Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I confess I haven't ate the best recently, but at least I'm staying under the 1900 calories I've set for myself to get back into the weight loss mindset.

Staying under the goal you've set is great. Keep going, Kelly. You can do this!

Ditto
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Andrew decided not to nap today. I'm not ready for this!! And Ellie is super grumpy because the anti-reflux meds are making her constipated. So all in all it's been a grumpy day. I've comfort eaten far too many biscuits.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited January 2018
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Andrew decided not to nap today. I'm not ready for this!! And Ellie is super grumpy because the anti-reflux meds are making her constipated. So all in all it's been a grumpy day. I've comfort eaten far too many biscuits.

It happens. Hope they are both better tomorrow. :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Confession: someone downstairs in a doctor's office has lost her cell phone and dumped a purse out looking for it. I know. This because something from the purse hit the building intercom system and turned it on. I am listening to the clatter of the stuff and all of the "have you seen my phone? It's not in my purse. Somebody call my phone." it went on for 10 minutes before they figured it out.

ETA: It was hilarious because my coworkers were like: "I would be cussing a blue streak if I couldn't find my phone" or "they gotta get that turned off before it violates HIPAA."
    After minute five, it was annoying because you could literally hear everyone moving paper and opening drawers all over that office looking for the phone.
    ETA again. they did fine the phone.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Confession: someone downstairs in a doctor's office has lost her cell phone and dumped a purse out looking for it. I know. This because something from the purse hit the building intercom system and turned it on. I heard the clatter of the stuff and all of the "have you seen my phone? It's not in my purse. Somebody call my phone." it went on for 10 minutes before they figured it out.

Ha ha ha that's quite funny. But saying that, I have been known to tip my bag upside-down to empty it out because I've lost something. Once in the middle of an airport :)
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Confession: someone downstairs in a doctor's office has lost her cell phone and dumped a purse out looking for it. I know. This because something from the purse hit the building intercom system and turned it on. I am listening to the clatter of the stuff and all of the "have you seen my phone? It's not in my purse. Somebody call my phone." it went on for 10 minutes before they figured it out.

ETA: It was hilarious because my coworkers were like: "I would be cussing a blue streak if I couldn't find my phone" or "they gotta get that turned off before it violates HIPAA."
    After minute five, it was annoying because you could literally hear everyone moving paper and opening drawers all over that office looking for the phone.

I'm glad it was just a phone search. That could be very funny.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

One time it happened it was guys working on the HVAC system. They used some off color language that really upset a few patients. No one wants their two year old to hear the F word at the pediatrician's office.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

One time it happened it was guys working on the HVAC system. They used some off color language that really upset a few patients. No one wants their two year old to hear the F word at the pediatrician's office.

To bad about the language
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I confess...I was grocery shopping and I was going to get a small bag of snap peas. But there were only big bags left and they were ten bucks. I was all 'hell no I ain't paying 10 bucks for those.' So as I was driving home I passed a Wendy's then thought to myself 'what is wrong with you girl?! You would pay ten or twelve bucks for a greasy burger, fries, and pop and not think twice.' The next morning I went back and bought the big bag of snow peas.

I love this confession. :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Those of you who are friends of mine on FB know that my friend Brooke's newborn has been in hospital with a MRSA infection. He is home (hooray!) on a strong antibiotic and his wound is still draining. Positive thought and prayers are appreciated for Baby Graham.
    My confession is that I would like to shake Brooke. She has been letting her 4 & 6 year olds hold the baby. We don't know if one of them is the source of the infection (Frightening fact of the day: 1 in 4 people carry it in their nose.) and we do know that Graham has a bandaged wound draining so he could easily give it to anyone. Why in the name of all she holds dear is she letting her other kids hold this baby?! I am so frightened for them and I really want to shake her. I have kept my mouth shut and will because they aren't my kids, but I want to. Oh, how I want to.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

That's annoying!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I feel you Mel! I had to be tested for mrsa before having both my kids (thankfully clear) and that is some serious business. Hope baby and family are all doing well soon.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I feel you Mel! I had to be tested for mrsa before having both my kids (thankfully clear) and that is some serious business. Hope baby and family are all doing well soon.

Evan had the three older kids at church today. I talked to them in the hall without touching them. My hands were full so it didn't look like I was avoiding doing it. (Hooray for the big box of Sunday school supplies!)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Those of you who are friends of mine on FB know that my friend Brooke's newborn has been in hospital with a MRSA infection. He is home (hooray!) on a strong antibiotic and his wound is still draining. Positive thought and prayers are appreciated for Baby Graham.
    My confession is that I would like to shake Brooke. She has been letting her 4 & 6 year olds hold the baby. We don't know if one of them is the source of the infection (Frightening fact of the day: 1 in 4 people carry it in their nose.) and we do know that Graham has a bandaged wound draining so he could easily give it to anyone. Why in the name of all she holds dear is she letting her other kids hold this baby?! I am so frightened for them and I really want to shake her. I have kept my mouth shut and will because they aren't my kids, but I want to. Oh, how I want to.

I didn’t realize it was MRSA. Scary! I’m not sure how I feel about the siblings. If they used hand sanitizer first, I’d be ok with it.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I didn’t realize it was MRSA. Scary! I’m not sure how I feel about the siblings. If they used hand sanitizer first, I’d be ok with it.

Nope, sorry. Not this girl. He has a wound draining MRSA, my other kids would not be holding him. They were always a mess of bumps and bruises and scraped knees. Any open wound is an entry point for MRSA and his open wound is an entry point for every germ they have. (And to be honest at 6 and under, I would be afraid they would open his incision back up.)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

I am one of those people who carry it in my nose. I've been treated several times for it.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

I am one of those people who carry it in my nose. I've been treated several times for it.

I am beginning to wonder if the pediatrician has dealt with it enough to know that Graham might never be completely rid of it. I have a friend who picked it up after emergency surgery and has been on and off clindamycin for 4 years. (He was rear-ended into a delivery truck, airbag and steering wheel.caised a perforated colon, my friend is blessed to be alive.)

ETA: that's nothing against the pediatrician. MRSA is not a child's disease.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Hilarious!

Someone once at Walmart had the loudspeaker on as someone was calling the pharmacy. We could hear the the pharmacy answering machine & I said wouldn't it be awful if someone is like, "hello, I am calling because I have diarrhea!"
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Nope, sorry. Not this girl. He has a wound draining MRSA, my other kids would not be holding him. They were always a mess of bumps and bruises and scraped knees. Any open wound is an entry point for MRSA and his open wound is an entry point for every germ they have. (And to be honest at 6 and under, I would be afraid they would open his incision back up.)

Ah, gotcha. I was thinking of the older kids giving germs to the baby, not the other way around. That makes sense.