Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• RelCanonicalRelCanonical Posts: 2,945Member Member Posts: 2,945Member Member
    That when your leggings get looser than you realized, your iPhone will fall out of the back pocket into the toilet. 😭😭😭

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
  • IsETHomeIsETHome Posts: 324Member Member Posts: 324Member Member
    Re:I wanted to wait until I was done losing weight and had maintained for at least 6 months. I don't want to have to have it resized repeatedly, it's already been resized once (to make it bigger). The metal can only be manipulated so much. [/quote]

Time for a "decoy" ring. Meaning a lower sentemental or costume piece, that looks nice. Time to go to the safety deposit box :) Unless you don't mind losing it.
  • ExistingFishExistingFish Posts: 896Member Member Posts: 896Member Member
    The fat seems to re-distribute. At least it did for me. When I lost my 20lbs of weight, my butt was much smaller, stomach still poochy, and boobs totally deflated. Several months later of maintenance, my boobs have filled back in a bit, and my stomach seems less poochy. So there's hope that all the wierd places you're* losing will balance out.

*You as a general audience. Not any one person in particular.

Unfortunately, I've had the opposite reaction. I lost the first 35lbs (of 42lbs) rather quickly, over 6 months. I retained my boobs.

Lost 7lbs over the next 6 months, lost my boobs.

Of course, I'm also a lot closer to my ultimate goal. I'm down into the "normal" body fat range (by estimates, haven't had dexa or anything). It may just be that my body held on to my boobs as long as it had "extra" fat, but when I got down to less fat they had to go.
  • RelCanonicalRelCanonical Posts: 2,945Member Member Posts: 2,945Member Member
    The fat seems to re-distribute. At least it did for me. When I lost my 20lbs of weight, my butt was much smaller, stomach still poochy, and boobs totally deflated. Several months later of maintenance, my boobs have filled back in a bit, and my stomach seems less poochy. So there's hope that all the wierd places you're* losing will balance out.

Unfortunately, I've had the opposite reaction. I lost the first 35lbs (of 42lbs) rather quickly, over 6 months. I retained my boobs.

Of course, I'm also a lot closer to my ultimate goal. I'm down into the "normal" body fat range (by estimates, haven't had dexa or anything). It may just be that my body held on to my boobs as long as it had "extra" fat, but when I got down to less fat they had to go.

Do you also carry a lot of weight in your arms? I hold a lot of weight in my top half and I'm hoping that, while it may come last, that I'll lose some in the chest and arms.
  • ExistingFishExistingFish Posts: 896Member Member Posts: 896Member Member

Do you also carry a lot of weight in your arms? I hold a lot of weight in my top half and I'm hoping that, while it may come last, that I'll lose some in the chest and arms.

Not specifically, mostly my boobs and lower belly (also a lot of loose skin), product of having 3 babies in a short time frame and breastfeeding a lot.

I will say the "last 5lbs" has made my arms look a lot thinner though. More than my hips/legs. Come to think of it, the last bit of fat has helped my upper body more than my lower body.