jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    0pTB01H.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I love kale chips!

There, I said it.

Reluctantly, I admit this too. We dehydrate our own drizzled w/ olive oil and salted. They're surprisingly good...surprising because kale generally tastes like...

...like...

...like a not very good tasting thing.
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    tumblr_inline_na23tiubh41sjyz2m.png
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    karmakaleblog.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

I actually like the stuff, pan braised with garlic and olive oil and red pepper flakes and finished with a squirt of lemon. It needs to be properly and thoroughly cooked, though.

That's a waste of perfectly good garlic, olive oil, and red pepper.

Okay, I can buy people hating on kale, but what are your feelings on roasted Brussels sprouts?

Those are delicious too.

Even better halved and sauteed in bacon grease and seasoned with thyme.

OMG!!!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    got-copy.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    AKChevy wrote: »
    jkwolly wrote: »
    OMG can anyone say boerenkool

3q7dvghayyt8.jpg

YUM!!!!! :yum:

this is the only thing I use kale for. But you have it wrong, your missing the bacon in the potatoes.

And you're missing an...

...(checks Community Guidelines (all hail!™)...sees CG 1a is still there...sighs dejectedly)...

...nothing.

Nothing at all.

• jofjltncb6
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    Prove me if I am wrong but I thought watercress was the most nutritionally sound vegetable. It tops kale in the ranks by at least 7.

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Boo!! Hiss!! Oh wait, you're right. Anything's better than kale. You go, girl!

But still--bacon & peeps > kale and watercress

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

Kale belongs in a trash can. Along with the quinoa.

It might be, but I'm forced to ask, isn't kale a fern?

*sigh*

I guess I should finish catching up before I post anything at all.

Just a few more pages to go...er, I mean, 6. SIX PAGES?!? ON KALE?!?

What is wrong with you people?

It gets so much better...

Indeed, it did.

I also couldn't resist the urge to post along the way.

Alas, I am nearly caught up...and the fun will soon end.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    sullus wrote: »
    Prove me if I am wrong but I thought watercress was the most nutritionally sound vegetable. It tops kale in the ranks by at least 7.

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

From wiki:

Kale:
    Kale or borecole (Brassica oleracea Acephala Group) is a vegetable with green or purple leaves, in which the central leaves do not form a head. It is considered[1] to be closer to wild cabbage than most domesticated forms of vegetables.

The species Brassica oleracea contains a wide variety of vegetables, including broccoli, cauliflower, collard greens, and brussels sprouts. The cultivar group Acephala also includes spring greens and collard greens, which are similar genetically. Pieris rapae is one of the best-known pests of the plant.

Fern:
    A fern is a member of a group of roughly 12,000 species[3] of vascular plants that reproduce via spores and have neither seeds nor flowers. They differ from mosses by being vascular (i.e. having water-conducting vessels). They have stems and leaves, like other vascular plants. Most ferns have what are called fiddleheads that expand into fronds, which are each delicately divided.[4]

Leptosporangiate ferns (sometimes called "true ferns") are by far the largest group, but ferns as defined here (ferns sensu lato) include horsetails, whisk ferns, marattioid ferns, and ophioglossoid ferns. This group may be referred to as monilophytes. The term pteridophyte traditionally refers to ferns plus a few other seedless vascular plants (see the classification section below), although some recent authors have used the term to refer strictly to the monilophytes.

I'm gonna go with no but I'm not a biologist and my last biology class was in 2004. Plus I never learned the plant kingdoms either in 5th grade...

There's only the one ...

That you know of.

We used to think we were the only planet in the solar system...er, planet kingdom...too, and...

...never mind.

This analogy fell apart much sooner than I expected.
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mv1ro3bLvF1qzbf70.gif
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    This is what I think of kale:

kale.gif
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

From wiki:

Kale:
    Kale or borecole (Brassica oleracea Acephala Group) is a vegetable with green or purple leaves, in which the central leaves do not form a head. It is considered[1] to be closer to wild cabbage than most domesticated forms of vegetables.

The species Brassica oleracea contains a wide variety of vegetables, including broccoli, cauliflower, collard greens, and brussels sprouts. The cultivar group Acephala also includes spring greens and collard greens, which are similar genetically. Pieris rapae is one of the best-known pests of the plant.

Fern:
    A fern is a member of a group of roughly 12,000 species[3] of vascular plants that reproduce via spores and have neither seeds nor flowers. They differ from mosses by being vascular (i.e. having water-conducting vessels). They have stems and leaves, like other vascular plants. Most ferns have what are called fiddleheads that expand into fronds, which are each delicately divided.[4]

Leptosporangiate ferns (sometimes called "true ferns") are by far the largest group, but ferns as defined here (ferns sensu lato) include horsetails, whisk ferns, marattioid ferns, and ophioglossoid ferns. This group may be referred to as monilophytes. The term pteridophyte traditionally refers to ferns plus a few other seedless vascular plants (see the classification section below), although some recent authors have used the term to refer strictly to the monilophytes.

I'm gonna go with no but I'm not a biologist and my last biology class was in 2004. Plus I never learned the plant kingdoms either in 5th grade...

There's only the one ...

That you know of.

We used to think we were the only planet in the solar system...er, planet kingdom...too, and...

...never mind.

I died. :joy:
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    3fb32c53fd9d2020bd905876b6b7dd04.jpg

5cbe3ad843f86b5f1b5dddb4c6a3731cd9b672006d8dc8fc2285f532b8bce37e.jpg

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    8yr5zjspzn84.png

Agree 100%!!! ;)
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    8yr5zjspzn84.png

Agree 100%!!! ;)

Yeah, it's almost like I made that one.

Excuse me, time for my PB protein powder :heart_eyes:

pb4lyfe
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

From wiki:

Kale:

Fern:

I like you, but...

axJmn.gif

Yeah I know but science and learning!

Unrelated but this is cute:
    star-trek-peeps.jpg

Since developing the The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM), I've found so many awesome pics like this. There are some truly creative individuals out there. I discuss incorporating your artistic visions into your cleanse in my upcoming book The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM): Incorporating Your Artistic Visions Into Your Cleanses, Master Works Recreated With Peep Inspiration, A Coffeetable Book.

I really think you need to work on shortening the title of your upcoming book!

You can appreciate big words, or you can have short book titles. You can't have both. @tincanonastring commands respect here. This is your last warning.

If that's the case, I've completely failed all of my goals!

You only fail if you give up. Back on the horse, pally! You can do it!

In that case, dick pics for everyone!

tZOS8.gif

and you get a dick pic
    nixon_6.jpg

eyes.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

ALL HAIL WATERCRESS.

Bacon+Peep.jpg

vs.

fern-01.jpg
    Isn't that a fern?

From wiki:

Kale:

Fern:

There's only the one ...

That you know of.

...never mind.

I died. :joy:

Full disclosure:

I LedOL when I posted it...

...and each time I reread it too.

You know what they say about people who laugh at their own jokes...

...they're probably at least kind of funny.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Apparently, 1 cup of kale has like 10 times the amount of vitamin K your body needs. Now, I checked and it said vitamin K is safe even in excessive amounts but I better don't take any chances. (Why, no, it's got nothing to do with the taste, what makes you think that?)