Daily Check In - Summer 2013

Options

Replies

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? yes
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? I didn't have exercise calories to eat so no
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? kept my calories down
    What would I have done differently? gone for a walk, drink more water
    What is today's personal goals? drink water, don't eat exercise calories

Sunday: walk just a very small one
    Monday: aquafit - yes
    Tuesday: weight training or walk - no
    Wednesday: aquafit - Yes
    Thursday: weight training or walk?
    Friday: walk -
    Saturday: Aquafit -
  • DahliaBanker
    DahliaBanker Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you back Dahlia!

thanks Sandie! So........what happened to your foot?
  • jsandie76
    jsandie76 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Not quite sure.... I'm not quite sure what happened. It was either my foot complaining about actually having arch support in my new runners (MOST of my shoes are flip flops or shoes that are so old that any support they once had is LONG GONE) OR my body was not quite ready for all the walking / biking added to my days lately. Either way, I was getting a really sharp pain in by my heel where my arch is. it was really painful to walk and would hurt even when I wasn't on it as well. At least the pain is MOSTLY gone now. If it isn't fully gone by next Monday I will go see my doctor and have him look at it.
  • DahliaBanker
    Options
    sounds like plantar fasciitis. We've had it a couple of times. I wore a pad in my arch of my shoes for a while. It kept my plantar tenden stretched out. It'll contract when you sleep so before you get up do some foot stretches to stretch that tenden. Don't walk on it at all without shoes on until it feels better. (To the bathroom, around the house, ALL of the time!) It feels like a knife stabbing you in the foot does it? It didn't hurt me at all though when I had a pad in my shoe to keep the arch support. Once it was all healed I haven't had trouble with it in a long time. Hope this helps!
  • jsandie76
    Options
    Thank you so much for the info! What kind of "pad" do you mean. Is it something specific for this problem or just something you rigged up? What you said makes so much sense! I went to pick my son up from camp today, so I have been wearing my shoes since quite early. I had NO pain what so ever and I believed the problem to be fixed. When I got home I took off my shoes (we don't wear shoes in the house) and put things away from the drive and my son's camp gear... after that I fell asleep while hubby made dinner. I woke up and jumped out of bed (dinner was ready and the rest of the family was waiting for me) and I almost crumbled from the stabbing pain in my foot! I was so disheartened because I was really looking forward to going for a walk tomorrow morning. I will try to remember to stretch those muscles as much as I can before I get up.
    Jenn
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,445 Member
    Options
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Stayed on track. Joined a 'No junk food for 21 days' challenge today.
    What would I have done differently? nothing
    What is today's personal goals? No snacking, drink water, get to bed earlier

GW at the end of the Summer 9/22: 129

Sun- 62 mins walking - 1/2 w/grandpup; 88 mins spent on Coffey-Meyer and other challenges
    Mon - 105 minutes spent on Focus T25 - Alpha & Beta, and other challenges.
    Tues - 108 minutes spent on Focus T25 - Alpha and my other challenges.
    Wed - REST DAY -- made soups and stews for the week.
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,069 Member
    Options
    Sandie... I hope your foot is better, soon. There are some threads in "Community" section on Plantars F... if you do a search in there for it. Probably some more very helpful advice. I seem to recall something about a tennis ball and rolling your foot around on top of it or something... I think. Good luck!

July 17th - Wednesday
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? no
    Did I reach personal goal? no
    What did I do that I am proud of? exercised
    What would I have done differently? more exercise & stayed under in calories
    What are tomorrow's personal goals? exercise & stay under in calories

Goal Weight at the end of Summer 9/22: = 134 lbs.

Mon - Nope.
    Tues - Nope
    Wednes - back exercises, push-ups & dips
    Thurs
    Fri
    Sat
    Sun

Linda
  • be_patient
    be_patient Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Did I reach personal goal? didn't have one...
    What did I do that I am proud of? te well
    What would I have done differently? Exercise
    What are tomorrow's personal goals? stay under calorie limit and exercise!

Mon - 15 mintute run
    Tues - 10 minute walk
    Wedns - 60 minutes competitve football
    Thurs. - 20 minute walk
    Fri -
    Sat -
    Sun
  • DahliaBanker
    Options
    Thank you so much for the info! What kind of "pad" do you mean. Is it something specific for this problem or just something you rigged up? What you said makes so much sense! I went to pick my son up from camp today, so I have been wearing my shoes since quite early. I had NO pain what so ever and I believed the problem to be fixed. When I got home I took off my shoes (we don't wear shoes in the house) and put things away from the drive and my son's camp gear... after that I fell asleep while hubby made dinner. I woke up and jumped out of bed (dinner was ready and the rest of the family was waiting for me) and I almost crumbled from the stabbing pain in my foot! I was so disheartened because I was really looking forward to going for a walk tomorrow morning. I will try to remember to stretch those muscles as much as I can before I get up.
    Jenn

Yep, that is what it sounds like it is. I'm no doctor and I don't play one on TV but when you said your symptoms it sounded just like it. I got a heel pad at a drugstore, Walmart, or wherever. It only the size of about the back half of the foot. The heel and then it it thins down to nothing. I'm thinking the packaging even said it's for that. Anyway, you want the support for your heel only. I had it in the summer too and I wore it in sandels also. Just have to be sandels that can hold the pad in place. Just make sure that you never go without shoes, at any time, until it is good and healed. I think every time you have that sharp pain you have to start the healing process all over again. It took mine only a couple of weeks to heal because I caught it early. My husband had had it several times and it took him a LONG time because he just kept reinjuring it because we didn't know what it was. Once I got it he knew exactly what it was so I started treating it early. Didn't take mine nearly as long. Good luck to you!
  • DahliaBanker
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes! It's so good to be tracking since I've been gone.
    Did I meet yesterdays personal goals? Yes
    What did I do yesterday that I was proud of? Got right back on track. Made good choices and rode eliptical for 1/2 hour.
    What would I have done differently? Nothing
    What is today's personal goals? Stay under on nutritional goals and do another 30 on eliptical.

Goal weight at the end of Summer check in - 185!

Sun-
    Mon -
    Tues -
    Wed - 30 minutes eliptical
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? probably not
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? no
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? trying to organize my daughters room
    What would I have done differently? track...track...track...
    What is today's personal goals? check in, track calories, and the elliptical

UGH!!! Need to get back on track... tracking, exercising and eating right. Been slacking this week - not good!

GW at the end of the Summer 2013 check in? 190

Sun-
    Mon - swam 1 mile
    Tues - elliptical 33 mins
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri
    Sat -
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    All - Thank you for the birthday wishes! Now it's time to get back to business :bigsmile:
  • jsandie76
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes, I made an effort to be active during the drive. I danced in my car seat, took walks when we stopped for breaks. We had no fast food yesterday!
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Managed to move even when in my van for so many hours. Ate well
    What would I have done different? Nothing. I think I did quite good for the day I had.
    What is today's personal goals? Go to drug store and get a pad for my foot like Dhalia suggested. Wear shoes all the time, even in the house (ICK) Going to try to do one of my strength DVD's (not sure if my body is ready for it but... we will see)

GW at the end of the Summer 9/22: I want to be at 245 lbs.

Wed - Seat dancing, walked around while at rest stops
    Tues - Nothing :-(
    Mon - rested foot
    Sun- 22 min walk, 15 mins on stationary bike
    Sat - 20 mins with "peddler"
    Fri - 26 Min walk with dogs
    Thurs - 27 min walk with dogs and 15 mins on the recumbent bike
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goal? YES
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? YES
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Rode my bike even though it was hot.
    What would I have done different? Nothing
    What is today's personal goals? Get back on track with healthy eating and exercise

Mon- ?
    Tues- 35 mins. walking
    Wed- Biking 8.2 miles, 281 calories, 53 mins.
    Thurs.- 60 mins. Pilates Reformer Class
    Fri-
    Sat-
    Sun
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Stayed within my goal
    What would I have done differently? Nothing
    What are today's personal goals? Stay in calorie limit and get on the bike tonight

GW at the end of Summer 9/22: 157

Mon - 22 minutes stationary bike
    Tues - 20 minutes stationary bike
    Wed - 20 minutes walking, 1 hour manual labor at work
    Thurs - 25 minutes walking
    Fri -
    Sat -
    Sun-
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    JENN:

I has Plantar F for at least 2 years. I tried everything, have you gone for orthotics yet? I did that plus I had two

cortisone shots and that did help. I did all the stretches with the ball, and standing on the stairs and stretching.

It does help, I also started taking Omega 3 supplements and I don't know if that was a coincidence but my foot

started feeling better and I have been taking them ever since. No more foot pain, but it could have been the

orthotics and the shots that did it. I was just ready to wear the boot at night when things turned around. It will

hurt the most when your first hits the floor in the morning. I hope you can get this resolved.

Shirley
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? good on cals , and very close on carbs
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? sticking with it
    What would I have done differently? didn't need the wheat thins or string cheese
    What is today's personal goals? check in, track calories, already went to step

GW at the end of the Summer 2013 9/22: 212

Sun- nada
    Mon - 40 minutes step - DONE
    Tues - body step DONE
    Wed - 40 minutes step DONE
    Thurs - 44 minutes body step DONE
    Fri - 60 minutes step
    Sat - 60 minutes body step & 40 minutes body pump
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Jenn - I've had plantar fasciitis off and on for probably 7 years. The first time it took about a year to get over it, but I have learned to manage it much better so it never seems to get as bad anymore. And I love step aerobics - so this can really be a problem. I use the heel inserts in my tennis shoes and they do really help, also I stretch my feet whenever I think of it - laying in bed, sitting on the couch, etc. I never wear flat shoes anymore or go barefoot in the house. Someone recommended that I try Dansko shoes - so I made an investment (they aren't cheap) at Schuler shoes and bought 2 pair. They really, really seem to give the right kind of support for my feet.
    Good luck - I hate that nasty foot pain!

Shirly - I take a lot of Omega 3 supplements - I never thought about it but it definitely could be helping with the plantar fasciitis! Interesting.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,445 Member
    Options
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Stayed on track.
    What would I have done differently? nothing
    What is today's personal goals? No snacking, drink water, get to bed earlier

GW at the end of the Summer 9/22: 129

Sun- 62 mins walking - 1/2 w/grandpup; 88 mins spent on Coffey-Meyer and other challenges
    Mon - 105 minutes spent on Focus T25 - Alpha & Beta, and other challenges.
    Tues - 108 minutes spent on Focus T25 - Alpha and my other challenges.
    Wed - REST DAY -- made soups and stews for the week.
    Thurs - Another REST DAY -- family business came up. Back to it tomorrow.
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,069 Member
    Options
    July 18th - Thursday
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? no
    Did I reach personal goal? no
    What did I do that I am proud of?
    What would I have done differently?
    What are tomorrow's personal goals? exercise & stay under in calories

Goal Weight at the end of Summer 9/22: = 134 lbs.

Mon - Nope.
    Tues - Nope
    Wednes - back exercises, push-ups & dips
    Thurs nope
    Fri
    Sat
    Sun

Linda