show was amazing. I loved it. My niece and nephew enjoyed it I think. Tip admit to being a bit disappointed in their overall reaction to both being in the city and the show. I would have been overjoyed at their age. They were kind of like...whatever.
    can you take me instead next time? :laugh:

I'd probably annoy other guests with my excitement for a trip like that.

I'm glad it seems you're enjoying yourself!

I would be happy to. I won't be taking my niece and nephew again...I kind of feel it was a waste. I don't feel they really enjoyed it like I did. Oh well. I would love to go with someone who would have fun!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Thank you everyone for the cheers.

These are the two sets I got:

v1epxfh1iumi.jpg
    ryhn5o0po9p1.jpg

Satisfies my jewellery needs while being practical.

Are these fitbit covers?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    quoted instead of edited. *face palm*

We've all done that AT LEAST once(or five times...).

At least you didn't fall off the treadmill?

Sorry @pofoster21 I had to poke a little fun. Hopefully the fall was mostly injury free.

OH and Sgt. Sexy Pants was in a motorcycle accident on the way to work today! :scream:

He ran his bike into a guard rail. He's dirty but okay. :lol:
    The motorcycle however.....uhm... Well let's just say he can't afford to take me on ANY dates for a while. :lol:

And OF COURSE he wouldn't tell me about it until the night's shift is almost over :grumble:

I am glad St. Sexy Pants is okay. He is blessed.

Two of my brothers wrecked the same motorcycle last summer and though the bike was fine the first time, the brother who bounced 200 Ft down the guard rail was in my trauma center for 8 days with four ribs remaining intact and a punctured lung. That was Memorial Day. On Independence Day, my oldest brother borrowed the bike because his was in the shop. A deer jumped the guardrail and the bike the deer and my brother skidded 200 yards down the interstate. Dead deer. Bike in pieces. Brother in my trauma center on a vent with collapsed lung, three broken ribs but only a crack in his pelvis because he lifts and his muscles held everything in place. (that's really why I lift now, it saved his life) I told bother #3 that if he got on his motorcycle on Labor Day weekend, I would break his ribs myself.

This is unbelievable. I do want a motorcycle but I am a bit afraid of them.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »

I hear ya! I can purchase pictures taken of me crossing the finish line of the 5K I ran Saturday. When I saw them, I was like, why would I want that. :p

The last mud run I did, I went back and purchased a few of the pictures of me on the course. My only reason for that is because it was a huge reminder of the size I don't want to be the next time I do one. I plan to do one this fall so I hope the pictures will be better.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm struggling with my self image a bit today. I feel unattractive and my self worth is plummeting. I really want to bake something to make myself feel better. Not necessarily eat it, but bake it.

:( Sorry you are struggling. I think you are pretty (from what I can see in your picture) so I really hope that you will be able to see that in yourself too.
  • MissKalhan
    Options

I've been running the stairs in my apartment building (which is full of mostly lovely senior citizens) recently, and I can't tell you how often I meet someone shuffling down from the second or third floor in slippers who makes comments. They mean well and I don't mind as I know they're trying to be friendly but I think they're getting worried about me. I told one of the "popular kids" (there's a group of them who are tanned to shoe-leather who hang out together by the pool every day and who I think are the in-crowd with all the gossip...) the other day that I'm prepping for a trek in Peru so hopefully that spreads like wildfire so they don't have to keep popping into the stairwell to check on me, haha. Or worrying when they hear my hiking boots clomping up past the sixteenth floor over and over.

Aww that is freaking adorable! I love the elderly lol